iTrader

silver
    2001 trans am ws6

2001 trans am ws-6 with mods but needs attention

2001 pontiac trans am ws-6. silver or pewter...

i am asking 6,000.00 and cannot take less. even this is taking a loss. owe 9.5k on the car... its a long story.

a list of known mods...

1. slp intake lid
    2. slp mass air
    3. smooth bellows
    4. professional products power + intake
    5. professional power throttle body
    6. upgraded fuel rails
    7. custom aluminum radiator, overflow, and 2 speed electric fan
    8. slp line lock
    9. battery relocated to rear drivers side
    10. oil filter located next to radiator on drivers side
    11. strut tower brace
    12. 2 inch lowering kit
    13. back seat eliminator kit
    14. upgraded rear sway bar and some polyurethane bushings
    15. alpine stereo, dual amp, infinity subs (unsure if any of it works as i havent tried it yet)
    16. corvette zo6 rims with like new nexen 3000 tires
    17. upgraded drilled and slotted rotors front and back
    18. a triple a-pillar gauge pod with blacked out glow shift gauges (oil temp, oil pressure, and fuel pressure)
    19. stage 2 mad dog transmission
    20. custom taller bright polished aluminum valve covers
    21. gun safe
    22. tick polluter cam
    23. brand new delphi automotive i.a.c.
    24. full length headers that go right to 3 inch pipe and dump about 2 inches from the ground right in front of the rear axle. (its loud) no cats, no mufflers, no resonators... no nothing. just headers into straight pipes and down.

and some other things im pretty sure i forgot.

problems?
    1. doesnt want to idle right. im told its because of the tune. (the main problem im selling it)
    2. theres a short in the electrical system that drains the battery dead in two days (number 2 reason)
    3. theres a small oil leak. dont know where its from as i cant crawl under the car
    4. the a.c. isnt hooked up
    5. both rear quarters and the front nose lower are could use a tiny bit of filler (small dents about the size of a nickle) and a respray. body is in overall good condition but the paint could use some help. looks like someone used rattle can paint on the rear quarters. doesnt look bad but doesnt look good.
    6. found some of the speaker wires cut
    7. as with the mods im sure theres more i dont know about. i have it 3 weeks and started it twice. drove it about 10 miles.
    8. the brakes are a little funny. im thinking its cam related? line lock related? or im just not used to that kind of car....

if you buy it by this friday i will throw in 2 brand spanking new slp loudmouth II mufflers, 2 hooker turn downs, and 4 walker sleeve style clamps. it also comes with most of the original stuff (steering wheel and airbag, springs, motor mounts, fuse covers, sun visors, and some other items), some extra motor mounts, the haynes manual (which is no help), a book on how to rebuild ls motors, paperwork from the previous owner and whatever else i can dig up.

i really want to get rid of this thing. i can start it up so you can hear it run but would rather not risk taking it out on the road and getting a ticket for open headers.

080812480.jpg picture by Magres - Photobucket

080812473.jpg picture by Magres - Photobucket

080812486.jpg picture by Magres - Photobucket

080812483.jpg picture by Magres - Photobucket

update as of monday august 27th. put in the new iac yesterday and took it out for a run. had a few problems and shut it down for the night. tried it again today and it appears to be relearning all the parameters the more i drive it. the idle problem may work itself out. i will be putting more parts on the car and adjusting the price as needed. while i am still entertaining offers on the car and am willing to sell it i am by no means desperate. thanks for looking.
    Last edited by MagRes50Cal; 08-27-2012 at 04:43 PM.

iTrader

silver
    2001 trans am ws6

too late to edit so ill just post a quick reply.

after jacking the car up enough where i could crawl my big arse under it (has a 2 inch drop) today to install the slp loudmouth II mufflers and hooker turn downs i noticed:

1. it has an "x" pipe installed in the exhaust system
    2. the rear shocks have a dial on the bottom of them for adjustment (kyb agx adjustable gas shocks.) did not look at the fronts

last night i ordered a new k&n filter, msd 8.5 mm spark plug wires, and a delphi mass air (as im told the slps are junk.) these mods should be installed by the weekend. the cost of the parts, my time/labor (although im only a faa certified aircraft mechanic and not an ase certified auto mechanic), and on recommendation from other members on the forum i am raising the asking price to $7,000.00.

i will also be sending the litte black box in to frost for a tune shortly. after that is completed it too will be reflected in the price.

i will also be taking a new batch of pictures soon that will capture the car from more angles and give some clue as to the condition of the paint and body.

thanks.

iTrader

silver
    2001 trans am ws6

havent had the time or the money to do anything with this car. either the starter or a wire went out late in the driving season last year so its been sitting in the garage since then. im dropping the price to $5k. nothings changed since the original post except the fact it wont start right now. someone please buy this thing and get it out of my life. you could probably part it out and make your money back.

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Please note that pictures are required in our "For Sale" threads. Please add a few pics - you can upload them to a site like Photobucket and then copy and paste the [IMG] code into your post on here. Thank you.

iTrader

silver
    2001 trans am ws6

They're in the original post? I clicked the links last night and it took me to them on photo bucket.

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

My bad -- you have links rather than pics. I didn't read the entire post as I am not currently shopping for anything. All is good!

Thread Information