iTrader
    5 (100%)

SOM
    2002 SOM Z28

FEELER: 02 SOM Z28 Race Car

Ok here is the deal, I am debating on whether or not to sell this car, I have the chance to purchase a house and I am weighing in racing this year or getting a house......I really don't want to sell it nor do I even have to but I figured it would free up some cash flow. I am the 3rd owner, the car has never been in any accidents, and has 74,xxx miles on it. I just purchased it from a friend about 3-4 months ago, I got temp tags for it and they expired so it just sits in the garage on the trailer. There is a lein on the car and that will have to be paid off before the car is released or atleast before you can title it. I have the loan through a federal credit union and they are very good at releasing the title as I have had several other auto loans through them. Now I will give you a list of everything that has been done to the car. Keep in mind I did intend for this car to be an all out race car but yet the tuned for weekend cruising. I ran strictly CAM2 when using nitrous and a CAM2/93 mix when not racing.

-2002 Somerset Orange Z28, 35th anniversary, limited edition color

Engine:
    -Forged 347 short block, 11.1 compression

-Stage 3 fully P/P, stock casting 853 heads, upgraded springs, retainers

-Comp G5X cam

-Edelbrock 1 3/4 stepped to 1 5/8, to 3 1/2 inch collectors, the car will come with a true duals exhaust system that is 3inch that dumps into a pair of edelbrock mufflers. For the track I have a set of mini race mufflers and a set of 3 1/2 inch flowmaster turndowns.

-60lb injectors "is what HPTuners is saying they are"

-ASP Underdrive Pulley

-Wilson 90mm Intake

-TPIS 90mm TB

-Hidden dry shot of nitrous w/150, 175, 200 jets

-Carbon Fiber lid, K&N filter

-Smooth Bellow

Drivetrain:

-Coan TH400 w/RMVB

-TCI 3800 Nitrous Converter

-Transbrake

-Car has B&M ratchet shifter, but will come with a brand new B&M Pro Stick.

-Moser 12 bolt w/4.10 gears

-Full spool

Suspension:

-Brand new Chromoly subframe connectors only weight 7lbs together!!! Welded in, and poweder coated black.

-Spohn adjustable LCA's

-BMR rear drag bar

-Spohn torque arm w/drive shaft safety loop

-BMR K-member

-QA1 adjustable front shockes w/drag springs

-Strange adjustable rear drag shocks

-Wheels are Weld 5 stars powder coated black flake, rears are 15x12 with good tread left! I also have a set of black painted stock ZR-1's that I will also include they need new tires.

That is all I can think of right now, I know there is some more stuff I am forgetting but let me tell you about the inside of the car and what is left as far as the interior goes.

The car has been just about completely stripped out with the exception of the air bags, and heater coil. I have taken out the A/C, power steering, and all the A/C lines. I DO NOT have them anymore as I ave sold them, the ABS, and traction control box has been removed, no front or rear bumper supports. No leather seats, interior panels, but I do still have the carpet.

I did still plan on replacing the steering wheel with a grant wheel with the GM quick release HUB. The car also has a welded in 5 point cage, and a JAZ racing seat with custom made brackets, and a 5-point quick release harness. I also have a 1998 metal gas tank as I was going to dry sump it for a new fuel system that I am including.

If you have any questions at all please email me at HodgesZ28@aol.com or just PM me. I would like to ask $15,000.00 but I am open to offers. The car can be driven and heard at any time! There is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all, and come the 1st week in March I am willing to take it to the track to prove its capabilities.

iTrader
    5 (100%)

SOM
    2002 SOM Z28

iTrader
    5 (100%)

SOM
    2002 SOM Z28

Forgot to mention car has been a 10.51 @ 127mph with a 1.44 60' with old set-up.(226 cam) with new set-up made 510 rwhp on the dyno. 70 hp gain from 226 cam. havent been able to race it yet. should go high to mid 9's. Car has way more in it even in the heat. Can deliver the car.
    Eat Pussy Till Your Jaw Breaks.....

Sex at age 90 is like shooting pool with a rope......

Yea shes bone stock, that whistling is the AC belt slipping.......

iTrader
    5 (100%)

SOM
    2002 SOM Z28

The console and everything goes back on just fine, I just havent done that yet......new price is $13,000.00

iTrader
    5 (100%)

SOM
    2002 SOM Z28

Hm, what is it about the car that I haven't gotten any interest? The stripped interior? Mods? Price? If you live in MD I can get it inspected for you!

iTrader

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgesz28 View Post
    Hm, what is it about the car that I haven't gotten any interest? The stripped interior? Mods? Price? If you live in MD I can get it inspected for you!
    I doubt it has anything do with with the car or the price........but more so of the economy in general. People are buckling down a little more it seems, and buying a race car is off the table for a lot of folks. Not to mention it's still winter.

If I had room, I'd seriously consider it since so much is done already.

Good luck on the sale of a fast car!

iTrader
    5 (100%)

SOM
    2002 SOM Z28

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    I doubt it has anything do with with the car or the price........but more so of the economy in general. People are buckling down a little more it seems, and buying a race car is off the table for a lot of folks. Not to mention it's still winter.

If I had room, I'd seriously consider it since so much is done already.

Good luck on the sale of a fast car!

Thanks!

Thread Information