Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

96lt1z28 ripped me off!!!!!! WTF!!!

This is 96lt1z28's thread that he posted in the "For Sale Section"
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38400
    He claimed that the White Faced Gauges (overlays) were for a 98-02 Camaro. After I purchased and received them, the box said 99-02 Camaro. Then when I looked at the gauges I noticed that it has a 5,700 RPM redline. None of the gauges are the same. The light will not shine through correctly and it will look like crap. I HAVE A 98 CAMARO WITH AN LS1, which has a 6,000 RPM REDLINE. WTF.

This is the box that it came in:

This clearly shows that the redline is at 5,700 RPM:

This is a gauge cluster out of my 97 Camaro.(notice the 5,700 RPM REDLINE!:

This is the gauge cluster in my 98 Camaro.(notice the 6,000 RPM REDLINE!: This is what the overlays were supposed to go on!

Take a good look at this pic and notice that the gas, volts, temp, and oil pres. gauges are all different. If you were to install this overlay on the 98 cluster, you would not be able to see the symbols and what not. It would look like shit.

He refuses to refund my money. He states that there is no way that the overlay is for a 97 because they didn't have digital odometers. I have proven him wrong. I just got to wait to see what Paypal does with the claim.
    WTF
    Don't buy anything off of this guy. He purposly ripped me off!
    WTF
    Last edited by 9t8z28; 01-21-2007 at 08:36 PM.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

while it looks like it's an error from the manufacturer, the best thing to do is return everything back to the rightful owners and relist it with better pictures.

the only real thing i see off is the rpm redline which indicates LT motor redline of 5700 rpms. the check engine light and others just shine through the template. but, i'm not sure of all the placements of the indicator lamps.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Take a good look at this pic and notice that the gas, volts, temp, and oil pres. gauges are all different. If you were to install this overlay on the 98 cluster, you would not be able to see the symbols and what not. It would look like shit.
    the symbols for the oil, temp, volts, etc.. on the 97 cluster are in the same position as the 98 cluster. the manufacturer changed the symbol location on their template for copyright infringment rules. has to have at least a 10% change.
    Last edited by mrr23; 01-21-2007 at 09:05 PM.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Well, for example look at the gas gauge symbol on both. They are in different positions. The light will not be able to shine through.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

it's supposed to block out the old design so you can see the overlayed design. what's in the clear areas are the only things that the light is supposed to come through. now, my guess is the white part is transparant enough to let the SERVICE ENGINE SOON and CHECK GAUGES light to barely pass through at night.

like i said, it seems to be a packaging issue with the manufacturer. i don't think he purposefully intended to rip you off. i do agree that he should refund you back and you send it back.
    Last edited by mrr23; 01-21-2007 at 09:17 PM.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

97 came with either odometer depending on when it was manufactured, I actually made a poll on this site to see how many of each there were, I think 3/4 or so were digital. 97 has two different styles, 98 is it's own, and 99-02 are all the same. I'd put it on and see what it looks like either way, it might not be as bad as you thing

see what paypal says

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    97 came with either odometer depending on when it was manufactured, I actually made a poll on this site to see how many of each there were, I think 3/4 or so were digital. 97 has two different styles, 98 is it's own, and 99-02 are all the same. I'd put it on and see what it looks like either way, it might not be as bad as you thing
    Don't you get it. At night time when the light shins through, there will be dark spots where everything that doesn't line up. When you set it on top of it, nothing lines up. During the daytime it will look fine cause the lights don't come on. WTF

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

And for the record, I was wrong at first, well not entirely, but I called the manufacturer and gave them the part # on the overlay and they told me it was designed for 99-02. Where I was wrong was stating that it was for a 97. APC even said it would look like shit.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

96lt1z28 refuses to contact me or reply from the initial problem. He has made no attempts to resolve or come to a conclusion.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

so, according to APC, the 99-02 have redline rpms of 5700??

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

No, it's for the v-6

green
    1996 z28

A v6 has 150 mph gauge. Good one

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Honestly man, I got know F-in clue why you stated that they were for a 98.
    I don't care wether its for a V-6 or a V-8, its NOT FOR A 98. Why can't you just fess up and say I made a mistake and I will fix it. In the end, you will look like a better man for doing so. Just think of the impact this is going to have on you at LS1.com. I, myself, guarantee everything I have, and I plan to sell on LS1.com. If the customer isn't happy with it, I make it right.
    Thats the way it should be. How would you fell if someone sold you a wrong part. I already know the answer to that. You would want them to make it right!

Look at my iTrader rating. Its excellent. Yours however is at a negative. You should do everything possible to correct this. That negative is showing everyone what kind of person you really are. "Untrustworthy"
    Last edited by 9t8z28; 01-22-2007 at 01:28 PM.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Don't you get it. At night time when the light shins through, there will be dark spots where everything that doesn't line up. When you set it on top of it, nothing lines up. During the daytime it will look fine cause the lights don't come on. WTF
    From what I've found, the 5700 redline is standard in aftermarket overlays, period. You won't get a 6000 redline. Looks like you got trans-am overlays though, they have the location of the gas icon etc in a different location. How about pics from an 00 firehawk, an 00 camaro , and manufacturer websites

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

KageSS has the correct redline on his overlays. Why is that. Like I said its not for a 98 Camaro.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

From what I've found, the 5700 redline is standard in aftermarket overlays, period. You won't get a 6000 redline. Looks like you got trans-am overlays though, they have the location of the gas icon etc in a different location. How about pics from an 00 firehawk, an 00 camaro , and manufacturer websites

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full sizeClick for full size
    That not even the same overlay.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full sizeClick for full size
    The white overlay in your pic is the correct overlay(98). The one I have is for a 99-02.
    Your the one who doesn't get it.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

in all technicality, the product say on the box 99-02. the thread is titled 98-02. the camera pic that was put up isn't he greatest. you can't really see the rpm issue, but can see the gauge symbols.

will it fit, sure. is it exactly what he's was intending it to be, no. in the pics you just put up, the bottom one looks to be the one he's after as it has all the symbols in the correct places just like the factory one. the rpm redline is still and issue, though.

bottom line, even though there was a pic put up, the thread was titled 98-02 and the box clearly says 99-02. man up, refund and then relist with the correct year. it's such a minor mistake.

buy my camaro! 10.8k!! sprung_monkey's Avatar

1993 chevy pickup DD
    1999 camaro ss

the only resolve i see is a refund...........the apc gauges are shitty quality anyway i had a set and threw them out......

Thread Information