Thread: 2000 Ss/slp

iTrader

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

2000 Ss/slp

I could only fit 5 photos. If you would like more or want higher quality I can E-mail them directly to you. The digital photos that I have are high enough resolution that you can zoom in on the door handle and still have it perfectly clear.

iTrader

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

2000 SS/SLP Camaro.
    I am out of room to store vehicles and can
    No longer house or give this car the time it deserves
    My price is $13,000 witch is more than reasonable
    Please do not mistake this as an SS, Z-28, RS, Or Coup
    This car is NOT in KBB
    You will need to find a collector car periodical
    If you want something like KBB book price.
    I am also starting a business and need quick money!!!!!!!
    100% no rust on anything anywhere on the car including underneeth.
    SLP Letter of authenticity (Must have to be true SLP car!)
    SLP Bilstein shocks (5k mi)
    SLP Hurst Shifter
    SLP Edelbrock Springs (Did NOT lower, it will actually hurt handling)
    SLP Loud Mouth Exhaust
    SLP Intake
    SLP Skip Shift Eliminator
    SLP Graphics Package
    SLP Strut Tower Brace
    SLP Chrome Exhaust tips
    SLP SS Grill insert
    SLP Letter of authenticity
    LS6 Intake Manifold
    Custom Built T-56 6spd Manual (Good to 750hp & 750Ft/Lbs)
    Only Use GM Synchromesh Manual transmission fluid Every 30K mi.
    With Carbon Fiber Block out rings, Improved shift forks, Bronze shift forks pads, MonoCre (Type of micro polish) Metal finishing on all internals, Dodge Viper Out put shaft, Built By RPM Transmissions. (10k Miles since new)
    In-Dash DVD/CD/MP3
    XM Satellite Radio
    6 2-Way Clarion Speakers
    Diamond Sub W/Amp
    Shift Light
    Hyper-Flex Full Urethane Body Bushings
    Edelbrock Sub-Frame Connectors
    Hand Held Power Programmer & Diagnostic Unit
    Only Use Mobil 1 Premium Oil every 3K mi.
    Only Use Premium Oil Filter with Cheek Valve for anti-Drain Back
    Only Use Premium Gas
    Only Use Premium Coolant W/Wetter-Water Every 30K
    High performance Alternator
    New BFG G-Force KDWS Tiers all around
    17Inch rims
    Wide 275 Tiers all around
    Upgraded sway bars
    Upgraded Tie rod ends (Inner and outer)
    Upgraded Window motors (Bad original design 1998-2002 they will all break with . out upgrade)
    Operational Ram Air
    Throttle-Body Coolant Bypass
    Only Use Premium Fuel Filter every 30K
    Only Use Premium Royal Purple Rear-end Gear Oil Every 30K
    T-Tops
    Leather: Black
    White With large Black SLP Stripes
    All Power
    Tinted Rear window for privacy
    New Wipers
    All New Lights
    Street Heat Cross Drilled Rotors.
    Premium Performance Ceramic Break Pads
    New Font Calipers
    New Font Caliper Cradles
    Replaced Rear Break hoses (4k Miles ago)
    Light Weight Fly-Wheel (10k Miles since new)
    Center-Force Centrifugal Dual Friction Clutch (10k Miles since new)
    Corvette Clutch Slave cylinder (10k Miles since new)
    Premium Performance Throw Out Bearing (10k Miles since new)
    Premium Plugs (1k Miles since new)
    Crane Premium Plug Wires (1k Miles since new)
    HID Fog Lights
    Garage Kept
    Meticulously Maintained
    I have many photos! I can E-mail. Please no dreamers. I have wasted far to much time already with people who cant afford a car let alone a nice car.
    My price is non-negotiable. This car is in to the 17k+ price range (Yes with this many miles) (87k). I need money very quickly. Please do NOT call if you think you can get additional money taken off of the price. What I am asking is MORE than reasonable and is a great deal from any stand point.
    Dent in rear quarter panel. Can be fixed for additional $250 buy EXTREMELY good professional. There are a lot of Camaro’s, there are even a good number of SS’s. There are very few true SLP cars (You MUST have the certificate to be a true SLP car) Yes this will smoke any factory Mustang ever made. This includes the new Shelby and the new Rousch. Believe me I have done it with ease and am willing to demonstrate for the sale of the car. (No it is not the driver, the drive does not mean shit unless he can’t drive very well) a drag race comes down to 2 things, A)the car B) reaction time. Nothing else!!!!!!! This car will do well in a drag race but it is much better suited for a road curse with exceptional handling.
    My cell phone is broken again and I am weighting for the idiots at the phone company to send me another one (again!!!!) you will have to call me at my office
    412-348-3001
    I work long hours.
    Monday- Tuesday 7:am to 7m
    Wed, Thu, Fri 8:am till 7m or later
    I normally put my phone on do not disturb after 5m so if you call after that point leave a message I am probably still there. I will call you back.
    Ryan S. Gilson
    412-330-9367
    You can also E-mail Me:
    rg@gilsoneng.com Please use the heading Camaro. I want to make sure I don’t mistake you E-mail for junk mail.

iTrader

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

Oh, my cell phone is fixed. You can call me @412-330-9367
    I would prefer a local sale. This car is not for the faint of hart and I want the buyer to drive it and make sure this is what he wants. I also don't want the complication of an out of state transaction or an extended drive. I would possibly have time over Memorial Day weekend coming up but would like to avoid it if at all possible. I really need a drunken camping trip right now!

iTrader

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

Just wanted to give it a bump for the weekend. This is the only place I am advertising. I don't want to park the car outside anywhere with a for sale sign on it.

iTrader

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

You guys have got to be kidding me? This in one of the faster cars on here for sale. I am not asking more than what is worth like everyone else that has a low mile / paint job / 2002 car. I am asking well below what is worth and I might venture to say that it is nicer and it is certainly more collectable as there were only 615 made. dose not one want my car? 2 weeks ago I had to turn people away when I thought it was going to be sold, now nothing?

iTrader
    If only you were closer.

iTrader
    5 (100%)

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Dude it's been 6 days, calm the hell down. You cant possibly expect people to just rape your PM box with offers after only 6 days...Its a nice car, give it time.

iTrader

White Diamond
    1999 STS

I dont undestand the difference between your car (SLP car) and an SS. please explain if you dont mind.

iTrader

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

Most people get bolt on aftermarket SLP options. This car is Factory SLP. It came with all the SLP options as a new vehicle and is counted as original equipment.

iTrader

White Diamond
    1999 STS

Isnt that the same as a factory SS?
    The reason I am confused is that your description above said "Please do not mistake this as an SS". That leads me to believe that this is different than an SS. Please explain

iTrader

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

An SS is not necessarily an SLP. It was that case at one time. I think between 1996-1998 but don't quote me on it. An SS is simply an appearance package. You get the 17" rims, a fancy spoiler, and a ram air hood. The same as the WS6. Everyone thinks that it is something different internally (Not the case) there are different levels of SLP. SLP gives you: Hurst shifter, SLP Billistine shocks, Edelbrach Springs, Loud mouth exhaust, Air box lid, better breaks, strut tower brace, and additional appearance (stripes) No I Have heard a lot of rumors of what is and want is not available as factory SLP option. Per the folks @ SLP I am told that the long tube headers, Quad exhaust, and Performance packs were not available factory do to emissions concerns they were only available aftermarket. As with anything else all of these parts are also available as aftermarket. A lot of people will get a coupe of these things then try to claim there car as an SLP. These people are the scum of the earth. The big confusion comes from the fact that there is no way of identifying a true SLP form a Clone. There is no designator in the VIN as they all started life as an SS. The only way that I am familiar with is the letter of authenticity directly from SLP. Now there is a lot on the subjects in different books which happen to disagree with one another. What I have found to be a constant is that there was about 615 made they were only made in the Canadian plant. It has never been a big deal to me so I never fully researched it, just picked up tidbits as I went along. I am sure that there is someone on this web sight that knows it better than myself, (I would love to find out the definitive answer) To add to the confusion the guy that had it before me also did a few things to the car. So I can't just go off of how the car was when I got it. I think it is a little clearer with Trans Ams. They have the WS6 = SS Camaro / SLP Firehawk = SLP Camaro. I hope that helps and I did not make a confusing thing even more confusing. The big problem is that there were not very many of them made so it was relatively not worth anyone keeping track of. Until recently most people have ever even heard of an SLP camaro. People are intentionally blurring the line to get more money out of there SS or some times even a Z-28. They say hey look what his other Camaro sold for. Then they clame that they are one in the same when they are not. They are able to get away with it because it is a little known version of the camaro. Innocently my understanding is that there were no more SLP's after 2001. That would mean anyone claiming to have a 2002 SLP is full of shit. Well good luck, the end answer is that you will have to find some one who knows it better than I do. The biggest fact to know is that SLP (Street Leagal Preformance) Is a separate company from GM. They take SSs and WS6s and tweak them out. An SS is just simply a car that came off the assembly line at GM.

iTrader

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

Well I'm out of here for a bit. I will be gone until Wednesday. If anyone wants to reach me they can get me on my cell 412-330-9367. If not I will respond when I return. Thanks,

iTrader

White Diamond
    1999 STS

I greatly appreciate the explanation. Now I understand what you mean. Im kinda interested in this car. I have to look over my financial situation. If I can get a decent financing, I may buy this off you soon.
    -Mike

iTrader

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

Sorry guys, some jackass stole the car out of my garage when I was on vacation in Florida. They wrecked it on the McKee’s Rocks Bridge here in Pittsburgh. They left a 300+ foot bur-out before hitting the wall and a construction van (they never hit the breaks, at least it went out in a blaze of glory) They fled the scene. The real shitty part is that I canceled the insurance on the car because it was still in storage from the winter. MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!
    Once the cops are done with there investigation I will try to poast some photos of what is left. There is not much there, I can't beleve the fuckers walked away and then got away form the cops. It was a BAD wreck!!!

iTrader

red
    2000 ss

worse life sorry man i feel for ya

iTrader

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

Get a load of this. I just got off the phone with my lawyer. She said that the uninsured / underinsured motorest claus in my insurance on my other car will acutly cover the Camaro because it was in storrage in my garage. How cool is that. For once the insurace company will actulay do some sort of good. We will just have to see if they give me an appropriate value for the car. The problem is that the blue book on an SS is 12k. There is no Blue book on an SLP or for a modified vehical. We will just have to see what they do as far as value is concerned. Then I have to see how much the lawyer is actualy going to cost. It looks like things could have been a hell of a lot worse. Take it easy guys and keep the rubber side down!

Thread Information