Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

01 Z28 vs 04 KB GT

Here is a few videos of me and my buddy out playing around. He was having trouble hitting third, later to find he was low on transmission fluid. He has an 04 GT with a Kenne Bell supercharger at 8 psi, kb cai kit, o/r h pipe, catback, tri ax shifter, 3:73's, and drag radials. We'll get some more videos of him getting 3rd better sometime. Sorry these videos are at night

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...eddings017.flv

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...eddings018.flv

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...eddings019.flv
    (me off the bottle and starting in 1st, he starts in 2nd)

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...eddings020.flv
    (me off the bottle and starting in 1st again)

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...eddings021.flv
    (bottle was low and nitrous was pulsing in 3rd and 4th)
    2001 Z28 M6
    SLP Loudmouth 1 catback, functional ram air hood, Pro 5.0 shifter, free mods, HSW wet nitrous kit

Neck and neck with no bottle....lol There is a 02 with a KB on it at work. I now know were he stands...

lol I know KBs suck ass but damn there is something wrong with that car. It should be well over 400 to the wheels. Easy 11 second car.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

weird

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    lol I know KBs suck ass but damn there is something wrong with that car. It should be well over 400 to the wheels. Easy 11 second car.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

His Z must run 10s then lol......

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Good run. There is a big difference between the cobra supercharged, and a gt supercharged. Now a mach 1 on the other hand is close to the cobra motor setup w/out the supercharger and would see more power from the s/c.

2004 Ford Mustang gt Performance & Efficiency Standard Features
    - 4,605 cc 4.6 liters V 8 front engine with 91.4 mm bore, 91.4 mm stroke, 9.4 compression ratio, overhead cam and two valves per cylinder 260hp

04 Mach1
    - 4,601 cc 4.6 liters V 8 front engine with 90.2 mm bore, 90 mm stroke, 10.1 compression ratio, double overhead cam and four valves per cylinder 305HP

04 Cobra
    - 4,601 cc 4.6 liters V 8 front engine with 90.2 mm bore, 90 mm stroke, 8.5 compression ratio, double overhead cam and four valves per cylinder 390hp
    Last edited by chuckie669; 10-05-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

Like I said, he kept having trouble hitting 3rd. And on the runs where I wasnt spraying, I started at the top of first gear while he was in second, so that gave me a huge advantage. And Im not too sure about 11's in non intercooled form, with his exact mods and full weight. But Im no expert. Thanks for the reply's though!

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Did you catch the GT part? I think a stock GT would need 12-14 psi to make 400 rwhp, which would be very difficult if the compression is as high as the post above says.

Chris

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

that just goes to show how bad the 2v gt engines are

Windveil Blue
    2008 Ford Mustang GT

GT is probably making 360-380 at the wheels max. Great runs!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

yeah that was some nice races. every time i see a older 2v gt i really dont even think of losing cuz it seems hard to get real power out of them unless boost+cams+n2o
    Last edited by blue02Z; 10-06-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Did you catch the GT part? I think a stock GT would need 12-14 psi to make 400 rwhp, which would be very difficult if the compression is as high as the post above says.

Chris
    umm no, a Gt with long tubes and a blower running 14psi would be well over 450 to the wheels. The Procharger intercooled 8psi kits put down 400+ to the wheels with full exhaust.

You're a moron if you dont run a intercooler on a blower setup. The power differences are crazy. Non intercooled stangs are barely able to put 360 to the wheels.

This thread shows that a lot of people on this site really dont know much about the modular engines on boost. There are been 500rwhp stock engined mod motors running the 2.4 kbs. Not saying it would last at 500, but its been done. Of course, it would blow up probably after one pass at the track but it would be one hell of a pass!!!!
    Last edited by mogs01gt; 10-06-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

umm no, a Gt with long tubes and a blower running 14psi would be well over 450 to the wheels. The Procharger intercooled 8psi kits put down 400+ to the wheels with full exhaust.

You're a moron if you dont run a intercooler on a blower setup. The power differences are crazy. Non intercooled stangs are barely able to put 360 to the wheels.

This thread shows that a lot of people on this site really dont know much about the modular engines on boost. There are been 500rwhp stock engined mod motors running the 2.4 kbs. Not saying it would last at 500, but its been done. Of course, it would blow up probably after one pass at the track but it would be one hell of a pass!!!!
    Your a moron for talking like that when you dont know the persons plans or money situation your talking about. He plans on getting the intercooler and adding more boost this winter, but has a family, so cant buy everything at once. So I would appreciate it if you didnt come into my thread and insult my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by zachj03 View Post
    Your a moron for talking like that when you dont know the persons plans or money situation your talking about. He plans on getting the intercooler and adding more boost this winter, but has a family, so cant buy everything at once. So I would appreciate it if you didnt come into my thread and insult my friend.
    Welcome to the internet, shut the fuck up and leave your petty bullshit at the door. He is a moron for not getting the IC kit. He will now waste more money adding the IC instead of just getting the kit and doing it correctly the first time!

The truth must hurt. When people do stupid shit on cars and half ass it because of money, they shouldnt be modifying it in the first place. If his family was soo important, why is he wasting money on car?

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

Welcome to the internet, shut the fuck up and leave your petty bullshit at the door. He is a moron for not getting the IC kit. He will now waste more money adding the IC instead of just getting the kit and doing it correctly the first time!

The truth must hurt. When people do stupid shit on cars and half ass it because of money, they shouldnt be modifying it in the first place. If his family was soo important, why is he wasting money on car?
    Wow, this thread will now go to shit due to the pussy hurt mustang owner being a bitch because a mustang got beat. I never once insulted mustangs in my original post, and showed nothing but respect, and this is how you come in talking to me? Do LS1 guys come over to mustang websites and talk shit like this? Go back to Corral.net bitch.

silver
    2002 ws6

lol@ 2v stangs

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Wow, this thread will now go to shit due to the pussy hurt mustang owner being a bitch because a mustang got beat. I never once insulted mustangs in my original post, and showed nothing but respect, and this is how you come in talking to me? Do LS1 guys come over to mustang websites and talk shit like this? Go back to Corral.net bitch.

I guess hooked on phonics didnt work for you. I will dumb down my first post in this thread for you.

LOL means I was laughing at the slow ass mustang with a blower on it loosing to a car with less power. Did I dumb it down enough for you, I mean well you do own an F-body.

I can bash to..

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

If you say so mogs. Don't you have a blown GT?

I have a little experience with turbochargers. Still, I would be surprised to see the GT tha the OP mentioned make 400rwhp at only 8 psi with nothing more than an H-pipe and catback exhaust. To me that only adds up to 230 or 240 rwhp n/a and 8psi/14.7atm is good for another 130 rwhp at perfect efficiency. So, if it made more than 370rwhp then it means that there is a fundamental problem with my assumptions or understanding. This is how I look at the problem. If I'm wrong, by all means correct me.

Thanks,

Chris

Old Enough to Know Better Crimson Sin's Avatar

Red Fire
    2007 Mustang GT/CS

Hmm, all I can say is I raced a newer (05-06ish) GT/CS vert with a blower. Twice. Once from a 55ish roll.. had 1.5-2 cars on him by 110 ish. Then again on the offramp. By third I had at least a car..Sounded AWESOME btw. But fast.. Not so much. Looked pretty good too. He had a passenger and was a large fellah, like me so I had at least a 200 lb weight advantage as well.

Thread Information