Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    waldo31031

00 ss vs. 06 gto

My A4 SS has longtubes and an SLP airbox. It runs consistant 8.50s in the 1/8. How bad would a 06 gto m6 pull on me?

waldo31031
    also full Borla. I know the gto would be me but how bad?

Cyclone Grey
    2005 M6 GTO

With your mod's you'll take an '05+ GTO in the 1/8 and probably hold it off until after the 1/4mi. The A4 falls on it's face in 3rd gear so the M6 should start inching on you.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by danno-SS
    With your mod's you'll take an '05+ GTO in the 1/8 and probably hold it off until after the 1/4mi. The A4 falls on it's face in 3rd gear so the M6 should start inching on you.

Danno: I've yet to see any LS1 F-body "fall on it's face in 3rd gear" I've owned two '99 Z28's both had a A4's the first one would run 8.30's in the 1/8 and 12.79 in the 1/4...don't know about the second one VMP hasn't opened up yet lol. I'm not sure how well the new GTO's run....I did how ever drive one of the '06 6.0L GTO's though it was fast to say the least. Also must take in consideration that the GTO's are heavier than Camaro's and with your mods I'd say you were not to much off of his HP either....3rd gear seems to be the magical gear for LS1 F-bodies they really pull hard no matter wither it's a A4 or M6 in the 3rd gear....Hell might not even be a race the GTO driver could miss a shift LMAO!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Yea, I was about to say "3rd gear falling on it's face?!?"... Never happened in my A4 even before I adjusted the shift points.

Merlin
    8.50's should net you 13.0's to 12.9's in the 1/4. That is just going off my own person results I have. I have a '00 A4 Z28 with Port TB,LT, ORY,LS1 Tuning on dyno,Lid. This is on 235/55/16's... But that 2.73 rear end gear doesn't spin that hard @ the track w/ 2.03 60ft's. I am sure the SS has some fatter rubber out back than my 10 spokes.

Don't think should should have too much of a problem unless your like me and sleeping at the Tree's. I know in 3rd gear it is a big load with the 2.73's. On the dyno there was some det that was not seen in second on the top end. But if you make it to the top of third...wow that is one heck of a race!

Cyclone Grey
    2005 M6 GTO

Bad choice of words. What I was trying to say was that the A4 2-3 shift is somewhat wide and that puts the LS1 at ~3800RPM versus ~4300RPM for the same shift on the MN6.

Stock, my A4 SS would consistently beat other stock or lightly modded M6 F-bodys in the 1/8. Once 3rd gear hit though, well-driven ones would stop my pull and gain leading to photo finishes.

Member since 2001

Pewter
    W/ a good driver he'd gain on you a bit up top, but not alot

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by danno-SS
    Bad choice of words. What I was trying to say was that the A4 2-3 shift is somewhat wide and that puts the LS1 at ~3800RPM versus ~4300RPM for the same shift on the MN6.

Stock, my A4 SS would consistently beat other stock or lightly modded M6 F-bodys in the 1/8. Once 3rd gear hit though, well-driven ones would stop my pull and gain leading to photo finishes.
    I've had people say that to me too. That is, their A4 consistently beats M6 F-bodies. I've surprised everyone who's said that to me. I'm not bragging, just stating a fact.

I seriously believe I've got a Wednesday built car. The damn thing just keeps shocking people, including me.

lee1rbc
    People say its the 2nd to 3rd shift spacing is the reason A4s are slower mph through the traps, but I think it has more to do with converter lock up. Really the spacing from 2nd to 3rd isn't that bad compared to 1st to 2nd and you don't see the mph issue in the 8th.

10 sec. club

550rwhp Unlocked
    '05 GTO

Driver's race... A lot of my GTO buddies go to the track together..
    some cant drive worth a crap and barely scrape into the 13s.
    Another is runnin 12.7@110 consistantly.... You'll get him outta the hole with your A4 if youre good

v8blazer
    With my M6 SS with a 150 rider(lid, !cats,CME) ran side by side with a 05 GTO with descreened MAF, and catback till 5500+ rpms n 4th gear when he pulled a nose on me. Without the passenger he wouldn't have pulled me at all. If you car is tuned. It should have no problem pulling a Stock GTO.

black
    1999 Camaro Z/28

I didnt have a problem edgeing a stock 05 A4 GTO by a car from a 30 - 75 mph roll on with my M6 in my 99, but that is a whole different world than running from a dig.

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

Should be a close race regardless.. Depends on the driving I have been beat by A4's and have beat A4's.

The 06 GTO's are fast I have driven one as well (M6) I think the weight of the GTO evens up the field a bit.

Just my .02

Steve

CamaroKillZ28
    This is stuff i want to know as well, my neighbor has an 05 a4 with shorty headers and k&n fipk, no cat-back though, and an air-ride suspension, and he says his car will walk mine (slp flo-pac, slp 85mm maf, custom y-pipe and custom cat-back, stage 2 clutch, pro 5.0 shifter)...what do you all think?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroKillZ28
    This is stuff i want to know as well, my neighbor has an 05 a4 with shorty headers and k&n fipk, no cat-back though, and an air-ride suspension, and he says his car will walk mine (slp flo-pac, slp 85mm maf, custom y-pipe and custom cat-back, stage 2 clutch, pro 5.0 shifter)...what do you all think?

Only one way to find out.....just go out and race no big deal lol Racings fun!

CamaroKillZ28
    Yah I know, hes chicken shit about it...unlike my neighbor with the c6...now that guys a lil nutty!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

ehh yeah I hate guys like that they say their car is the fastest in the world but they wont back it up lol

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Should be a good one!

GTwhOa
    I ran 8.40s and 8.50s in the 1/8 bone stock in my 04 GTO.

Thread Information