Silver
    1998 TA Vert

Wanna play with a scammer?

All, this guy has one of the worst scams I've seen in awhile. I've been stringing him along for a little while and thought it would be good fun to have some other guys start in on him as well.

Hello,
    If the car is damaged during shipping, the shipping company will pay for that. If you don't like it, you can return it to me at my own expense. The title is with the car and will be delivered with it. Here's how this deal will successfully go through: after we agree on the purchase, I confirm it with the shipping company. They will inspect the car and the title and seal them both in a shipping container. After that, the shipping company's Financial Department will send you the purchase invoice for the car containing all the information regarding our transaction. The method of payment is Bank Wire Transfer. The container will be on hold until you send the payment for the car, $9,000 to the bank account provided in the invoice. The shipping company is going to hold the payment until the end of the transaction. After they validate your transfer, they will begin shipping. The vehicle will arrive within 7 days at your door, depending on your location. After that, you will have the car at your disposal for another 10 days in which you can test drive and inspect the car. If the car is in the condition I described and you decide to buy the car after the 10 days the shipping company will assist you with registering the car under your name and they will release the payment to me. However, if it's not in the condition I described, you can return the car to me at my own expense and get a full refund from the shipping company within 3 business days.
    If you have already made up your mind about buying the car, then please send me your full name, complete shipping address and phone# so I can get the ball rolling right away.
    Regards,
    Ed

Here's the ad for the car
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=233782883
    CRAP, he removed the ad, so here's this email address ed-kearns43@hotmail.com

Thought it would only be good sport to have several others email this guy and get him spending all of his time answering bogus "buyers". Have fun!
    Last edited by derck_mullin; 11-14-2007 at 03:36 PM. Reason: he removed the ad

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

lol if real not a common thing to do.....but does it sound really that scammish to u?

Mayb im just ignorant lol....I would never buy a car over the internet lol....
    Im an easy target for scammerslol

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

Silver
    1998 TA Vert

Hmmm, not sure what you mean. Needless to say I told him I know some people in London who I could have look at the car. For some reason I haven't heard back from him. Plus the fact he removed the ad. YES, THIS IS DEFINITELY A SCAM.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

locking. has nothing to do with member feedback
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information