iTrader

black
    00 formula ws6

Thumbs up 2000 Firebird Formula WS6, 1 owner, 165k miles

Hello all

Just did my yearly check in on the WS6 section, got a diesel truck now, I've had the Formula since it was new, a few minor and traditional issues, nothing big. Have every bit of new-car propaganda stuff that came with it, front seats covered since day 4, rear seats always down and never used. Have no idea what I want for it, reasonable offers will be considered but don't "craigslist" me please... here is my other post, feel free to ask any questions, car is in California, was my daily driver until last summer, a/c is good, replaced cats and sensors a few years ago, check engine light on, last time I just cleaned the MAF to get rid of it, turn signals out, checked fuse it was ok so I don't know, paint needs to be buffed out, no accidents, tires good F-1's like stock, biffed the driver's side door edge in a car wash a few years ago, not big. overall about a 7-8 on a 10. Still fast as heck, auto, a speaker is out, the cd player looks like it needs attention, still got the plastic front plate cover, the hood is airbrushed, man that was expensive but worth it. easygoing owner, not looking to make a killing on the car, must go to a responsible person, hardly ever used the T-tops, the car just needs to be cleaned up and the usual suspects issues fixed, all minor. Not many of these left, got record of the build someplace, had to travel hundreds of miles back and forth to get this particular car. It is very reliable or it has been, registered every year, always seems to have the check engine light on just before registration is due, so I fix it, get the registration, within months the light comes on again haha, I will fix that before any sale. Please no craigslist type folks... tire kickers, bullshitters, no money fantasizers, low ballers, cranksters, no picking the car apart and then offering me your grandpa's camper shell, you know what I mean. good luck and with the right karma you will get a super car that needs only a little attention, I drive it like it is. Replaced 4 spark plugs on the "easy" side, the other 4 are still original. Can't believe they still work fine after all these miles. My truck is my daily driver now, so after 20 years it needs to go to a young guy who will love it and not wreck it. I don't have much in the way of pictures except for the hood, but it is stock, no mods to motor or body, etc. Your wife or girlfriend will love it, your parents will be apprehensive, it has whooped every towel-racked rear spoiler, 4 door, coffee can exhaust asian import whose owners brag about their turbos, etc. and can whoop just about everything else too, but those kind of engagements were far and few between and I think it would have tough time horsepower-wise with the newer model supercar generation. It is not a 700 horsepower Hellcat but it is a good honest 320 hp car that will go 150-160 mph and do the quarter in about 14-15 seconds. fastest I ever had it was about 120, really is an adult owned and driven car, not thrashed or beat up like many. Put a blower on it and you can become king of the wastelands hahah or just drive it as it is, very fast but not abused, it will scare the hell out of your passengers and maybe you .... thanks... mike thor

iTrader

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

and price.

iTrader

black
    00 formula ws6

I have not yet the cord that connects my phone to the computer for pictures, but it is typical for a firebird of being 20 years old... the paint needs to be buffed out, the hood is in great shape with about 12 coats of clear on it to protect the bird, no body damage or dents except for a door edge ouch that happened in the car wash, never wrecked or repainted, no clear coat peeling except for the wheels, the wheels need attention, have a spare console for it, every parcel of factory propaganda and things that come with a car when you buy it new, down to the selling dealer's keyfob with the name on it, everything. I will put on pictures as soon as I get to "the city" to buy a data transfer cord. Price? make me an offer or an interesting non-vehicle trade. I am also thinking of just making a barn find out of it, drive it back into the shop, die, the car gets forgotton except for a relative or two, re-discovered, cleaned up and sells for 40k. in 2040 . Just not that interested on selling it but would if the situation is right. It's just than I am 65 now and I think the car should be owned and driven by a younger person.

iTrader

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Please Less= and more=:

iTrader

black
    00 formula ws6

the car

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    Please Less= and more=:
    most like the blah, most hate surprises when they buy a car, so I blah about it so no dissapointments. I am withdrawing the car for sale but if someone else has an interesting trade I would consider it. my phone is broke but I got a digital camera that works, but safe to say it is typical of a car with its miles, not a thrashed piece of junk and described well enough already here. I still have to fix the check engine light and turn signals but just have not been interested enough to do it. it has the typical off- warranty usual problems... a headlight that has it's own soul, neither power window works, a speaker is out. Replaced cats and the rear axle, seats like new, tons of dealer propaganda. just needs a buffing of the paint, it does not need to be repainted. hint... when somebody says their car has a new paint job, sometimes that means they biffed the car pretty good and had to have a paint job, some scratches need to be fixed, I think the left side spark plugs or the maf screen in dirty again, either may be responsible for the check engine light for a rough idle at times, small door edge ouch from a car wash, left side spark plugs could use to be replaced as 165k miles has had them do their job, nothing big, easy fixes from sources here. thanks all... mike

btw, if your car runs roughly, always clean your maf screen first. it is a very easy thing to do, just make sure you use the CRC maf cleaner only, also I have a factory 2002 propaganda booklet for anyone who has a 2002 but not the little book or magazine-sized information. as far as money goes, just make me an offer or an interesting trade. I am not jumping up and down to either fix the minor problems or sell it. please no aggressive or smart-ass type A personalities, I will not sell it to anybody with poor manners... thanks... btw, it has been under a carport for about a year since I got my truck, so it is very dusty and I will fix all of it's issues first if you want it like that but I would rather just let it go. thanks... mike

iTrader

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

How much do you want for the propaganda booklet for a 2002 Firebird? A picture of the cover would be nice.
    2002 Firebird Formula - 5.7 Liter - "Last of the Breed"

iTrader

black
    00 formula ws6

2002 factory propaganda

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    How much do you want for the propaganda booklet for a 2002 Firebird? A picture of the cover would be nice.
    You can have it for nothing, I see that you got a 2002 so you will like it. just pm me with your address. I'll take care of the postage. I have included a picture of the cover, not the best pic but should give you an idea. You already know not to buy into that "ram air" business. I don't see how they got away with it. but anyways... good luck or continued luck with your 2002.

mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0001.jpg  

iTrader

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by ws66sw View Post
    You can have it for nothing, I see that you got a 2002 so you will like it. just pm me with your address. I'll take care of the postage. I have included a picture of the cover, not the best pic but should give you an idea. You already know not to buy into that "ram air" business. I don't see how they got away with it. but anyways... good luck or continued luck with your 2002.

mike
    Thanks for the offer but I don't need one.

Thread Information