iTrader

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

Help! Looking to sell my '00 SS

I've had her for 11 years and I'm ready to move on to the next thing, but I wanted to ask you guys first how I should go about this. To preface, she needs some minor repairs (ASR doesn't work, driver-side window occasionally doesn't work, driver side has rip in the seat, could probably use some new carpet, a paint job on the front, bulbs in the dash, etc... nothing really mechanical, just what I would consider to be "bothersome" stuff). Here are my current options:

1) Sell it as is with the CCW SP550 wheels I purchased two years ago.
    2) Sell it as is with the original wheels; sell CCWs separately
    3) Fix it up, sell with CCWs
    4) Fix it up, sell with original wheels

What do you guys think? She's been driven very little the past three years (literally less than 1,000 miles), as my initial intent was to clean her up and have her strictly as a weekend driver. I didn't know which selling option would yield a greater return (especially when it came to the rims situation), which is why I ask. Here's some info:

2000 SS #3,553
    6-speed
    T-tops
    Fully loaded
    170k miles
    Trans Am-style hood
    Ebony interior
    CME exhaust tips/Flowmaster cat-back exhaust
    CCW SP550 wheels/Nitto tires

Other than that, no real changes so she's fairly stock. Don't clown me too much, guys

P.S. - How do I include pictures in this post? The "Insert Image" icon isn't allowing me to upload photos.
    Last edited by GungHoPopsicle; 03-03-2016 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Adding pictures

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Moved you thread to the Vehicle for sale section.

Gonna also need to list a price.

Use Photobucket and capture the URL and post the link in your post, there is a IMAGE button that helps

iTrader

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Moved you thread to the Vehicle for sale section.

Gonna also need to list a price.

Use Photobucket and capture the URL and post the link in your post, there is a IMAGE button that helps
    Ok, thanks for the help. Btw, I'm not selling my car on the forum, just asking for advice on how to actually go about selling it, if that makes any difference.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Navy Blue Metallic

Oh sorry looked like it was for sale here too.
    Driver side window - most likely needs a new motor. For the Passenger side window can be fixed for $38 and an hour of time. Look up Autotrix window fix.
    Dash Bulbs - quick fix, takes about 30 mins to do. Remove the lower dash plates, next remove the plastic dash that covers the cluster, now there are 4x 7mm bolts that hold the cluster in. Remove them and then gently pull on the cluster. It has a hard dock connection once it's off you'll need to tilt and maybe turn it to get it out, also tilt the steering wheel as far down as it can go to make it easier.
    Wheels - depends on the buyer.
    Carpet - Full set goes for around $290

You biggest hit is the seat. It's not a cheap fix.

iTrader

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Oh sorry looked like it was for sale here too.
    Driver side window - most likely needs a new motor. For the Passenger side window can be fixed for $38 and an hour of time. Look up Autotrix window fix.
    Dash Bulbs - quick fix, takes about 30 mins to do. Remove the lower dash plates, next remove the plastic dash that covers the cluster, now there are 4x 7mm bolts that hold the cluster in. Remove them and then gently pull on the cluster. It has a hard dock connection once it's off you'll need to tilt and maybe turn it to get it out, also tilt the steering wheel as far down as it can go to make it easier.
    Wheels - depends on the buyer.
    Carpet - Full set goes for around $290

You biggest hit is the seat. It's not a cheap fix.
    - Driver side window motor has been replaced, so maybe it's a switch? When it works it works great, otherwise it doesn't work at all.
    - Any tips on bulbs behind the buttons on the steering wheel? Are they easily removed? Haven't tried out of fear of breaking them.
    - The driver side windshield wiper transmission has been replaced, but where the spindle is there's some sort of washer/bolt combo that's missing which is integral to the wiper arm working. No idea where to find these. Suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback! Debating if I want to do these things or just sell the car to someone who will. Definitely ready to get into my next ride, and one that will get more TLC than I was able to offer as a 20-year old just struggling to make ends meet.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Navy Blue Metallic

If you leave it for the next guy you'll take a $$ hit. Gotta weigh the cost of fixing it or not.

Dash cluster bulbs they are easy, they twist out and are a wedge type bulb.

Now the steering wheel are a expensive PITA to switch. Honestly not worth the effort unless the controls are broken.

Thread Information