Silver
    2002 Trans Am

02 Trans Am vs. Porsche Carrera

Ok, so this afternoon im leaving town on my way to church, windows down and t-tops out. Now I live in a pretty small town so I don’t get to much action. As im going by my friend’s house I see at the intersection a black Porsche. I could tell it wasn’t the run of the mill boxter so I assumed it was a Carrera. It was. I wasn’t sure if he would play around (car was black with black tint so I wouldn’t the guy to begin with) so at the light I get into the turn lane to go into town and the Porsche gets in the other lane to go out of town. Light turns green and he turns and I sit there and think “Why not? I've got time to kill.” So I turn his direction and catch up with him. I get behind and just kind of chill for a bit to see what he’s going to do, then I make my way up beside him and past him. At this point im about to turn around and leave but then he gets up beside me and I can see who he is. Some middle age black guys, dressed really nicely (turned out to be a pretty cool guy). We pace each other for about 10 seconds and then I hear him get on it and im like “oh boy.” he jumps about a car on me and then I real him in real easy (I must say I thought he would be faster than that). We slowed down and did it again, same outcome. We are almost to the next city so I turn around through the medium and he follows me, haha do race again from a slower roll with the same outcome. At this point I’ve been seeing some black smoke coming from his tailpipes but he has been getting faster on each race. We race to my city again and do another turn around. This time at the turn around I ask him about his car and he says he hasn’t driven it in a while and its got carbon build up in the cats. This time I follow him and he leads to a couple of country roads and we do some more runs. We decide to do a couple of dig runs and I get murdered (I’ve got new tires but they aren't sticky enough haha) first dig run we both spin like crazy off the third honk. We continue to run each other for the better part of 30 minutes. we stop again and talk and he tells me he don’t think I can keep up any more since his cats have got cleaned out (he defiantly got a lot faster since we started) but we also have been starting out in dead spots in my tranny, so I tell him if we go at a lower speed I think I can hang with him. He’s like ok and tells me to lead. So we go for one last run and I slow it down to 35mph (sweet spot for me). I honk 3 times and hit it, he does as well but I instantly jump a car on him. We stayed even from there up to 120mph. We said our good buys and went our separate ways. It really was an epic battle, plus i burned 1/4 tank of gas haha.

My car: sig
    Other car: 1999 Porsche Carrera, 6 speed (im guessing stock the guy didnt say anthing about it)
    A4 (2.73 gears), Magnaflow cat-back, Lid, filter, tb bypass, P&P TB

13.504@104.376

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Being able to dick around with another car for 10 minutes would have made my day
    Congrats on the runs

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sounds like you had a lot more fun than most of us today. That's cool that you found someone to play with like that.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Very nice. I've run a few but I've got a lot o' mods. Throw a few more on yours and you'll be taking them out left and right. Also good to hear it all went well - everyone was cool about it. IMO, those are usually the best kills - when everyone has respect for each other.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Good races, im also glad to hear he was a cool guy. Most of the times when you race someone atleast in my area there full of it.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am

thanks guys, it will be a afternoon i wont soon forget.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

the way the story read i thought i was reading a heterosexual dude and car love story lol good kill

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Sounds like fun man.

Also, after all those races or runs, you only burned a 1/4 of a tank of gas?
    Geeze, it seems like I burn a 1/4 of a tank driving a mile up the road to the gas station. It gets old, quick.

Stealth Gray
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Man, good kill bro! I got to play with a 2003 Carrera a few months back! I thought he would have been alot faster until I found out that they only come with 320hp but then again they are 13.3 1/4 mile cars which is pretty fast for stock...

Silver
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1 View Post
    Man, good kill bro! I got to play with a 2003 Carrera a few months back! I thought he would have been alot faster until I found out that they only come with 320hp but then again they are 13.3 1/4 mile cars which is pretty fast for stock...
    Yea they have about slightly less power than stock F-body's stock but they weigh less and have a better suspension so it made a very close race.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Nice kill(s). Is it plural since it was the same car? Like you said, it must've been a fun day, and even better that there were no po-po around to collect some $$$.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

ive driven an 03 carrera....stout little cars.

one weird thing about them is how they prefer higher RPMS....it cruises around just fine at 3k

Silver
    2002 Trans Am

it defiantly liked the upper RPMs, kinda like our cars. up top before he would shift the exhaust would sound like a whistle just real loud and high pitch

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

6th gear....idling.....75 mph, lol.

each one gets dynoed when it leaves the factory...i dont remember the numbers of the one i drove, but its top speed was 176

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    ive driven an 03 carrera....stout little cars.

one weird thing about them is how they prefer higher RPMS....it cruises around just fine at 3k
    Well yea, to make that much power out of a 6 cylinder requires rpms. Porsche sells a3.6liter 6 cylinder that makes 365hp a 3.8 6 cylinder that makes 385hp and one that makes 435hp and a 4.0 liter 6cylinder that makes 450hp all N/A. Now those engines can rev to 8000-9500rpms depending on the engine.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah that little flat sixer is a beast

Thread Information