mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

Drove a Mustang Vert today

I Drove a 92 stang LX 5.0 vert today,+ the amount of wind noise,both from air leaking around the windows + just the air noise thru the canvas(there is no liner just 1 layer of canvas) is unreal,+ i was only doing around 40 or so.+ it was on a 50k mi car. i havn't had my camaro vert too long + have only put a few miles on it but, but what a diff, The roof frame also was so loose + shaky (Noisy) in the stang,I realized that car would only be good strictly for top down driving, it would drive me crazy the rest of the time. The cowl shake was also quite noticable + it had a after market strut tower to cowl brace to try to fix that. I had one a few years back but either didn't relize how bad that was,or just didn't drive much with the top up,(Mine also had the strut tower brace + frame connecters though) I just dont remember it being so bad. Either way, Want to see how good your vert top set up is? drive an early fox body stang.AND I love them at least the hard tops,The car was an awesome color (calypso green) + in great shape but all that top noise turned me right off.It is 15 years old now + i'm sure the newer ones must be better but, It really makes me apreciate my maro vert tat much more.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i love my vert

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

The last year Fox body in 2004 was really decent for the convertible as surprisingly Ford made improvements so late in the game, before the new 2005 models. The 2004 Mustang was very quiet compared to those earlier years, and you are quite right about our F-bodies as they were light years ahead in the vert game. No comparison at all until '04. I have no idea on the new models but I would hope they are decent.

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

I figured in 94 they must have gotten better,with the new body style, then the 85-93 roofs, + i'm sure the 2005 + up are MUCH better,but i was just surprised how bad the 92 was compared to my 98 maro,not rally a fair comparison though.

Thread Information