Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

'00 Z28 vs. '04 WRX STi

So I'm going by a pharmacy by my house and there's a white WRX STi in front w/ 3 Chinese dudes scoping me out laughing. So I did some drive by action and crawled by as they stormed into it. I let them catch up further down the highway and up to the Rt 9 Victory Bridge in NJ. No cops can sit anywhere on it which means it becomes an instant Drag Road. Well I hit 140mph and noticed he couldn't keep up and I slowed down, waved to him, and sped up again...Wonder if he took it back to the dealership after he stopped crying. Those things are like $35,000!

maroon
    2001 Z28

ha ha ha , awd sucks balls from a roll unless it is a fully built awd car. be carefull going those speeds bro, hate to lose a nice fbody. Good run.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 01mmmz28
    ha ha ha , awd sucks balls from a roll unless it is a fully built awd car. be carefull going those speeds bro, hate to lose a nice fbody. Good run.
    Thanks man! They have severe turbo lag from what I understand, I just can't believe they pay so much for those things...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH MUTHA FUCKA!!!! that's the goooood shite. i been waitn' to hear the result of a race like this.

well fuckin' done man.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH MUTHA FUCKA!!!! that's the goooood shite. i been waitn' to hear the result of a race like this.
    well fuckin' done man.
    Thanks man! I guess people underestimate LS1's cause people don't push em alot on the road. Once I hit 120mph very few people wanna mess w/ it. I raced a '04 VW GTI and he hit 130mph and looked like he shit his pants doing so. I drove up next to him, saw and laughed my ass off for a half hour after! You can't make this shit up!

2000 ss silver bullet volksmech1's Avatar

silver
    2000 camaro ss

i am a volkswagen mechanic and there top of the line shit wont touch my car and its a stock ss. word to the wise the new 05 gli with the turbo ate my friends o2gt convertible. it was funny as hell beatin him in some euro-rice. there not fast but they dont have any turbo lag. just dont want anyone gettin caught off guard. and they have a speed limiter at 130' ish so he might have hit that and thought he blew his car when it shut down

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by volksmech1
    i am a volkswagen mechanic and there top of the line shit wont touch my car and its a stock ss. word to the wise the new 05 gli with the turbo ate my friends o2gt convertible. it was funny as hell beatin him in some euro-rice. there not fast but they dont have any turbo lag. just dont want anyone gettin caught off guard. and they have a speed limiter at 130' ish so he might have hit that and thought he blew his car when it shut down
    Nope, car was tuned and had a really aggressive cam in it. An '02 GT? Come on now, my friend beat one of those in his '92 Passat, I don't think a Mustang is a good enough example...However, a GTI doing 130mph was a better race than alotta stuff I get into in my area!
    Last edited by MikeSomething; 12-19-2005 at 08:53 AM.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    So I'm going by a pharmacy by my house and there's a white WRX STi in front w/ 3 Chinese dudes scoping me out laughing. So I did some drive by action and crawled by as they stormed into it. I let them catch up further down the highway and up to the Rt 9 Victory Bridge in NJ. No cops can sit anywhere on it which means it becomes an instant Drag Road. Well I hit 140mph and noticed he couldn't keep up and I slowed down, waved to him, and sped up again...Wonder if he took it back to the dealership after he stopped crying. Those things are like $35,000!
    You guys across the bridge are crazy. Nice kill. I can see them staying close from a start, but once you guys are up and moving, the ls1, would start putting lengths on them. We had to tone down the high speed runs over here on the Island because they are taking cars now.

TheSilverDragon
    in his defense he did have 2 buddies with him. but that isn't nothin for defense. ls1 definitely gets the win for that race. but i wonder how much closer it would be, stock vs. stock, off the line when they got awd.

delinquent543
    i ran one the other night. a newer sti (sounded stock) and my stock 2000 trans am (a4). we started on a roll at about 30 then punched it. he pulled a few feet in second and third, but once we hit 70 it was all over for him. i pulled a good 4 or 5 lengths b4 he let off. he ate my dust. didnt get to talk thought.. and we were both alone

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

Way to represent!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Nice kill. I have a neighbor that had an 04 and off the line it was close but after about 50 I started to walk him. The guy wrecked his car at Road Atlanta about a month later, he's now on his 2nd STI but this one has a lot of work done to it. He's putting down 332 at the wheels and he wants to go again. I just can't see putting 40K + in those things

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

VERY nice kill bro....i hate the sube crowd the worst...eveytime i wax one they talk major shit....and one time i had this tool pull up next to me at a light and actually tell me "dont even try son, you aint got enough" then i killed him..from a dig!! ....too funny being called "son" by a kid that looked like i could be his dad.....yea, the sube crowd are tools.....GREAT KILL MAN!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 01black
    VERY nice kill bro....i hate the sube crowd the worst...eveytime i wax one they talk major shit....and one time i had this tool pull up next to me at a light and actually tell me "dont even try son, you aint got enough" then i killed him..from a dig!! ....too funny being called "son" by a kid that looked like i could be his dad.....yea, the sube crowd are tools.....GREAT KILL MAN!
    I hear ya... I got the kids that pull up laughing at my car all the time. I wish they'd tell their friends how bad they get beat by us as much as they say they spanked a so and so...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    So I'm going by a pharmacy by my house and there's a white WRX STi in front w/ 3 Chinese dudes scoping me out laughing. So I did some drive by action and crawled by as they stormed into it. I let them catch up further down the highway and up to the Rt 9 Victory Bridge in NJ....
    I think I ran across that very same car a few months back, only, I was driving my 86 Z28 at the time. We got back from Englishtown, stopped off by the 7-Eleven on 516, and seen a couple of Asians hanging out in front with their cars. They were making faces to themselves as we pulled in, but when I got out and asked the owner of the White STI if he had any money to back up that smirk, he seen the number on my window, and decided to keep his mouth shut...

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Damn, you have a 454 I bet you are running 10s at a minimum. My friend has an 84 with a 454 and he took me in a ride in it and it made my car feel like a honda when I drove home.
    2006 GTO M6 Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2009 Silverado LT ECRB 5.3 Z71 4x4 Granite Black Metallic

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    I think I ran across that very same car a few months back, only, I was driving my 86 Z28 at the time. We got back from Englishtown, stopped off by the 7-Eleven on 516, and seen a couple of Asians hanging out in front with their cars. They were making faces to themselves as we pulled in, but when I got out and asked the owner of the White STI if he had any money to back up that smirk, he seen the number on my window, and decided to keep his mouth shut...
    I don't doubt it man! If my 350 beat him that bad, you probably would've been just waisting yer gas, that is unless he put up some money, then again he probably spent it all on his STi payments, LMFAO!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

the only advantage the STI's have is at low speeds because they have AWD and they are a lil lighter

I smashed a 03 GTI with 15-20psi, intake, exhaust, etc..
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

chevy1998
    i got a 98 ss and ran against a white sti in cali. that little thing does have some go off the line but after that they dont have shit.

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

Nice kill! Some idiot in a SHO Ford Taurus tried to tell me that Camaros were not built for top end.

Thread Information