iTrader

RSP
    97 SC300 Turbo

Smile RARE Turbo lexus for C5 6-speed.....

I have a 97 Lexus SC300 Turbo, What makes this car rare? well the color is called "Royal sapphire pearl" or RSP for short, it was only available in 1997 and 1998 and also only on the Toyota Supra and Lexus SC300/400. There were 56 RSP SC300's made in 1997, out of those most had 2 tone black and tan interior and only a select few had all black like mine does. This car is one of only 15 RSP/Black SC300's Produced (verified by Lexus corporate headquarters)

The car is very clean and tastefully modded with quality parts, Its adult owned and not beat on because its my daily driver so its gets driven regularly and well maintained (averages 25-28mpg) Milage is approx 167K which is nothing on this motor (my last one has over 260K and still going strong) Right now its only running low boost (4-5psi) until i get it tuned, it will make 325-350rwhp @ around 9-10psi on the stock injectors and with larger injectors and a thicker headgasket its capable of 450-500rwhp. In case you aren't familiar with it, this car is basically a supra using the same drivetrain,suspension,etc... the only difference is that its more comfortable to drive and isnt such a dude magnet.

Im not really desperate to get rid of it because ive got a lot of time/money and effort in this car and i could never replace it, however ive always wanted a C5 so i figure id throw it out there and see what happens.

$15K obo or trade??

WHAT IM LOOKING FOR.....
    Id like a straight trade for a C5 with manual tranny,working A/C,black interior and a targa top, i am flexible on the targa and interior if the right car comes along though, mods are ok depending on what they are as the car must be able to be driven daily without major issues and i would expect it to be clean and in decent condition like mine is (no projects or bad paint/body) and have a clean title NO SALVAGE!!

If you do not like my car please keep your opinion to yourself.

Mods.

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN:

Boostwerx.com turbo kit...

Precision T-61 Turbo

Dave H manifold (header wrapped)

Dave H down pipe/mid pipe (header wrapped)

Tial 38mm waste gate

Manual boost controller

Custom oil lines

Universal FMIC/piping

HKS SSQV blow off valve

Custom 3" exhaust

APEXi N1 muffler

AEM F/IC

TT Supra fuel pump

Token solutions o2 sim

Prosport "stepper" Boost gauge

Generic red air filter (will change soon)

WHEELS/SUSPENSION:

OEM Chrome Supra TT rims with 245/40/17 F and 255/40/17 R

Wesden smooth chrome center caps

MKIV Supra 36 way adjustable D2 RS coilovers

BRAKES:

LS400 front calipers (powder coated red)

TT Supra rear calipers (powder coated red)

Slotted rotors x 4

New master cylinder/booster

(braided lines coming soon)

LIGHTING:

5000K 35w HID low beam

3000k 35w HID fog lights

MTEC 65w Halogen high beams

12 LED tag light (custom made by me)

I.C.E.

Pioneer DEH-p7700mp head unit

Pioneer Sirius Tuner

Custom factory amp bypass

1.5 farad capacitor

JL Audio 250/1 amp.

12" Kicker comp vr in custom box

MISC.

Supra TT spare (to clear brakes)

20% tint sides and rear

35% tint windshield

Probably other stuff i cant remember right now.....

Here is a vid of the car running/driving....... I was only around 50-60% throttle to show how it sounds etc.... like i said i dont beat on it.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...NAT_702210.htm

Pics. (some before the recently added boost)

Last edited by IRACEMYCOPCAR; 10-01-2009 at 09:28 PM.

iTrader

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Is the bottom end/ head stock?

iTrader

RSP
    97 SC300 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Is the bottom end/ head stock?
    Yep sure is, no need to modify since the 2jz is one of the best built stock motors ever made, im sure you have seen some of the stock block Supra's with 800-1000whp so with a thicker TT headgasket it will take more HP than this turbo is capable of making.

COTM July '09
    iTrader
    1 (100%)

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

That's a nice car man, glws/glst ... another set of wheels and it'll be perfect!

iTrader

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by IRACEMYCOPCAR View Post
    Yep sure is, no need to modify since the 2jz is one of the best built stock motors ever made, im sure you have seen some of the stock block Supra's with 800-1000whp so with a thicker TT headgasket it will take more HP than this turbo is capable of making.
    Yes but the 2JZGTE in the supra TT was made for boost with a 8.5 to comp ratio and the internals were made out of a different alloy. The 2JZGE(notice no T) in the N/A sc300 and is300 were a 10.2 comp ratio. Ik alot of supra guys as i owned a 500+whp 87 supra and all the guys i know with turbo sc300s and is300s making alot of power do a bottom end swap out of a factory boosted 2jz. Atleast this is my understanding

Car looks super clean, good luck
    Last edited by Zinergy; 09-23-2009 at 09:03 AM.

iTrader

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

nice car

iTrader

RSP
    97 SC300 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes but the 2JZGTE in the supra TT was made for boost with a 8.5 to comp ratio and the internals were made out of a different alloy. The 2JZGE(notice no T) in the N/A sc300 and is300 were a 10.2 comp ratio. Ik alot of supra guys as i owned a 500+whp 87 supra and all the guys i know with turbo sc300s and is300s making alot of power do a bottom end swap out of a factory boosted 2jz.

Car looks super clean, good luck
    Yes there are some minor differences which i know all too well since ive owned 2 SC300's,1 GS300 and 2 Turbo Supra's before..., in the bottom end the crank and rods are the same (except VVTi motors have weaker rods in 98+ cars), only the pistons are different (higher compression) and the GE doesn't have oil squirters. The heads are slightly different and have different cams etc.. and a distributor instead of coil on plug. (except VVTI)
    Im not claiming the stock GE will hold as much as the GTE due to these differences however the GE has been proven to easily hold 500+whp without issues if the correct (thicker) headgasket is used to lower the compression which will pretty much max out the turbo on the car.
    I built this to be a quick reliable daily driven street car, and i think 450+ whp (with injectors and HG) is plenty for a car you can drive to wal mart with the a/c on and still drive down the interstate like stock... Like i said i did a lot of research before i boosted it and it made sense to go NA-T for my power goal. If i wanted to build a 1000hp monster i would have gone a different direction, that wasn't my goal so the GTE swap was just overkill, for 500hp or less NA-T is the best way to go and if you want 500+ then GTE swap is better IMO. (although dave h has a built NA-T with 1100+whp so it can be done if you desire)

Thanks for all the compliments...... I understand this is a domestic forum and most guys here are not into imports but ive owned 7 fox body mustangs,a 99 cobra, 96 T/A and many other cars so im not biased one way or the other. I just appreciate many different cars.
    Last edited by IRACEMYCOPCAR; 09-23-2009 at 09:41 AM.

iTrader

RSP
    97 SC300 Turbo

Someone make me a reasonable offer..............

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar
    iTrader

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Awesome car. 2JZ(NO SH!T) GTE's are WELL capable of handling 1000 HP on the bottom end...STOCK. Your car looks like the 25th Anniversary MkIV Supras. Nice Job.

Thread Information