Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

02 SS vs 98-02 Z-28

I was on my way to a body shop my friend owns and I'm getting on the free way and there's this camaro behind me that I spot in my rearview. It could possible be a 6 or a z... hhhmmmm ok the light changes for the traffic to get onto the free way. He get right on my back bumper and I'm thinking I bet he wants to play. In the mean time I read on his windsheild "speed!" and I'm thinking he likes stickers too. as soon as we get out in traffic he gets up next to me and gets on it. I look and see no badges on the side and I'm thinking is this a 6 or a debadged z? then he does it again and I hear the exhaust a little better. ITS A Z. We're moving like 65-70mph and so I hear his horn honking over my radio. I heard like 2 honks and he took off a little before I got into third. obviously I shifted pretty fast and good because we took it up to about hundred and he had like 2 cars on me. At that point I was wondering if I shifted low enough(I had to have shifted right) anyhow he slows down and gives me thumbs up and I do the same. He slows down to about 55(my sweet spot) I was hoping he'd slow down to a speed like this.

This time radio's off and I'm ready already in 2nd. honk... honk... honk... you know the rest. he jumps slightly before me but I keep my foot in it watching to make sure I don't run up on traffic too fast and watching the tach AND LOOKING OVER hahaha I actually saw him drop back for a split 2nd then before 100mph he gets 3 cars on me and I'm thinking I didn't hear a wine from a supercharger or a turbo. I get next to him again and give him thumbs up and a look on my face that said I was impressed hahaha.

I told my friends about it and they said it had to be nitrous. He was squeezin the bottle on me. I know it wasn't all motor pulling like that because it sounded all stock. I almost think he had like 4.10s and juice.

Well guess I can't win them all.

by the way he looked like the Brawny man on the paper towels hahaha, I had no Idea!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    I was on my way to a body shop my friend owns and I'm getting on the free way and there's this camaro behind me that I spot in my rearview. It could possible be a 6 or a z... hhhmmmm ok the light changes for the traffic to get onto the free way. He get right on my back bumper and I'm thinking I bet he wants to play. In the mean time I read on his windsheild "speed!" and I'm thinking he likes stickers too. as soon as we get out in traffic he gets up next to me and gets on it. I look and see no badges on the side and I'm thinking is this a 6 or a debadged z? then he does it again and I hear the exhaust a little better. ITS A Z. We're moving like 65-70mph and so I hear his horn honking over my radio. I heard like 2 honks and he took off a little before I got into third. obviously I shifted pretty fast and good because we took it up to about hundred and he had like 2 cars on me. At that point I was wondering if I shifted low enough(I had to have shifted right) anyhow he slows down and gives me thumbs up and I do the same. He slows down to about 55(my sweet spot) I was hoping he'd slow down to a speed like this.

This time radio's off and I'm ready already in 2nd. honk... honk... honk... you know the rest. he jumps slightly before me but I keep my foot in it watching to make sure I don't run up on traffic too fast and watching the tach AND LOOKING OVER hahaha I actually saw him drop back for a split 2nd then before 100mph he gets 3 cars on me and I'm thinking I didn't hear a wine from a supercharger or a turbo. I get next to him again and give him thumbs up and a look on my face that said I was impressed hahaha.

I told my friends about it and they said it had to be nitrous. He was squeezin the bottle on me. I know it wasn't all motor pulling like that because it sounded all stock. I almost think he had like 4.10s and juice.

by the way he looked like the Brawny man on the paper towels hahaha, I had no Idea!
    dang watch out for the Brawny man hes got $$$$$$$ for mods lol..........I always just baby my car around to scared to race lol

White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

Haha. nice story! I checked out your cardomain page and I don't see much done performance-wise. You have a vert + few free mods, and a few bolt-ons. Couldn't he have had gears and a few more decent bolt-on's and walked you like that?

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    dang watch out for the Brawny man hes got $$$$$$$ for mods lol..........I always just baby my car around to scared to race lol
    Hahaha, first time for everything Randy hahaha!

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteghoztt View Post
    Haha. nice story! I checked out your cardomain page and I don't see much done performance-wise. You have a vert + few free mods, and a few bolt-ons. Couldn't he have had gears and a few more decent bolt-on's and walked you like that?
    Hell no! This guy pulled the shit out of my car. and by the way I've got no free mods on the SS. Mine came with an upgraded catback rated at 335 stock. I upgraded the headers and ypipe so I've got a full 3inch exhaust now. I've also got a lid and kn.

Had to be the giggle juice!

White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

Hell no! This guy pulled the shit out of my car. and by the way I've got no free mods on the SS. Mine came with an upgraded catback rated at 335 stock. I upgraded the headers and ypipe so I've got a full 3inch exhaust now. I've also got a lid and kn.

Had to be the giggle juice!
    Ahh... ok. You are probably right and you would know seeing as you watched his rate of pul on you. You need to update your cardomain! Or at least post a mod list with the kill/got killed. Nonetheless, can't win'em all! If you do, what fun is it?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I have rode in his car it performs great

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Hahaha, first time for everything Randy hahaha!
    ok Lionel i lied ....i will race at the drop of a hat and drop the hat to race

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Smile

Ahh... ok. You are probably right and you would know seeing as you watched his rate of pul on you. You need to update your cardomain! Or at least post a mod list with the kill/got killed. Nonetheless, can't win'em all! If you do, what fun is it?
    yea man, he pulled harrrrd. As for the cardomain, I got bored with it. You're right, I do need to update it. Maybe this weekend.

and you're right, you can't win'em all. I know of a local shop that produces some of the sickest cars imports and domestics. 4cyl 6cyl and v8s! I've seen some things man, that's all I'm saying.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    ok Lionel i lied ....i will race at the drop of a hat and drop the hat to race
    Thanks for saying how my SS rides man. I was thinking especially with these headers I'd have an edge on a lot of the other cars, but that's not always the case. I really don't even think this guy had gears. Just the nos. He pulled really hard and I know the difference in 20-50hp, that would make a soft slow pull and this guy was damn near runnin from me but it sounded stock but revving much faster.

oh yea, we all know rrgray8 loves to race hahaha
    Last edited by 7camaro7; 01-12-2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: adding more

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Thanks for saying how my SS rides man. I was thinking especially with these headers I'd have an edge on a lot of the other cars, but that's not always the case. I really don't even think this guy had gears. Just the nos. He pulled really hard and I know the difference in 20-50hp, that would make a soft slow pull and this guy was damn near runnin from me but it sounded stock but revving much faster.

oh yea, we all know rrgray8 loves to race hahaha
    i been wanting to race u but with your recent mods i will need to pull a "pinks show" and nego some lengths. i need 8 for starters .....and yes car domain is boring

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

We will make it happen this spring or summer!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

We will make it happen this spring or summer!
    or whenever i get behind you on I-75 LOL

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

hahaha, you've got the radar if it starts going off you flash your headlights hahaha

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

hahaha, you've got the radar if it starts going off you flash your headlights hahaha
    and when i pass you if my radar goes off i will tap my brake lights lol.....just kidding i think your car would beat mine but it would be fun to try

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

hey lionel i dont think i ever showed u these pics of your car and the one of u by that road runner

Attachment 9398

Attachment 9399

Attachment 9400

Attachment 9401
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 02-10-2007 at 03:57 AM.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

aahhhh shit Randy those are like naked baby pictures I just got off work that day and my car was dirty hahahahaha forgot all about those.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

aahhhh shit Randy those are like naked baby pictures I just got off work that day and my car was dirty hahahahaha forgot all about those.
    pretty nice for dirty

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Thanks man

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Thanks man
    you going to the world of wheels this weekend ?

http://www.worldofwheels.info/

Thread Information