PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Unhappy How dumb is this

Anybody else forget & try to close the top with the plastic cover in place ? Kinda makes that terrible cracking noise doesn't it . Done it twice now . Need a light to remind me !

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

you can always wire a switch that is hidden and "ON" whenever the plastic is on, by installing it just behind the windows... where the side plastics go inside the little hole... a switch can be bought for $1 and splice the line to the top motor... so it only activates when you have nothing inside the hole.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

or you can have it just turn on a light that will be just beside your switch.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Very good idea ! There's always somebody somewhere out there with an answer to most questions .
    Thanks.

You could always turn around and look to see if the boot is still on

LOL,,,my boot has never been out of the bag, just don't care to use it. But I could see where it may slip the mind. Doesn't sound like a good situation.

Funny stuff there WS6DUDE,,,lol.

pewter
    00 TA m6 vert

never used my boot... its a pain to take on an off. I sold it on ebay for $270 and put the $$ towards headers

Quote Originally Posted by DOCJHH45 View Post
    never used my boot... its a pain to take on an off. I sold it on ebay for $270 and put the $$ towards headers
    Good move,,,,I also thought it was a pain,,,,not to mention I never have the top down long enough to warrant installing it. I always put the top up when I park the car anyway,,,sometimes 2-3 times when running errands.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    Anybody else forget & try to close the top with the plastic cover in place ? Kinda makes that terrible cracking noise doesn't it . Done it twice now . Need a light to remind me !
    Don't feel so bad. Since installing my 4-post lift at my new house, I've bent two antennas on my cars. First time i drove my '68 Cutlass under the lifted 'bird, I discovered the hard way that the antenna was too tall. After ordering and installing a retractable antenna so I could park the Olds on top, bent the antenna on the T/A parking it underneath w/ the radio on. Fortunately the T/A antenna wasn't permanently damaged (still goes up & down OK), but I added a big sign on my lift so its right in front of my face when I pull underneath to LOWER ANTENNA!

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    Don't feel so bad. Since installing my 4-post lift at my new house, I've bent two antennas on my cars. First time i drove my '68 Cutlass under the lifted 'bird, I discovered the hard way that the antenna was too tall. After ordering and installing a retractable antenna so I could park the Olds on top, bent the antenna on the T/A parking it underneath w/ the radio on. Fortunately the T/A antenna wasn't permanently damaged (still goes up & down OK), but I added a big sign on my lift so its right in front of my face when I pull underneath to LOWER ANTENNA!
    Man I've been there too. My other house in Ohio required you to have the hood shut too when raising the vehicle or it would hit the ceiling, don't ask how I found that out. Ouch.
    Then to add insult to injury, the lift has electric release locks so the lift would raise another 6 inches before coming down, I'd have to get the ladder out and climb up there first.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    no... but i've seen some numb nut try to put his top down doing 65-70 on the PA turnpike... *RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIP!!!*

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Talking Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    no... but i've seen some numb nut try to put his top down doing 65-70 on the PA turnpike... *RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIP!!!*
    Wish I could have been there.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Thread Information