White
    01 Camaro 6speed

01 Z28 M6 vs 08 Z06

Well i decided to run a friends 08 Z06. We went from 50-140-145mph. It was dead even in 3rd gear once i went into 4th spun and burned up the clutch and got pulled 1 car just on my shift and then went into 5th and fell back a bit again and lost by a total of 2-2 1/2 cars. I just ordered a 125 shot of nitrous but that wont be enough to pull or keep up either way but maybe just maybe not lose by much. Who knows maybe will try it again. I was using my 100 shot with the bolt ons in my sig. Just wanted to add i was really expecting to lose bad and this guy rubs it in when you lose. In the end the C6 Z06 is just a insanely fast car and i just didnt have enough power to do anything about it.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 09-07-2011 at 06:13 PM.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

what do you mean spun in 4th? are you saying you lost traction? If so, I'd say you need some new/different tires and some more suspension tweaks. That alone would help. I don't see any LCA's or relocation brackets for the LCA's on your list. Do you have them?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I have sumitumo tires and they are to say the least crap. So i cant pop the clutch or powershift into gears at all. The clutch cant handle the power after just one run its the stock clutch so need to upgrade that as well. Ya i lost traction and i chirped bad going into 5th as well.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If that's the case, I'd say a 125 shot is going to probably slow you down even more until you get those other things taken care of. If you're spinning now, you're just going to be spinning even more with more power.

Any plans to upgrade the clutch and tires? You didn't respond about LCA's or reloc brackets either.

I think if you correct the clutch issue, get some better tires, and step up to that 125 shot...it might be close.

Seems like you're losing quite a bit by having to baby shift it because of your clutch not holding.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ya your right, im trying to decide on a clutch for the past 2 weeks since i hate the puck style ones because its a hit or miss on the chatter. I was told to do the clutch first and then tires. Hopefully by the end of this month i can do atleat one of the 3 things. Id like to do the clutch first, tires and then the LCA's with Relo Brackets.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have the Spec Stage 3+. Had some minor chatter for about the first 500-1000 miles, but it's been great since. It holds really well. I know some people have had some issues with Spec, but they also sell a ton more clutches than other manufacturers. I've seen some posts as of lately about people having issues with Monster clutches also.

I'd suggest the LS7 clutch, but you'd be pushing the limits of it once you sprayed I think...

Just remember, once you get new tires and those LCA's with reloc brackets, you're going to be getting a lot better traction. With added traction comes more stress on that 10 bolt
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ya the 10 bolt is really not up to par when it comes to adding more power. I dont spray at all till im in 3rd gear and knowing even with bolt on power the 10 bolt with better traction is still going to give me problems. Ive been good not going WOT 1st or 2nd gears and especially shifting from 1st to 2nd. I cant wait to burn these tires, they are the worst yet.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

after talking to him and asking him if he started in 2nd or 3rd because this was a debate on the other forum he told me he did start in 3rd but he didnt have a clue as to were i was coming up with 50mph as the start of the race, he said it was 70-72mph. We did try 2 other times before in 2nd at about 50 or so but we both let out early and did not have traction. Sorry for the error.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

^That makes more sense. If the z06 had the driver mod he would have walked you hard lol it shoudnt have even been a race. all in good fun nonetheless though

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

time for cam and heads IMO
    2000 ss camaro, forged lq9 370 short block, stage 3 PRC 243 heads, fast 102 w, big mouth throttle body, MS3 cam, 1.7 roller rockers, stage 3 t-56, monster stage 3, pro 5.0, 4.10's with moser axles, bmr tq arm, lca's, phb. SOLD (thankfully)!!!

New project: 1968 step-side, partial restore, ls/th400 swap. hopefully boosted pics and more info to come!!!

Having a small cam is like having a small dick, everytime you go to use it you wish it was bigger

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    ^That makes more sense. If the z06 had the driver mod he would have walked you hard lol it shoudnt have even been a race. all in good fun nonetheless though

that right there... the c6 zo6 is a monster. i absolutely love them, i got the chance to run one from a 5mph roll.... even with my full bolt ons and 4.10s by the time i went to 2nd his rear bumper was about a car in front of me. he still had paper plates

Thread Information