Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windscreen's ~

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Windscreen's ~

Anybody have any experience with these gadgets called "windscreens" that suppose to block the wind draft from behind the driver & passenger ?

old,not slow

Ceyenne Red Metalic
    1998 Z28 "vert

Best investment I made for the car. AfterthoughtsAuto (a sponsor here) had them on sale last time I checked. Tell 'em Robert sent ya.

Robert

@#$% You I'm from TEXAS Rojerlockless's Avatar

ASC# 285 Born Oct 26 2001
    2002 Collectors EDTA

pic?

2002 Collectors EDTA

hmm this? looks kinda... dorky

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojerlockless View Post
    hmm this? looks kinda... dorky

Click for full size
    Not at all, for what they do, I think it looks alright.

I Think, Therefore Z-28 Corvettekid82's Avatar

Triple Black
    2001 Z-28 Vert

Love my windstop.. Got it from afterthoughts auto too. I do all highway driving and this thing has been worth every penny. I'll post up the pics I have. Best part about it is that it lays down flat as well so its not always sticking up when you dont want it.

Red
    1999 Z-28 convertible

The windscreen will allow you to extend the top down season. I am in NC and this addition allows us to ride when the temperture is less than 50 degrees.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

what does it do? ive never seen one before this, it looks cool
    mo

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ToKiC IROC View Post
    what does it do? ive never seen one before this, it looks cool
    At high speeds (over 50) wind rushes in towards the windshield causing turbulence, it cuts down this wind and noise, very well made, works great too, a must have for vert owners..if you notice, your high end euro cars come with these, your bimmers, etc.

Last edited by 99'CajunFirehawk157; 03-30-2008 at 12:56 PM.
    Regards,
    Todd

#cajunhotrodder on instagram

black
    1987 chevy camaro

thanks

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE/PE

So did you order the windscreen yet ???

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

camaro6662 that is a beautifal car - nice job

After reading this thread I am really interested in the windscreen. My kids ride in the back seat all the time, so how well does it work with back seat use?

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE/PE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSS1 View Post
    camaro6662 that is a beautifal car - nice job

After reading this thread I am really interested in the windscreen. My kids ride in the back seat all the time, so how well does it work with back seat use?
    You will have to remove it. Takes about 30 seconds to do and it has a storage bag it comes with..

Bright Red

FWIW-I found the best deal on these thru eBay...in fact, I bought a spare one from the seller and its sitting in my garage for future use.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Thanks for the tip, just picked up one last night for $110 shipped on ebay, brand new. Great deal.

My vert is getting dusty in the garage during cold weather... so maybe this will extend the season a bit

Quote Originally Posted by camaro6662 View Post
    You will have to remove it. Takes about 30 seconds to do and it has a storage bag it comes with..
    In other words,,,,,while in use it renders the back seat useless,,,may as well buy a corvette.

I hate to be the rotten apple but this is a horrible looking addition,,,,and makes no sense to me. I cruise the highway all the time at 70+ mph without issues of wind hitting the back of my head,,,and wife never complains either,,,,,it's the people in the back seat that will get beat to death with wind,,,not the front seat,,,,lol.

I haul family around in mine with the top down all the time,,,,so this idea wouldn't work. This reminds me of the people you see driving around with the top down and all the windows rolled up,,,,lol,,,,why buy a convertable? These type of people belong in a T-top car,,,common.

My thought is,,,,if you don't like the wind, and are afraid of messing up your dew,,,put a hat on,,or if it's too cold for you,,,,why not just press the button and put the top back up

Bright Red

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    In other words,,,,,while in use it renders the back seat useless,,,may as well buy a corvette.

I hate to be the rotten apple but this is a horrible looking addition,,,,and makes no sense to me. I cruise the highway all the time at 70+ mph without issues of wind hitting the back of my head,,,and wife never complains either,,,,,it's the people in the back seat that will get beat to death with wind,,,not the front seat,,,,lol.

I haul family around in mine with the top down all the time,,,,so this idea wouldn't work. This reminds me of the people you see driving around with the top down and all the windows rolled up,,,,lol,,,,why buy a convertable? These type of people belong in a T-top car,,,common.

My thought is,,,,if you don't like the wind, and are afraid of messing up your dew,,,put a hat on,,or if it's too cold for you,,,,why not just press the button and put the top back up

Like they say Bro; to each their own....

2002 Collectors EDTA

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post

Thats kinda how I feel too, But If ya like it go 4 it.
    and yeah my dad's mercadies came with this mod.

Ya I have seen quite a few of the foreign cars with this stuff,,,porche etc....but the ones I have seen were already 2 seater cars to begin with so you don't loose any capacity really.

I just prefer to keep things simple,,,,if it's too cold, put top up,,,,too windy,,,put top up,,,if either all the time,,,maybe a T-top car would have been a better option

Not to mention the "fun" factor of having to deal with installing, removing this all the time,,,kinda reminds me of the cover for the top when it's down,,,I never use that silly thing,,,because my top is never down long enough (weeks at a time) to warrant sticking it on there. I never park it with the top down anywhere. I don't want anything I have to keep removing to put the top up.

You're right though,,,everyone has a preference.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Talking

Yeah , it's a pain. Takes all of 30 seconds to remove & store. I don't remove mine though. I just fold it down when the little lady's not ridin with me. Besides , now I can just through all my shit in the back seat & not have to worry about any of it blowin out at speed. Plus it really does keep the heat in when ridin in cold weather with the top down and you don't have to turn the stereo up when drivin over 75 MPH & carry-on a normal conversation.
    Besides, who gives a fuck what you think !
    Last edited by Z ROADSTER; 12-26-2007 at 01:28 PM.

Thread Information