iTrader

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Firebird Formula

2000 Firebird Formula NBM 6-speed - $3500 - SOLD!

I am sad to sell my Firebird, but it is sitting around, and I would rather see it go to someone who can appreciate it more.

It is a 2000 Firebird Formula, LS1 V8, 6-speed, in Navy Blue Metallic, with Charcoal Cloth interior.
    -179,000 miles.
    -VIN: 2G2FV22G5Y2128257

It is a non-traction control, non t-top car. It has the Monsoon system with CD-player, but not the cd-changer. Everything in the car works, though the speakers are getting worn out. The interior is in pretty good shape for the mileage that has been put on the car. Whoever owned it previously kept it pretty clean. The tint on the back window needs to be removed/replaced.

The body is in pretty good shape. I have tried to take pictures to point out its flaws. The hood has a ding in the middle. The paint is worn below the gas filler door from dripping gas/hanging gas cap. There is a deep scratch above the gas filler door. There is a scratch on the passenger door. The left headlight door needs to be adjusted, as it is hitting the bumper and has surface rust on the front edge. The driver's door handle has been replaced and painted with touch-up paint, but is not very noticeable unless up close.

The most annoying thing to me is the driver's door. The lower hinge bushing has worn out, and it hangs sometimes. The paint has been worn off of the lower front edge of the door, but at least there isn't any rust due to the material the door is made of. The driver's door window motor has been replaced, but the passenger window motor beginning to get slow now.

The engine runs very well and still pulls very strongly. The alternator has been replaced within the past year, and one of the power steering hoses was replaced. Brake pads were replaced in 2009, but I have put maybe 3000 miles on the car since then. After having a noisy catalytic convertor replaced, the replacement (a used one, by a shop I will not return to again) has started throwing a check engine light intermittently. I have not noticed any difference in fuel mileage (typically around 18-19) and it doesn't make noise.

The transmission shifts well, the only issue I have is that sometimes if I do not shift firmly and do not immediately engage the clutch, the transmission will jump out of third, so that when I do engage the clutch I am back in neutral. It doesn't occur very often, and I have no other problems when driving the car.

I have had this car since either September of 2009, and I started out driving it daily, but missed driving my truck. It has been parked since September last year when the tags ran out, though I start it up every weekend and drive a mile or two around the backroads just to keep the fuel system un-gunked. As I said, I want to see it go to someone who can appreciate it, especially being an unmolested Formula. If you have any questions, or would like to see a better picture of something, please feel free to ask.

This car has a clean title, and I am asking $3500 OBO. I AM OPEN TO NEGOTIATION, SO PLEASE DO NOT BE AFRAID TO MAKE AN OFFER. Thanks for looking! Pictures can been seen at http://s816.photobucket.com/albums/z...ird%20Formula/

This is a picture I took last summer, the ding in the hood is really hard to see, but it's there.
    Last edited by acrylicophobia; 02-02-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Car has been sold!

iTrader
    7 (100%)
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I sent you a PM...please send me your number, I am very interested in the car!
    2002 SUNSET ORANGE METALLIC WS6 #8497
    1996 ARTIC WHITE TRANS AM WS6
    1987 BRIGHT RED FORMULA 350
    1978 Trans Am SE

iTrader

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Firebird Formula

Car has been sold!

Thread Information