Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

00TA Vs 05GTO?

Smack talker with GTO.....
    M6 TA w/Loudmouth .. SLP Lid and K&N on the way.. as i type
    VS
    A4 GTO Stock
    How would it go?
    Last edited by Fade2Black; 05-10-2006 at 08:12 AM.

red
    98 Z28

i think ur T/A could get him hes heavier and if u drive pretty good. if hes a manual too and doesnt drive well, u should get him. i pulled on a 05 GTO from a roll from 20 to 80. i think that guy has a automatic. that guy and his friend thought they were hot shit too. the looks on their faces were great. i just have a coldair package clutch and flywheel. but the coldair package wasnt in at the time

Awaiting Activation
    You will most likely lose. He has 400hp and 395tq - yea the gto is heavy but thats a lot more power than you have. I read that '05 gto a4 0-60 is like 4.6 seconds and they are a beast on the highway too soo i think you will lose but i could be wrong. Just do it for fun anyway

Hark_Z
    I didnt read the other posts but you will KILL him. The 04 GTO's are pretty much equivilent to LT1's.

BLACK
    01 WS6

you'll take him, easy, I've taken a few
    01 Black WS6 Drop Top M6
    SLP Lid w/bellows, K&N, !FRA, Ported MAF, TB Bypass, next on the list...exhaust... Which one?

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

This is an 05 we are talking about. NOT the 04. I think if you catch him while he is in a bad gear, you will take him. Other than that, you cant outshift an automatic. Good luck.

red
    1999 Trans am

I don't really know about 04 GTOs but if it is like the 03 You will probably win unless you have crapy shifts. If it is an 05 he will probably hand it to you. It could come down to how you shift. Good luck. TOOL! Na just kidding but that was funny. Oh! and stop posting every time you race. I race a lot too ,but I don't post every thing I do.
    Last edited by RedT/Anumber1; 05-10-2006 at 04:18 PM.

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Quote Originally Posted by RedT/Anumber1
    I don't really know about 04 GTOs but if it is like the 03 You will probably win unless you have crapy shifts. If it is an 05 he will probably hand it to you. It could come down to how you shift. Good luck. TOOL! Na just kidding but that was funny. Oh! and stop posting every time you race. I race a lot too ,but I don't post every thing I do.
    Thats you..
    Do what you do and im going to do what I do.

blue
    2004 GTO

There is no such thing as an 03 GTO.

I think it wil be close but i think if its an 05 he will win. I have an 04 and lost to a TA by 1 - 1.5 car lengths but i'm not a great shifter and desperately need to change my stock gearbox cuz the long throws suck.

I admit i underestimated the TA, and lost. They are almost 500 pounds lighter than a GTO so their lies the advantage cause as far as HP, all LS1's are pretty much the same.

But i got the custom cam being made and long tubes coming with a tune to unleash at least 50 RWHP so i will hand him his ass the next time. It's all in good fun.

Cyclone Grey
    2005 M6 GTO

Fbodies have a 300 lb weight advantage over the GTO (3449 vs. 3725). The GTOs on average have about a 30rwhp advantage (01-02LS1:315rwhp, LS2:345rwhp) stock for stock. So it's a driver's race. The GTOs have the M12 close ratio Tremec and 3.46 gears as opposed to 3.42s in the Fbody, but they are also much harder to launch. It should be fun, good luck.

blue
    2004 GTO

ls1's don't make 315 to the rear wheels stock. Most of them make less than 300 to the wheels stock. I know my LS1 in my 04 GTO makes 350 to the crank, which is 297.5 RWHP( 15% frictional losses). All the earlier LS1's (99-03) fall within that 350 range although rated at 315 to the crank, but were rated that low because GM did'nt want to compromise the integrity of the corvette that had the same engine.

However the LS2 GTO puts out 400hp at the crank, which is 340 to the wheels. So if matching stock to stock he has about at 40 hp advantage. But the TA is 300 lbs lighter as the previous post said.

So from what i've seen or been told 100lbs=10hp=1/10 sec.=1 car length. So judging by the TA 300lbs lighter vs. 40hp advantage to the GTO, i would say the GTO should win by 1 car length.

But i'm no expert and anything can happen.

blue
    2004 GTO

danno-ss is also right about the launch especially if its a M6. I have a M6 in my GTO and it put me in a half a car hole when i raced a trans am so i knew it was gonna be hard to make that up versus an auto because we both had stock ls1's and the Goat weighed more, and i lost.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

The only way to truly tell is from a stop, you cant judge a win or loss by going from a roll. Most of these cars, unless one is really modded, will not embarrass the other. I raced an EVO the other day from a roll and we were neck and neck the whole way, but it would probably have been different going from a stop.

red
    1999 Trans am

Yes there is 03 GTOs

Quote Originally Posted by blue04gto
    There is no such thing as an 03 GTO.

I think it wil be close but i think if its an 05 he will win. I have an 04 and lost to a TA by 1 - 1.5 car lengths but i'm not a great shifter and desperately need to change my stock gearbox cuz the long throws suck.

I admit i underestimated the TA, and lost. They are almost 500 pounds lighter than a GTO so their lies the advantage cause as far as HP, all LS1's are pretty much the same.

But i got the custom cam being made and long tubes coming with a tune to unleash at least 50 RWHP so i will hand him his ass the next time. It's all in good fun.
    there is a 03 GTO. For some one who owns one you don't know much of them. They were put in to production the last month of 03.

blue
    2004 GTO

did you read what you just wrote? They were in production the last month of 2003..... If you know anything about the industry, models for the next year are normally put on sale or produced during the middle and later part of the previous year. So now 2007 models of cars are being produced and sold now, but they are not 2006 models.

You thought they just start producing a car the same year they sell it? The answer is they don't. Once again GTO's are 2004-2006 models and they stopped production earlier this year. But i guess next you will tell me they have new 2007 models cause they are still on dealer lots.

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

We still haven't raced yet. I think i'm going to do a gear swap. 4.10
    I'll get him then no doubt.

Cyclone Grey
    2005 M6 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blue04gto
    ls1's don't make 315 to the rear wheels stock. Most of them make less than 300 to the wheels stock.
    Thats why I said 01-02 ls1 Fbody. The LS6 intake was good for ~10-15rwhp. My previous 02 SS put down 307rwhp and 325rwtq bone stock and it was an A4. M6s have less drivetrain loss and are good for another 10rwhp. There was a freak 02 M6 Z28 running around here that put down 325. Stock for stock it's a drivers' race.

blue
    2004 GTO

That's damn good numbers you put down for stock and that 325 stock for an LS1 is just awesome. Hopefully later this month when i go in i can put down a little more than 300 before i slap on my mods.

You'll take the 05 GTO if its stock. Their launches suck because of their IRS. Up here where I live 05 GTO'S run high 14's stock.

Thread Information