Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

My Recent Experience with TSS

My last purchase from TSS was a total disaster. I will never ever order another thing from them.

YES PLEASE SO LET ME SHOUT THAT OUT REALLY LOUDLY SO EVERYONE CAN HEAR ME:

I WILL NEVER EVER NEVER PLACE ANOTHER ORDER WITH TSS

The best way for me to express what happened with my last TSS ORDER is for me to post my rsponse to his last e-mail to me which really blames me for his poor business practices.

Subject: recent events
    To: "Marion E. Becker" <mebecker1@yahoo.com>
    Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 12:07 PM

Marion,

It has come to my attention by ls1.com that you are upset with us. As our sponsorship, and well being truely depend on that site I would like to find out what it is so that I can address it and put things to rest for good. I was under the impression that after refunding your dart order and replacing your smooth locks we had fulfilled our obligation as a service provider?

Jaison,

I placed orders with you from October 5, 2008 through November 14, 2008. You guaranteed me delivery by December 24, 2008 as long as you received payment by 11/15/2008. I paid you in full for the multiple orders by 11/14/2008. I HAVE PAYPAL receipts.

In fact, I have every e-mail you ever sent me. E-mail after e-mail stating order will be ready this time...will be ready that time...Oh you have spent so much money with us and have been so patient and oh we do not deserve it...OH AND JUST ON AND ON AND ON AND ON...

OK...yes you are right I had the patience of a saint...I bought $56.00 worth of smooth locks from afterthoughtsauto and had them send them to your partner Guadeloupe in Dallas....remember that??? In addition to that you wanted $80.00 for making those smooth locks.

Your partner PMed me on LS1 and told me half the smooth locks sent by afterthoughtsauto.com were destroyed when he tried to make them. He told me would send me some of his ("TO TRY") and then the undestroyed ones back.

OK well, that never happened. Now to top things off you charged me $5.00 per item in shipping. that would be a whopping $45.00 and the box said $4.80 when I got it.

I ordered a G8 Pontiac Dart was to be a Christmas gift. I wrote to you December 23, 2008 to make sure it was shipped on time. You wrote to me and said it WAS NOT SHIPPED-I HAVE YOUR WORDS IN YOUR E-MAILS; and, I would be glad to pass all those on to the powers that be. I am pretty sure that is what the forward button is for.

OH HELL COULD JUST POST THEM ALL RIGHT UP HERE...I HAVE A 4-DAY WEEKEND!!!

Then March 15, 2009 rolls around and you send me this extremely "off the cuff e-mail" stating it was delivered by UPS and you have a tracking# to prove it. OH AND WHEN I WROTE YOU BACK AND SENT YOU YOUR OWN WORDS FOR 12/23/2008...YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO TELL ME TO CHECK WITH UPS....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? CHECK WITH UPS??? NO YOU NEEDED TO CHECK WITH UPS. THAT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AS THE VENDOR..

SINCE WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SENT ANYTHING BY UPS?

THEN THERE ARE THE NEXT 2 MONTHS OF FILING PAPERWORK WITH UPS...well that was filled out and was hand delivered (despite your claims it was to be picked up-of course never was). Then your e-mails asking had it been filled out and of course it was...and still no merchandise...no refund...then you completely ignored the ashtray overlay...had too keep asking you about that.. and after all that, you drop pursuing the insurance claim with UPS. Now why would you do that if that order was insured and you could recoup that loss?

I tried to get a refund from PayPal...but aren’t you the smart one....PayPal will not refund after 90 days...and you were so far past/beyond 90 days...7 months...7 months....but I did get to have them watch what goes on with you and how many any complaints they receive.

Then finally, after 7 months - 7 months...where is my stuff or I want a refund now...you send me $100.00 by PayPal. and you know damned well I did not get $100.00. And you sent me this not on that refund said partial refund; and, you basically told me was to keep my mouth shut...I HAVE IT I HAVE THAT PAPERWORK...

I am very sure you are aware when you pay through PayPal there is a small fee. And I am very sure that is why you add $5.00 for each item ordered and call it shipping. That is a misrepresentation of charges/fees. This would be especially evident when the label on the shipping bi clearly reads USPS $4.80.

That has got to be the most insulting thing...so talk about adding insult to injury. So you send me back a “Partial Refund “and it was shorted. Let me make sure those words on that PayPal invoice are up here. Because that is possible the worst thing anyone has ever said to me:

Marion, Please accept this as a token of my gratitude for not publicly destroying our rep. I don't know why my production guy has taken so long to reship your items.

Then the stuff you did send me-OMG in my whole life I never expected so many issues with an order of this magnitude. I wrote you a detailed e-mail stating the problems: free lettering for door sills (you wanted me to sit there with a caliper and measure that???? Why didn't you mask them or tell me so I had the option to choose that?), smooth locks that did not stick ...at all), $180.00 for Mirror visor overlays with not enough adhesive on the back...had to get my own.....OH and now lets not forget the hatchback emblem ($85.00) that I had to put Velcro on so I could get it to adhere...

Then you have the nerve to write to me and try to lay all these issues on me like they are my fault...OH HELL NO!!!!!

Then you sent me two additional smooth locks for the doors of my TA. Well, I can tell you that the first ones you sent me were not the correct sizes...door locks and T-Top locks are the same size-ordered those 8 of them 4 in white and 4 in silver. Well I never received 4 of either in the same size. And they were not marked. I had no idea where they were to be placed. Particularly since there should have been 4 of the same size (2 for the doors and 2 for the T-Tops, those loxks are the same size). They did not mimic the size of regular smooth locks. Then post problems you tell me that wrong one put in wrong places. That stille resolved nothing; since, did not have 4 of the same size for locks that are obviously the same size. And that their platform differs from original smooth locks. You need to provide instructions then.. As a vendor that is your responsibility. Minimally, you should label them: doors, t-tops, cigarette lighter, Center point between T-Tops. If the wrong sizes were sent, then trying to determine, by the process of deduction, where the basic 4 for the doors and T-Tops was not even a possibility.

Well, hell damn if you did not get those replacements to me in like 3 days-sure and the design was skewed...and they would NOT STICK. I followed your directions "use lighter fluid." At that point I was completely done with you and your products. So once again I was reduced to using Velcro on all these. At this point I have removed them all and replaced them with real smooth locks that were given to me by Brent Franker.

The second you heard from me that none of those smooth locks would stick, despite multile attempts, you should have replaced them all. No questions asked. The amount of money I have spent with you would dictate I am a fairly good customer. Not to mention the fact you have approached me about under hood designs.

I have found another vendor I am so very happy with and apparently so are a lot of people on LS1.com.

So you know you just go ahead and KEEP MY HARD EARNED MONEY...and YOU WILL NEVER EVER SEE ANOTHER DIME OF IT... I have a new vendor with great merchandise who stands behind their products 100%.

Based on principle you should refund me the above mentioned money ($56.00, $80.00, AND THE $45.00). But, you have no principles...so I do not expect a damned thing...and DO NOT THINK FOR EVEN ONE SECOND I AM HAPPY OR WAS EVER HAPPY WITH ANY OF THIS ORDER.

THIS IS THE LAST I WILL SPEAK OF THIS. YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. YOU RUINED ENOUGH OF MINE WITH ALL THAT CRAP YOU SENT ME. SITTING THERE HUNTING DOWN LOW PLATFORM VELCRO AND ADHESIVES TO MAKE THOSE THINGS WORK...OH SURE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE PEEL AND PRESS...NOT STRESS AND DISTRESS!!!!!!!

Writing this litany has been very theraputic: I HAVE MOVED ON. I have a new vendor who backs up his products 100%.

And you can keep on trying to lay this blame on me all you want; and, write things like I thought, I thought...You know the fact is you never did think. You never ever read my e-mails. That is obvious by your responses.

But, fact is you can talk, talk, talk...as much as you like. I know you love to hear the sound of your own voice. I DO NOT HAVE TO LISTEN!!! This was your responsibility. Your disaster-not mine.
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-15-2009 at 12:05 PM.

red
    1999 Camaro V6

Wow, at one point I was considering ordering something from TSS... You're not the first person who has had bad things to say about TSS. It seems alot of people are unhappy with not only the service, but the products as well. I hope TSS mans up and refunds your money, as they should.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

long ass rant! Sorry to hear about that mess Alpha-Omega

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I just ordered from TS|S and had absolutely no problems. After the order was placed, Jaison called back to confirm my ASC number, I received an e-mail receipt when the payment was processed (I am non-Pay-Pal) and I received my merchandise in the time frame he stated.

I was absolutely thrilled with the quality and workmanship of the pieces I received and will order from TS|S again in the future. How happy am I with my transaction? The "vehicle data sheet" I place on my dash at car shows for all to see states that the custom emblems are from third_shift|studios.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am 6spd NHRA

Impounded
    Thanks for sharing your experience. This has convinced me to shop elsewhere.

Blue
    1999 Camaro Z-28

DAMN! Sorry about your bad luck...that really sucks!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Well in TSS's defense, I'm not seeing alot of "Me too" responses.
    And all paypal refunds (that I've ever had) say partial refund because you don't get the shipping cost back...usually.
    I understand that you wanted your smooth lock covers labeled to where they go, but why couldn't you figure out where they were supposed to go??

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Well in TSS's defense, I'm not seeing alot of "Me too" responses.
    And all paypal refunds (that I've ever had) say partial refund because you don't get the shipping cost back...usually.
    I understand that you wanted your smooth lock covers labeled to where they go, but why couldn't you figure out where they were supposed to go??
    I have a "me too" response, and once I gather my evidence, I will attest to this. I apologize Alpha, as I should have said something sooner. Give me a day to get my chronology I had written down and transfer it here....and I have all my emails and receipts as well. The only thing I should have kept and didn't was my PM's, but I have all the evidence I need on my work email account, and PayPal.

Nothing against you Jaison, but after seeing this I realize it is my responsibility as a member of this site to report bad feedback along with the good.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

IMO, there have been way too many of these type threads. TS/S needs to get his shit in order....

SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

hmm.. Subscribing to this one..

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Ill be watching

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Lighting the chronological fire-facts

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I have a "me too" response, and once I gather my evidence, I will attest to this. I apologize Alpha, as I should have said something sooner. Give me a day to get my chronology I had written down and transfer it here....and I have all my emails and receipts as well. The only thing I should have kept and didn't was my PM's, but I have all the evidence I need on my work email account, and PayPal.

Nothing against you Jaison, but after seeing this I realize it is my responsibility as a member of this site to report bad feedback along with the good.
    Let me be the first to light a chronological fire:

12/24/2009-Marion,
    I am truely ashamed that we could not get you/Justin his stuff in time for Christmas. You've been all too good to us and we have hardly returned the consideration.

3/9/2009-Marion,we'll check on the ashtray cover, but the G8 Emblem was sent in December. Here. PS number: 1Z74X2161350199665

3/12/2009-Marion, did UPS ever contact you.

3/12/2009-Jaison, No they did not contact me.

3/12/2009-Marion,Thanks-i'll cal them and see what's going on.

3/13/2009-Marion, Ok, I called UPS again, they are going to send me a claim report then reimburse us the loss.

3/15/2009-Marion, The ashtray should go out by the end of the month. I'll ask lupe to put a step on it. What form did you receive?

3/18/2009-Jaison, Filled out the UPS paperwork; but, no one from UPS has come to pick it up (as indicated on the paperwork). So going to drop it off at UPS.

3/27/2009-Marion, is this the same form you filled out for them? They haven't been in contact with me for a few weeks now, so i had to call and see what was up. I'm guessing they just don't keep up with their end of things so we forget about it.

3/27/2009-Jaison, Dropped that form off last week with UPS. It was filled out as you asked. Not sure what you mean by forget about it...Can you tell me the status of my 2 items ion that order please.

3/27/2009-Marion, I just wasn't sure why they're asking me to filll out the same form you did...i'll call them again. Your items are still in production though. The Darts take a while b/c they're handfinished from aluminum.

05/8/2009-Jaison,If you do not get me my G8 Emblem and the ashtary cover. I would really like a refund. ASAP-IMMEDIATLY!!!
    I paid 105.00 for those 2 items and I want the items or my money back please.

Additionally, I did install those smooth locks and they do not stick...so I rigged them to work on the car...and yes used 90% electronic grade IPA so no dirt-grease or oil .they all fell off...so to even use them had to use 3M lue and glue them to original smooth locks which I ad to pay out even more money for...

OH and the hatchback emblem…LOL...same issue will not stick at all had to use Velcro to get it on my car...it is on...more money I had to shell out to get it to stick-OH for future reference ULTRA THIN Light Weigh Velcro for low platform install...

OH and the VISOR OVERLAYS...they were beautiful HOWEVER ON ONE OF THEM SOMEONE LEFT OUT A 1" PIECE OF ADHESIVE....SO FOR 90.00 EACH I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THEY WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF ADHESIVE...

So I shelled out more cash to get the correct layer of adhesive on there...

You will be happy to know the emblems for over the grill-RAM AIR AND BIRDS...well they installed without a hitch

FINALLY DOOR SILL LETTERING-WHAT WERE YOU THINKING-SENDING ME FREE LETTERS? YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THEY WERE FREE LETTERS AND I WOULD HAVE TO TRY AND SIT THERE MEASUTING THEM WITH A CLIPER TO GET THEM SPACED PROPERLY...HAD YOU DONE THAT I WOULD HAVE OPTED FOR TAPED LETTERS LIKE NHRATA DID....

ALL I HAVE TO SAY NOW IS GGGGGGGEEEEEZZZZZZEEEEEE

SO I WANT MY ORDER OR MY CASH BACK...THUS FAR I HAVE SAID NOTING ABOUT ANY OF THIS PUBLICALLY...SO FILL MY ORDER PLEASE OR REFUND MY CASH ...and this time please make sure they have enough adhesive and stick...

Cannot tell you how thrilled I was when that smooth lock for the circle between the T-tops fell in my hair was just great great, really great..and it was not more than 20 seconds they fell off the T-Top locks and the outside doors...and anything and everything else I tried to stick them to....

So what my order was just totally shorted on adhesive or what?????

AND I HAVE BEEN SENDING YOU MONEY FROM 10/5/2008 ALL THE WAY THROUGH 11/14/2008 FOR VARIOUS ITEMS...IT IS MAY 10, 2009 THAT IS 7 MONTHS 7 MONTHS 7 MONTHS

5/8/2009 Jaison, I was not threatening to DESTROY YOU REPUTATION...you have mentioned a number of times you do not know why I have not received my items-and that being the case -I really really thought you should know what happened with that order-

When I said public, I meant with my friends like Brent Franker...NHRATA,,,and Justin... I have made Justin back off. He wanted to step in and I told him not to interfere that I would handle this...

Not my style to post negatives on forums. In fact, I defended TSS on LS1, per your solicitation. My first order was fine. Took 4 months to receive but was ok. Additionally, I do not post much...I rad and educate myself so I can work on my car effectively...almost all my interaction on LS1 is PMs with NHRATA...basically 99.99% of it...he gives me great advice...has taught me a lot...I have a great deal of respect and admiration for him. Same goes for Brent Franker...who has made me tons and tons and tons of stuff for may car....

I do a few on Three Word Thread for kicks...but I am not like that...

Thank You for the Partial Refund...that should cover the cost of all the stuff I have bought to get those things installed...Again, I am not trying to ruin anyone...you should know how those things installed...something went very very very wrong there....None of my other stuff was like that; which, is why I reordered from you in the first place.

So am I to assume the other items will be sent????? Ref: statement:

"Marion, Please accept this as a token of my gratitude for not publicly destroying our rep. I don't know why my production guy has taken so long to reship your items."
    I want to a make sure I am getting your meaning: does this mean they will still be shipped?

5/8/2009-Hi Marion, The truth is I turned my back on this so long ago and never inquired for the last month or better b/c I was afraid of the answer. I figured time would tell-and so it did. Not very business like of me, but when I only have 1 source for that particular item (the G8 dart) then I can't really be too pushy with the guy b/c he knows i need him more than he needs me.

You should know he and I don't do much together any longer. My only tie to him is the darts, I have, since early march, found a new production company-they're faster, and more credible they just don't "do" metal. In fact-if you have watched this season of Bullrun, they are Team Solstice =D. If there is something you want remade, i will have them cut it and reship. They are lightning fast with turn arounds b/c they value my customers as much as I do.

I do hope he ships you your desired items-I asked him when other dart orders were going out earlier this week and he said Monday...it's always "later" with him though-ya know? I'm pretty fed up but like i said, i'm just between a rock and a hard place.

6/15/2009-AS OF TODAY NO SATISFATION FROM TSS REGARDING THIS ORDER.

Let the facts speak for themselves. If anyone wants the original e-mail, signed, time stamped, dated, just let me know. That is what the forward key is for.

This post is about facts. It is about defective, poorly manufactured merchandise. This post reveals that this vendor knew he could not deliver an order; yet, strung me along for 2 additional months asserting that merchandise was “in production and would be delivered soon.” This post is about promises to “recut, replace my order; which, has never been done. This post is about revealing a rip-off.

If you read the e-mail trail you can clearly see empty promises, appeasments, outright lies. So rationalize the fact he knew my order would never be fulfilled and admits it 2 months later...GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Additionally, you cannot solicit POSITIVE HELP/FEEDBACK for a GM COMPLAINT...GM CERTIRFIED/LICENSED AM I RIGHT!!!!

AND if TSS does have GM Certification and GM Licensed designs then why do I have no documentation showing this? Gnerally speaking, a GM Licensed distributor/manufacturer will have a License# attached to all the parts distributed/sold.

Well, I may be a rocket scientist, but do not have to be one to see why that would be. And if I had that number I would file a complaint directly with GM.

This is not a personal attack on TSS/Jaison. Jaison is polite (with the exception of trite off the cuff remarks at certain points). All sales-people are polite. That is how they continue/survive.

The business tactics and merchandise recieved are substandard. When so many many many people all over this forum have filed similar complaints that body of evidence speaks loudly/clearly that there is a problem here.

AND I NOW KNOW SO SO SO MUCH MORE....NO WAY...SO can paint it any color you like...it is what it is.

Indeed, this may not have been your experience. It certainly was mine. THIS POST IS ABOUT FACTS. I AM STICKING TO THE FACTS.
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-16-2009 at 08:02 AM.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I didn't read everything...but it sounds like a really complicated situation.

You gotta remember this is one guy, working in his spare time, supporting the 40,000+ members here, along with others elsewhere. I can see how something could slip through the cracks, especially when he has to depend on others, as it appeared to happen here.

i'll admit, jaison is a little slow, but I would gladly sacrifice a little time, in order to work with someone on as personal of a level as we have here. And like I say, hes only 1 man.

Anyway, I'm here to back jaison, hes a great guy who is willing to work out something with you. I've dealt with him a few times and have never had an issue.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I didn't read everything...but it sounds like a really complicated situation.

You gotta remember this is one guy, working in his spare time, supporting the 40,000+ members here, along with others elsewhere. I can see how something could slip through the cracks, especially when he has to depend on others, as it appeared to happen here.

i'll admit, jaison is a little slow, but I would gladly sacrifice a little time, in order to work with someone on as personal of a level as we have here. And like I say, hes only 1 man.

Anyway, I'm here to back jaison, hes a great guy who is willing to work out something with you. I've dealt with him a few times and have never had an issue.
    I think there is more than just 1 guy in the "operation". Either you can get products to customers in a timely manner or you can't. If you can't, maybe you need to re-evaluate your operation. Anything over 3 months is too long to wait. 5 or 7 months wait, I would be requesting a full refund and taking my business some where else.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I meant that I think its pretty much just him running it....im sure others are involved in production and what not.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information