Thread: Bad Ebay seller

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Bad Ebay seller

Thought everyone should know the I was "ripped Off" by pro-formtrans also selling under proformtrans.I bought directly from him a Level 5 race transmission to hold 800 hp with a 2 year warranty.When I got the transmission and removed the stock pan the inside of the transmission was full of small pieces of dirt or possible clutch material.The tranmssision had alot of burnt transmssion oil.The filter metal surface had been wire wheeled to look new.The drum was marked up and the only signs of a rebuilt is new clutches.The ebay listing are - #150237394293 - 270231239636 - 150238140976 - 270231238315 - He now won't return my phone calls after agreeing to take the transmisson back.BEWARE

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

No offense, but if you bought from someone who didn't have any feedback, then it kinda seems to be your own fault.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

When I bought he was listed as proformtrans with 179 100% feed back - Thanks anyway

NBM
    99 TA

sux man, i feel sorry for anyone who gets ripped - I usually wont buy anything big ticket on ebay unless it is from an actual business and they are reputable. Even then, used stuff is always a gamble.

Can you file a paypal dispute?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Yea, I'd file a dispute. As long as you didn't install it, you should be fine.

2004,2008 triumph 675 SE

That sucks,why cant people just be honest?

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Thanks guys - I know I made several errors and was justing trying to stop this guy from ripping someone else off here.I talked to the guy 2 differant times on the phone before buying and he talks a good game.I deal with people all day long and considered myself a good judge of people.Just be careful of this guy.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Thanks for posting this up! It's a shame that this happened to you, but at least some good will come of it-everyone that sees this thread will know to stay away from that guy...

Quote Originally Posted by mghawk57 View Post
    Thought everyone should know the I was "ripped Off" by pro-formtrans also selling under proformtrans.I bought directly from him a Level 5 race transmission to hold 800 hp with a 2 year warranty.When I got the transmission and removed the stock pan the inside of the transmission was full of small pieces of dirt or possible clutch material.The tranmssision had alot of burnt transmssion oil.The filter metal surface had been wire wheeled to look new.The drum was marked up and the only signs of a rebuilt is new clutches.The ebay listing are - #150237394293 - 270231239636 - 150238140976 - 270231238315 - He now won't return my phone calls after agreeing to take the transmisson back.BEWARE
    Same happened to ME !!
    Ordered a stage 5 TH400 transmission from his ebay-store
    (pro-formtrans), Dont be foled by the positive feedbacks....
    First of all it took over 2 weeks to get it shipped from his adress (to my forward-shipping company in Miami). (Trans was to be shipped to Sweden wich seller knew).

As the shipping time by boat takes 6weeks, time to file a dispute is not possible and by the time it reached my door it was to late to file a bad feedback as well.

First of all the packing was in a plain cartoon with a thin plasticsurrounding wich was cracked/broken due to no internal protection.
    3 of the outer boltholes on the housing was torn of but still no loose parts in the packing, (He had sent a broken unit).
    Rear-housing was missing and all the holes for cooler and dipstick was not covered. I had local TH400 builder look at it and he told me after we opened the pan that i had got screwed badly.
    Only paint to cover for a claimed renovation.

Tried to communicate with him over ebay messages and he replied that he needed photos of the gearbox so he could file a claim wich i now understand that he will by this way have 2-sales on same crap.
    He told me ship it back for replacement wich he also know it´s impossible due to long distance and taxes etc.
    Phonenumbers are not working as he never replies.

the 1295 usd was like throwing the money away.

WARNING !, do not trust this scammer!.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Sorry about this guy ripping off someone else.I filed a dispute with my Visa credit card and got that money back($1230) the rest was gone(paypal - $220).I kept the old transmission and will have it rebuilt to sell.With me this guy(Jay Seivert) had bought his roomate e-bay account for $50.00 so I was able to go after the e-bay account.The last I talked to the orginal owner of the e-bay account he was going to file criminal charges against his former roomate.I have that guys name and contact I can PM it to you if needed.E-bay needs to make this guy go away.

blue
    2000ss

Sorry to hear about the experience you have had with this guy its unfortunate, I do wish that everyone wether its us or some other would stay with the board sponsors and long term reputable places online. When looking to purchase a trans or anything online its a good idea to do a search on the internet browser and see there real website and do a little reading
    Sorry for your misfortune
    FREE COOLER/SHIPING, NO CORE OR CHARGE,2YR WARRANTY, CUST TRACK VIDEOS click banner 4 website, CALL or text 570-578-5686 7 days a week 9 am till 10 pm.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

I talked to guy guy 3 times - 79/100% rating - AHHHHHH - I JUST GOT TAKEN!!!!!!! - Live and learn

blue
    2000ss

Unfortunately this guys name has shown up several times over the past couple years the end result is always the same, At one time he had a website called transperformance.net where he had copied large portions of ours and others website some parts would even link back to us where there were link in the text. And to others .
    I do truly feel bad for you that this has happened

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

I fell for his BS of how you guys were the bad guys and what you had did to him.I'm sure glad I bought from you after such a bad experiance with him.Your service was"THE BEST" - Thanks

blue
    2000ss

Quote Originally Posted by mghawk57 View Post
    I fell for his BS of how you guys were the bad guys and what you had did to him.I'm sure glad I bought from you after such a bad experiance with him.Your service was"THE BEST" - Thanks
    Thanks and I don't know how he keeps doing it.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Because e-bay allows it!!!

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx go there

The Internet Crime Complaint Center of the FBI will help ya.

or just pay the guy a visit.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

V8MUSCLE - Been there - wrote my story/complaint - I have never heard back from them

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

I had a nightmare from Ebay too but another guy named cristopher caprio. He had good feedback and numerous. He had a website too. Capriomotorsports.net. Apparently he at one time was selling transmissions built by a third party.

He was more like a middle man. you would order the rear with the options and pay for it on Ebay. He would then order the rear end at a lower cost and have the third party ship it to you directly. No problem thus far.

Problems begin when after stopping his relationship with the builder, he was still having auctions and collecting money but without shipping anything. After I paid, his website went down, his phones got disconnected, and he stopped responding to my emails. I was out like $3K.

Luckily, I have LE experience and know what to do. My bank reimbursed me. He was "talked to" by the FBI and local LE. An "unnamed" individual from this site was even able to get me the guy's mom's address. LOL. Boy was he surprised when I called his mom. Turns out he was like 19 or 20yo and thought he would get away with it. I spoke to one other victim.

I was almost out $3K and the other victims were out $3K each! They were not able to get their money back. And that sucks! Thanks to LS1.com we can watch out for idiots like these guys.
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

Thread Information