Thread: Power loss

Red
    2001 Trans Am

Power loss

I just bought my 2001 Trans Am Vert A4 a little over a month ago. The dealer i bought the car from put new tires on the car but they really suck(pep boys economy special). So i do burnouts once in a while because im gonna put a nice new set of tires on it. They used to be very easy to do but lately they have gotten harder and harder to do. Today i tried and couldnt even do it. What could be causing this. I always make sure the top is up and traction control is off.

Lots of things. Do you notice any loss in power or just that you can't do burn outs? Type and age of pavement plays a roll, so does whether you are completely straight or making a slight turn. Do you have people in your car? From a dead stop, slight roll, etc... I have an M6 so I can't really comment on your A4 but my 95z28 was an A4 and there would be times when I'd hit and it would just take off other times it would lay a 100ft burn out.

maroon
    00 trans am

when was the last time the car had a tune up?

Red
    2001 Trans Am

Its always just me in the car. I dont know, sometimes i get on it and i really move, and sometimes i get on it and it wont pull as hard. Not only the burnouts. I just bought the car about a month ago and i doubt that it has ever been tuned up. it only has 50k miles on it. I work in a parts store so i have access to whatever i want. Its just i was looking for some ideas for this, or if this is a common problem. What plugs and wires do you guys run in your cars?

Red
    2000 Z28 Camaro M6

Theres sumthing wrong with ur car

If you have a shop with diagnostic equipment where you work have a mechanic hook it up and tell you exactly what is wrong with it. I doubt it's plugs or wires they are usually not intermittent problems. It really could be lots of things sensors, electrical, fuel related, etc... You could change out the plugs, wires and fuel filter and hope for the best. If I were you I'd spend a few bucks up front and have the problem diagnosed for you then buy the parts needed and fix it yourself. I've done it before and it's almost always cheaper then just replacing stuff and hoping process of elimination works.

Thread Information