Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

blue
    1998 trans am

GMpartsdirect.com

Has anyone ever bought parts from gmpartsdirect.com that were no good?

Did you recieve costomer satisfaction when you asked for a refund?

blue
    1998 trans am

I have been going "round and round" with GMpartsdirect.com and my local dealer over a $47.73 part.

They would rather swap emails, and make phone calls, bickering over who should stand behind the defective part...

In the mean time, me the customer, gets NO satisfaction...

Been going on for over two weeks, what ever happened to customer satisfaction from GM?

I guess I will just have to "eat-it" as far as my $47.73 goes, I am tired of trying to pry customer satisfaction out of these people...

No wonder GM is sinking...

My wifes toyota dealer goes out of the way when I need anything from them...

blue
    1998 trans am

Well,

Here I am one week later, same story. My local dealer says GMpartsdirect.com should cover my defective part. GMpartdirect.com says my local dealer should cover it.

At no time did either one of them take an interest in me or my car. All they are worried about is the $47.73, I guess?

It really bothers me, that they do not care about the customer.

Black
    1995 Z28

Id have to say it would be GMpartsdirect.com THEY gave you the part THEY should refund/replace the part NOT your local dealership just my opinion

blue
    1998 trans am

Yes,

I tend to side with you dKishton1486, I paid GMpartsdirect.com (FLOW CHEVEROLET, 191 budd blvd, WINSTON-SALEM, NC, 27103) my $ 47.73, and I have a bad part that they will not replace...(but, who am I, what do I know, I am only one customer, I can only assume they will do fine without me)

I do not know if Flow Cheverolet (GMpartsdirect.com) or Fuller Cheverolet (my local dealer) should cover the part, I do know NEITHER one of them seems to CARE enough to do something about it....

GMpartsdirect.com does not answer my emails anymore...

My local dealer (service manager) will not help in the matter (as directed by GM's dealer buiseness center according to him), he will only say to me, "let me know if there is anything ELSE, I can help you with".

The ISSUE that bothers me the most is, my LOCAL SERVICE MANAGER never asked if the car runs OK, he never asked if I want him to order me a replacement part (because the car is going to require one), he never showed any interest in me or my car.

Let this situation serve as direct reflection on GMpartsdirect.com...

I need the name of the department head for customer service at GM, and the address.

Black
    1995 Z28

May I ask what part your replacing? Also my mom works at a GM dealership in Warren Ohio andshes a parts manager I will ask her who should replace it, maybe if I can get away with it maybe she could get you one and replace it with no problem let me talk to her. If you want yuoui ean email me dkishton@neo.rr.com

blue
    1998 trans am

Its the belt tensioner...

If you really want to help me, please ask your Mom for the Name and address of the person who is in charge of customer service at GM? I really want the #1 person in the customer service department, if you can get that info, that would help. Thanks...

General Motors did not become one of the major automobile companies in this great country of ours without taking care of their costumers and standing behind the product they sell...

I am sure once I find the right person, I will get my issue resolved…

blue
    1998 trans am

I called GM customer service (1.800.222.1020), and they said GMpartsdirect.com (Flow Chevrolet, Winston Salem, NC) as the seller, is responsible to cover the part. Not my local Chevrolet dealer. General Motors Corporation in not affiliated with GMpartsdirect.com.

GMpartsdirect.com has been giving me the run-around...

GMpartsdirect.com may be cheaper, but they may not stand behind the product, as in my case...

Buyer beware...

txcosmos
    Good info. I debated buying stuff from them.

Quote Originally Posted by 19691998firebirdtransam
    It really bothers me, that they do not care about the customer.
    Part of the reason that I feel GM is sucking wind right now....I love my car, but I don't feel that GM or the dealer stands behind it like I do.

blue
    1998 trans am

The issue that bothers me is GMPARTSDIRECT.com is a GM dealership, and they burned me for $47.73...

They would rather keep the money, than keep the customer....

Buyer beware...

whie
    98 Z29

I would think gmpd sould replace or refund it, then send it back to wherever they got it from or take the loss. The deal was between you and them...

yellow
    02 Collector Edition TA

It totally depends on the dealership and customer support. My family has a dealership and we have many loyal customers who would never go anywhere else. Many of the customers have gone to the dealership for over 40 years. There are a lot of good dealerships out there along with all the assholeships. Yesterday a loyal customer got his brand new buick lacrosse rearended and driven into the vehicle infront of him. We went out of our way to drive 2 hours and get him and his wife for no charge, then we supplied them with another car to use while theirs was being repaired, and at no charge. Not all dealerships suck.

As to the part though that should be gmpartsdirect.com not your local dealer. All that warrenty work gets put on record at gm as to who and where it was done. Its a system GM has to track warrenty work and shady dealerships.
    Last edited by Bandit02; 02-23-2006 at 04:25 AM.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I had the same exact problem with GMpartsdirect.com! They are quick to sell you something but if it breaks or doesn't work they want to push it off on your local dealership! I went round and round with them and finally said screw it. Never will buy from them again!

blue
    1998 trans am

I need parts for my Trans Am and my Chevy truck, I do not know who to buy from. GMpartsdirect is out of the question, they screwed me once, I will never buy from them again!

My local Chevy dealer could not fix a minor problem that turned out to be a blown fuse on a new truck that is still under warranty. Plus, they wanted nothing to do with the bad part I bought from GMpartsdirect. I will never go back to them as well..

Who sells GM parts and is fair to deal with?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Anybody else with experience purchasing from GMpartsdirect?

I've bought parts from them over the years - speakers, switches, fuse covers, etc., nothing big - never had a problem. I use their site to see what GM "list" is on part numbers too, it's pretty accurate.

Unhappy

Anybod have a phone number for gm partsdirect? I need to actually speak with a human that works for them.

BRIGHT RED
    2002 FIREHAWK

I would say it's gmpartsdirect responsiblity. I've looked for parts for my car and personally found that there parts may be cheaper but they kill you with the shipping cost. Example: The shift boot retaining ring (plastic junk). gmpartsdirect 8 bucks plus 10 dollar shipping (what the *^^$). Gm dealership 12 bucks no outragous shipping cost. Just my opinion.

Junior Member GmPartsDirect.com's Avatar
    I know this thread is an old thread, but I wanted to update everyone about GmPartsDirect.com.

I will agree, our customer service needed an overhaul!!! We have since hired more customer service techs to answer your email request in a timely manor. Please keep in mind that we are closed on the weekends and the emails sent over the weekends are answered on Mondays. We answer every email that comes into our facility and want to try to have every customer happy. If you do not receive a reply with 12-24 hours (that is our posted response time, our goal is within an hour or sooner) of the email being received.

The parts we sell on GmPartsDirect.com are covered under GM's 12 month parts warranty. If this part is in fact bad/defective, you will be able to get the warranty claim processed by a local GM dealers service department nationwide. The dealer's service department will need a copy of the invoice (receipt). Since you purchased the part from a GM dealer (us) any other GM dealer can warrant the part nationwide. You do not have to buy a part from your dealer to have it warranted.

It's no different if you had a new GM vehicle under warranty. If you were on vacation miles away from home and your new GM vehicle broke down you would not have it towed to the dealer you bought it from. You or GM would have it brought to the closest dealer to your location to repair it under warranty.

The same principle applies to the GM parts warranty. We are unable to warrant the part from our location as we have to diagnose the part on the vehicle in question in order to determine that the part is indeed defective, in order for GM to warrant the part and pay the dealer for the defective part.

If you find a lower delivered price at one of our competitors, please email us a screen shot and link to the delivered price and we will try to meet/beat our competitor's delivered price.

Thank you to everyone for the support of GmPartsDirect.com. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Scott, GmPartsDirect.com Manager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information