White
    01 Camaro 6speed

01 Z28 vs 335 bmw

I was comin home and this guy was driving real fast or started to when i came up behind him. We raced a total of 3 times but the first 2 times i would give him a 3 second head start not that i wanted to i wasnt sure if i wanted to run but at the top of 5th i would start pulling on him which was suprising because i havent had good experiences racing 335's or M3's in 5th because the car feels slower meaning its probably an overdrive gear. Well getting to the last race which was the cleanest he punched it 1st and had a second head start and i punched it at about 85mph in 5th figured if i go to 4th i have to shift at about 114mph and would be too short. Plus we didnt do a 3 honk so that would drop me further back.

I started pulling immediatly and gave him the waved bye bye and by the time we went from 85-135mph i had 3-4 cars on him, not very happy with that. Im sure if we started from 4th gear atleast at about 65-135 it would've been more but ohh well. He was a very good sport and gave me a thumbs up several times and thats very rare to get. I dont know if he was fixed up or not, doubt it.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 07-06-2010 at 07:50 PM.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I forgot to mention, when the last race started i was 2 cars behind him and come to think of it when i looked at my rpms i was at 5700-5800rpms in 5th so that would probably be higher then 135 probably 140-143mph. I couldnt look at the speedo because i was focused in front of me. I remember the engine screaming seemed like i was suppose to shift into 6th and remember seeing being around 57-5800rpms when i let off. My reve limiter is i think at 6100 rpms so not much left.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i believe the t-56 is a dual overdrive set up so 5th is a overdrive.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

ya i figured, too bad i didnt race from 4th. I barely got in a decent race on the last one he just wouldnt let me get side by side to downshift and go.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

A kill is a kill, good one man
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

Thread Information