White
    01 Camaro 6speed

01 Z28 vs 01 Z06

Well ive seen this guy around a few times but never really got a chance at him since i mostly drive the civic. We started off at about 55 mph and i had to slow him down due to my gearing, he didnt wanna go that slow and i think he wouldve been more then happy starting off at 70mph but either way we started from 55mph and to the top of my 5th i dont know what speed it was since i was looking at the road in front and him. This was about 1 am so hardly any cars on the highway, at the top of my 5th he had 1 1/2 to 2 cars on me. I must admit he absolutly demolished me on shifting and i think i shifted one more then he did but not sure.

We pulled off on the same exit and he told me he just had intake and it was a 01. When he told me it was a 01 Z06 i was a bit depressed since i wouldnt mind losing to a 02-04 by that many lengths but then again the HP difference isnt that great between the years. I really need to install the LT's and ORY. Either way he was a really cool guy and gave me the thumbs up, wish there were more people out there like that but then again he did win, lol.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

black
    01 SS

i ran into a c5 vette a few weeks, back and the i was just cruising along, and he pulls up giving me the thumbs up, and pointed so we went, and i put about 5 on him, from 55mph, to mid 5th.. im with you on people being cool about it.. sounds like you had a good run.. i got a buddy with a 01 z06 and im ready to give him a shot, lol.. maybe sometime soon.. good run man..

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks foxman92, i need to work on my shifting i was getting pulled everytime i would shift. If you got full bolt ons you should do good against him let us know what happens.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by foxman92 View Post
    i ran into a c5 vette a few weeks, back and the i was just cruising along, and he pulls up giving me the thumbs up, and pointed so we went, and i put about 5 on him, from 55mph, to mid 5th.. im with you on people being cool about it.. sounds like you had a good run.. i got a buddy with a 01 z06 and im ready to give him a shot, lol.. maybe sometime soon.. good run man..
    Wow 5 lenths, thats good. What kinda horsepower you runnin?

black
    01 SS

well at the time, i had full exhaust, ported throttle body, 228R cam, slp lid, and suspension mods.. and now i have added a set of 243 heads to the mix.. im changing out my clutch within the next week, then off to get the car dyno tuned..

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^ that should be plenty of power.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

nice car karpetcm, your car looks like mine but polar opposites, or a negative of each other. haha

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks masterZ28, we got both ends covered, lol. You got silver GS stripes or White. If you got a cardomain let me know, kind wondered how my car would look being in black since ive had a couple of black Z's.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

i have an fquick, my comp freezes when i use cardomain, i dunno why. haha. My stripes are silver metallic on both sides. http://www.fquick.com/Frankster
    Last edited by masterZ28; 08-03-2009 at 05:38 PM.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

That looks nice, reminds me of my 93 Z i had with the silver GS stripes. The front headlights look good i need to do that for my next mod, sucks not having a job right now.

Thread Information