Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2003 Mustang GT

00 WS6 M6 -vs- 04 Audi A6...

Who has it between these two? I'm picking up my 2000 Trans Am WS6 M6 w/ 39k miles on it this coming wednesday (trading in my 03 GT woo hoo lol) from Tampa. Im gonna meet my old man there then we're gonna drive back down south for 4 hours so there'll be ALOT of open, cop-less, traffic-less straightaway. The TA Im getting is bone stock other than a weld-in Edelbrock muffler. My dad's S4 is bone stock. I suck at driving a stick. from say a 3rd gear roll, what would happen? Provided I dont screw up my shifting. Looks like a good race... specially due to the fact that Im a semi-horrible driver

Some random facts about the competition:

2004 Audi S4 A6 convertible (bone stock)
    -4.2L 254cid V8
    -344hp @ 7000rpm
    -302tq @ 3500rpm
    -0-60 in low 5's (5.1-5.5)
    -1/4mi in high 13's (13.7-14.0)
    -3,825lbs

Thanks

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

If you suck at driving I'd say the S4, but if you don't screw up then you should take it.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    If you suck at driving I'd say the S4, but if you don't screw up then you should take it.
    Brutally honest tonight I see,
    I was thinking the same thing, but had it worded differently in my mind.
    Driver's race.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    Brutally honest tonight I see,
    I was thinking the same thing, but had it worded differently in my mind.
    Driver's race.
    he asked!

Black
    2003 Mustang GT

Talking

Yea. I do. But I think by the time I get home I should have it down. I'll have 2 straight hrs of nothing around me which is a nice area to practice. I just hope I dont screw something up If I dont get him that day, I should be a pretty decent driver in a week and I'll just whip his ass when I know what Im doing. Plus I'll have my cutout.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

The V8 S4's are pretty impressive so don't be slouching when your running him although seeing it's a vert you shouldn't have to bad of a time once you get better at driving it. Just be careful on the 2-3 shift because that's where most people screw up and loose. A Pro 5.0 shifter will fix that problem though. Congrats on getting a T/A!

Black
    2003 Mustang GT

The V8 S4's are pretty impressive so don't be slouching when your running him although seeing it's a vert you shouldn't have to bad of a time once you get better at driving it. Just be careful on the 2-3 shift because that's where most people screw up and loose. A Pro 5.0 shifter will fix that problem though. Congrats on getting a T/A!
    Yea I was really suprised the first time I rode in it.. I thought it was the old V6 TT which kinda sucked until my dad told me what was up. I ran him in my GT (I spun all the way thru 1st and halfway thru 2nd) while he never broke traction and in turn beat me by a couple lengths. I told him what happened but he didnt understand (doesnt know jack about cars) and hes like AHH EAT MY DUST MOTHERF***ER HAHA THATS RIGHT (yea he can be an ass.). So ever since that day I swore to myself that I'd build up a car that would whip him all day long.

And I know this is extremely n00bish but when you're racing, do you shift like normal driving, just quicker? Or is there a whole different way of doing things. I can get around town fine in my step dad's 03 Cobra (beast) but never have attempted racing. Thanks btw Im extremely excited to get it

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

There's a few different ways you can shift when racing. You can do it normal and just faster which is normally all that is required to beat most cars or the no lift to shift method that you keep the gas to the floor and only clutch as much as needed to slide to the next gear pop it out or powershift it that I never do seeing I want my parts to last longer seeing you don't use the clutch at all for this method.

Black
    2003 Mustang GT

There's a few different ways you can shift when racing. You can do it normal and just faster which is normally all that is required to beat most cars or the no lift to shift method that you keep the gas to the floor and only clutch as much as needed to slide to the next gear pop it out or powershift it that I never do seeing I want my parts to last longer seeing you don't use the clutch at all for this method.
    I guess I'll just practice speed shifting. Because I know what powershifting is and I'm too pussy to try it this early in the game and the inbewteen method of using very little clutch to get into the next gear while still at WOT sounds pretty bad too.. but just for kicks, when you're doing that, how far in do you press the clutch? 1/2 way? 1/4? I might try it. I suppose you'd still have to do that pretty quick because you're revs would jump up if you dont let the clutch out quick enough

EDIT: going to bed btw thanks for the help, talk to you tomorrow.

Red
    2001 ws6

ya if u dont engage the clutch at all ull bounce off the rev limiter and watch whoever your racing walk u.....u have to know where ur clutch engages

Black
    2003 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    ya if u dont engage the clutch at all ull bounce off the rev limiter and watch whoever your racing walk u.....u have to know where ur clutch engages
    Yea I understand that. Can I test that out if I was driving normally? Like if I were to roll in 2nd at 3k rpm and then keep trying to see whats the minimal clutch I can give it to push it into 3rd? I assume its not good for your car if youre trying to do this at WOT and you dont engage the clutch enough and start hitting the rev limiter

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Best bet is just don't PowerShift... it's not that necesary with these cars...

btw... from a 3rd gear roll...shifting normally you'd probably woop that Audi seeing as it's such a fat PIG... from a dig he'll get the jump but you'll catch him...

mostly because... a T/A is NOT...a MUSTANG GT ... and will pull alot better...

Good Luck!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_Bret View Post
    Yea. I do. But I think by the time I get home I should have it down. I'll have 2 straight hrs of nothing around me which is a nice area to practice. I just hope I dont screw something up If I dont get him that day, I should be a pretty decent driver in a week and I'll just whip his ass when I know what Im doing. Plus I'll have my cutout.
    man tell you the truth it is gonna take you more than a couple hours to get your shifting down right. Id just wait a week or two and then race him.

Black
    2003 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    Best bet is just don't PowerShift... it's not that necesary with these cars...

btw... from a 3rd gear roll...shifting normally you'd probably woop that Audi seeing as it's such a fat PIG... from a dig he'll get the jump but you'll catch him...

mostly because... a T/A is NOT...a MUSTANG GT ... and will pull alot better...

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    man tell you the truth it is gonna take you more than a couple hours to get your shifting down right. Id just wait a week or two and then race him.
    Well Im pretty good at shifting normally. Like around town. So all I need to do is speed up the process which shouldnt be THAT hard.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yeah man I went after a S/C 350z as soon as I got my M6. If I didn't mess up my shifts I would of whooped his ass. Practice. Even if your just sitting in your drive way. Practice.

Black
    2003 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Yeah man I went after a S/C 350z as soon as I got my M6. If I didn't mess up my shifts I would of whooped his ass. Practice. Even if your just sitting in your drive way. Practice.
    Haha there ya go. Yea I have the feeling that Im gonna be a really good driver. When it comes to cars and mechanical stuff, all I need is a tutorial and practice time and I can have it down PERFECT in no time at all. Where about in FL are you? I'm trying to hook up with a WS6 driver somewhere local to see if I can hitch a ride and see what they can do with a good driver. I've never ridden in/drove one. Closest I came was racing 99 TA M6 once.

Red
    2001 ws6

go from a 40mph roll in 2nd and u got him

Black
    2003 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    go from a 40mph roll in 2nd and u got him
    The only reason I say a 3rd roll is that I know that 2nd to 3rd is a hard shift. Specially for a dumb n00b like myself

Red
    2001 ws6

ahaha tru tru.....ya then start it a lil higher...mayb a 50 roll

Red
    2001 ws6

and change ur public profile....u no longer have a 2003 mustang gt

Thread Information