Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: '01 Cobra

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

'01 Cobra

I have a friend who had a SRT-4 with upgraded turbo and some other bolt-ons. He never would race me and totaled his car a few weeks ago. Well, yesterday we were ridin our bikes and stopped by my house for a break. He's ogling my car and wants to drive it because he's never driven a V8 sports car. I decided to let him, so we ride up-town. He's overwhelmed with the power my car makes and loves the way it sounds, lol. We see a '01 Cobra vert at a gas station and he revs the car up. The three guys in the car had to get whiplash when they turned to see, the look on their faces...PRICELESS. lol. 10 minutes later, we get behind the same Cobra. His car sounds great and looks good too. My buddy says his heart is beatin fast, so I tell him to breathe and coach him along. We get to a red light and pull beside the Cobra. I turned the TCS off and continue coachin. The light turns green and we take off. My buddy does ok for a beginner, but didn't drive to the car's potential. Regardless, at 80 mph we had a car and a half, lol. I'm disappointed that I didn't get to drive, but my buddy who swore by a turbo 4-banger now is infatuated with LS1 power and wants to buy one. Ricer converted!

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    I have a friend who had a SRT-4 with upgraded turbo and some other bolt-ons. He never would race me and totaled his car a few weeks ago. Well, yesterday we were ridin our bikes and stopped by my house for a break. He's ogling my car and wants to drive it because he's never driven a V8 sports car. I decided to let him, so we ride up-town. He's overwhelmed with the power my car makes and loves the way it sounds, lol. We see a '01 Cobra vert at a gas station and he revs the car up. The three guys in the car had to get whiplash when they turned to see, the look on their faces...PRICELESS. lol. 10 minutes later, we get behind the same Cobra. His car sounds great and looks good too. My buddy says his heart is beatin fast, so I tell him to breathe and coach him along. We get to a red light and pull beside the Cobra. I turned the TCS off and continue coachin. The light turns green and we take off. My buddy does ok for a beginner, but didn't drive to the car's potential. Regardless, at 80 mph we had a car and a half, lol. I'm disappointed that I didn't get to drive, but my buddy who swore by a turbo 4-banger now is infatuated with LS1 power and wants to buy one. Ricer converted!
    Wouldn't say he's a ricer by anymeans. But always good to have the power and the blink of an eye. Just curious what's done to your car? Surprised he wouldn't race you at least from a roll it should have been very close unless your modded out the ass.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

It was close. The nose of his car was close to the rear of my car. My car's not modded to hell, just a few simple things. I might make 330 hp or so. I don't know. He had three peeps with him in a vert. My car was being driven by someone who had 15 minutes experience driving it. By ricer I mean he loved to hate on my car and any other LS1 for that matter. Now he's convinced, thats all.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    It was close. The nose of his car was close to the rear of my car. My car's not modded to hell, just a few simple things. I might make 330 hp or so. I don't know. He had three peeps with him in a vert. My car was being driven by someone who had 15 minutes experience driving it. By ricer I mean he loved to hate on my car and any other LS1 for that matter. Now he's convinced, thats all.
    I didn't mean the vert should be close, I meant your buddys srt-4. Good run either way.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Nice he'll be double shocked when he see's that the gas mileage is just as good as his 4 banger turbo was.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Nice he'll be double shocked when he see's that the gas mileage is just as good as his 4 banger turbo was.
    You get mid 20's in the city? Wow that is impressive.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    You get mid 20's in the city? Wow that is impressive.
    I meant freeway man, w/ my auto I average about 19-20mpg if i'm good almost 24 freeway. m6's are more than capable low 20's
    you've been a little susie downer in this thread haven't ya?

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I meant freeway man, w/ my auto I average about 19-20mpg if i'm good almost 24 freeway. m6's are more than capable low 20's
    you've been a little susie downer in this thread haven't ya?
    No, just don't like when people bash other cars just because of their displacement. I know what they are capable of for gas mileage. You can easily get 28-30 highway in an ls1. Nothing wrong with that.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

It was a good conversion story

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

Just for the record, I wasn't bashing the SRT-4. Who cares about the displacement? ANY car can be made to be fast. It looks like a car that a chick would drive. Do I like them? HELL NO. Hate them. This thread had nothing to do with an SRT-4. Just the fact that someone who didn't really respect the power of an LS1 does a 180 after driving it and seeing it perform. To each his own, but this is a site for LS1's. Hope I don't offend anyone else...

silver
    2002 ws6

Wouldn't say he's a ricer by anymeans. But always good to have the power and the blink of an eye. Just curious what's done to your car? Surprised he wouldn't race you at least from a roll it should have been very close unless your modded out the ass.
    hmmm i disagree--- pre 03 cobras are no match for an ls1--- unless they have alot of mods.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    hmmm i disagree--- pre 03 cobras are no match for an ls1--- unless they have alot of mods.
    for sure... an pre -03 cobra will get beat badly by a STOCK ls1 much less an ls1 with some mods
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    for sure... an pre -03 cobra will get beat badly by a STOCK ls1 much less an ls1 with some mods
    Don't quite get how you really figure that out when they both had 320hp 99 and 01 and weigh about 250-300hp less. Wouldn't be badly at all. Realistically the cobra should easily beat a stock ls1. I know the 99's were overated on their hp but still are lighter by a great deal.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Don't quite get how you really figure that out when they both had 320hp 99 and 01 and weigh about 250-300hp less. Wouldn't be badly at all. Realistically the cobra should easily beat a stock ls1. I know the 99's were overated on their hp but still are lighter by a great deal.
    every race ive seen between pre03 cobras and ls1s the ls1s always seem to walk... even when both are bone stock, i have 2 friends with pre-03 cobras, ones got intake and catback and the other one has full exhaust and my buddy with a 02 trans am (non ws6) m6 with just a k&n filter does them dirty every race

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^How much torque did those 4.6s make? That was the difference, I believe.

And to the OP, I've had a few Honda people drive my car, and they saw the light also. They always talk about how it has instant torque, at any RPM. Nice conversion!

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

every race ive seen between pre03 cobras and ls1s the ls1s always seem to walk... even when both are bone stock, i have 2 friends with pre-03 cobras, ones got intake and catback and the other one has full exhaust and my buddy with a 02 trans am (non ws6) m6 with just a k&n filter does them dirty every race
    Maybe your friends just can't drive period. Doesn't help that those cobras have shit for gears in them. There so fucking tall it's pointless. I understand a company wants to mix fuel economy with performance but the 99 and 01 gears are like being in 6th gear all day.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    ^^^How much torque did those 4.6s make? That was the difference, I believe.

And to the OP, I've had a few Honda people drive my car, and they saw the light also. They always talk about how it has instant torque, at any RPM. Nice conversion!
    320 for torque. Honda people? Lol. Putting 500hp in a honda is kinda pointless. What are you going to run? 13.8 at 140.............

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Maybe your friends just can't drive period. Doesn't help that those cobras have shit for gears in them. There so fucking tall it's pointless. I understand a company wants to mix fuel economy with performance but the 99 and 01 gears are like being in 6th gear all day.
    maybe thats why they lose to ls1s.. idk?

but im tellin ya, a stock ls1 m6 will beat a pre-03 cobra all day ask anyone

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

maybe thats why they lose to ls1s.. idk?

but im tellin ya, a stock ls1 m6 will beat a pre-03 cobra all day ask anyone
    They run high 13's. So it should be close if its an auto ls1. Put a set of gears in them and there neck and neck with a m6. Do the weight/hp ratio and that's all you need to figure it out. Which is better? I am a little partial, but I still think they are great motors and good cars. The stock 2v that came in the gt's is garbage in my opinion.

On A side note was reading they made 02 cobra's and shipped them to Australia and made right hand drive. Did not know that.
    Last edited by adam3566; 03-09-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

They run high 13's. So it should be close if it's and auto ls1. Put a set of gears in them and there neck and neck with a m6. Do the weight/hp ratio and that's all you need to figure it out. Which is better? I am a little partial, but I still think they are great motors and good cars. The stock 2v that came in the gt's is garbage in my opinion.

On A side note was reading they made 02 cobra's and shipped them to Australia and made right hand drive. Did not know that.
    i agree about the gt's. and thats weird.. i got meh a fast caa mate check it out

Thread Information