6 Speed / Spice Red
    iTrader

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Ebay Motors Info and Advice Requested.

My car's been listed here for about a week and in Auto Trader for a couple weeks. I've not gotten any nibbles.

I see some of you have used Ebay Motors. I tried that once last year with my wife's truck, no interest at all. Anyone had any experience selling, positive or negative there?

Anyone looking - past or present - would you go to Ebay to buy?

Thanks,
    Tom 06 GTO
    Spice Red 6 Speed 18" Wheels

Used to Be... Tom 02 Z28 - 6/01 to 8/06
    My 02 Z28 - Sold 8/27/06

Used to Be... Tom 99 SS - Gathering 3 & 4 Days
    My 99 SS - Still on Sal's Website

iTrader
    I have had my GTO on autotrader & here for about a month & a half now. I have got a few hits on autotrader, infact someone is coming to look at it tomorrow night! Finally! I am also trying to sell my mom's 04 Volvo S80 & have had no bites on it as well. I was thinkin' about Ebay, what are the costs involved in that?
    2008 Lincoln MKZ - AWD
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Wifes car
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Sold
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6 - Sold

6 Speed / Spice Red
    iTrader

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Not sure on eBay. I think around $50 or so. I didn't see much bidding on the 01 and 02 Camaros they had listed, so I'm not encouraged.

The Orlando Sentinel puts it in their paper and online for 2 weeks for $68 for 5 lines, so I went with that. (We've rented our homes that way and get plenty of hits... always rent in 2-3 weeks. Cars are different, I know, but we'll see how it goes).

I think I'll keep trying until 8/22. That's when my temp / demo tag expires

(They offer those here in Florida for $5 for 30 days, but for demo purposes only, i.e. trying to sell, test drives, etc. I think they will renew 1 time, 60 days total).

After that, I think I'll just bring it up to Car Max and take what they offer, within reason. I don't want to take a big hit on it, but every day it sits on my driveway, it costs me insurance and interest.

iTrader

Green
    1969 Pontiac Firebird 350

Have you ever tried Craig's list??? Craig's list is sooooooooooo popular right now. Cars on there go by soooooo fast, plus it's free.

6 Speed / Spice Red
    iTrader

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 69firebird350 View Post
    Have you ever tried Craig's list??? Craig's list is sooooooooooo popular right now. Cars on there go by soooooo fast, plus it's free.
    I'll check it out. Can you point me? Thanks.

I found this... http://sfbay.craigslist.org/car/ Is this it? It looks like just for SF Bay area? Don't see anyone coming all the way to Florida for a car. Or do they have one for Florida?

Thanks for the help, though.
    Last edited by Tom 06 GTO; 08-07-2006 at 09:42 AM. Reason: PS

iTrader

Silver
    Just go to Craigslist.org. On the right hand side you will see all 50 states. Click on yours and then it will offer diff locations in the state. Choose what fits you and then post an ad.

extxdpscamaro
    Alright I can help out with any questions that you might have with eBay. The cost per passenger vehicle is $40 to list and $40 when it sells. I've bought all of my cars in the past 4 years off of eBay and it's been great, well depending on the seller. I just bought an expedition from a guy that misrepresented the item but I'm protected and I'm getting my deposit back. If anyone has any questions about eBay let me know. I work in the eBay Motors division and will give you any listing techniques advice that I can. Thanks and good luck selling your car on eBay or Craigslist!

6 Speed / Spice Red
    iTrader

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Matt, Didn't see that part on the right. Thanks much! You're the man.

extx, Thanks for the info and advice. I have it in the Auto Trader and Orlando Sentinel plus several places online. I'd imagine if someone's looking, they'd find it. But, I may give eBay a try.

Thread Information