iTrader
    1993 Mazda RX7

1993 Mazda RX7 w/ New LS6 T-56 - LOW MILES, CLEAN

I realize I have no posts on this forum, but I have all positive feedback on other forums. I could provide references if you are serious about buying.

Hi everybody. What I have for sale is not your usual LSx swapped RX7. What sets this car apart is LOW chassis miles (under 62k) and a brand new crate motor LS6 (same 405hp motor as in the C5 Z06 Corvette) with ~2,000 miles on it, a super clean interior, a BRAND NEW clutch, and a clean record/title. I've put in alot of care to properly build up a car that can be reliably daily driven without issue, and to correct the weaknesses of the FD chassis and LSx motor swap. You wouldn't be able to see many of the mods such as the upgraded diff bushings (to cure wheel hop), the upgraded trailing arms and toe rods, the fuel surge cover (FD's suffer from fuel starvation in sharp corning with less than 1/2 tank of fuel), the Improved Racing LSx oil pan baffle w/ trap doors (to cure oil starvation issues on the track), the TurnOne power steering pump (to improve steering feedback at speed), and many other small things that most people wouldn't bother with. My OCD is your gain, lol. The body and interior are in good condition, no rust. The paint (factory Vintage Red) has held up very well, however in the interests of full disclosure, the rear bumper has some clear coat peel, and there is a scratch on the passenger side door. This car has a clean carfax and has not been in any accidents that I know of.

This car has no hiccups or driving problems. It is complete and ready to go as is. The new motor has been broken in properly. It idles and revs perfectly, it has no cooling issues, no leaks, and the transmission is solid with no grinds. Factory speedometer, tachometer, and fuel level gauge work accurately. You could drive this car to work/school/across country with no issue and still tear it up on a track. I had it properly corner weighted and aligned by Convenience Car Care in Manassas (fun fact: this car weighs literally 2800lbs). It responds like a racecar when you want it to but is still docile enough for daily commuting/cruising. The exhaust is louder than a stock corvette, but it is not "LOUD" at all. You can easily carry on a normal conversation with the window down, but at full throttle it definitely sounds like a V8 (though still not as loud as you may expect). It has a valid VA state inspection, and it should pass a sniffer test as it has 2 cats.

The car does not have A/C, however it can be installed as I do have the compresser and hard lines. Also, it does not come with the Volks or SP1 wheels pictured below. It will be sold with the stock wheels. I believe the tires are 245/40 Bridgestone Potenza's.

VIN: JM1FD3316P0206776

Engine/Drivetrain:

1993 Mazda RX-7 (base) ~62k original miles on odometer
    LS6 crate motor bought new (405hp C5 ZO6 engine) ~2000 miles
    Tuned with SCT power flash by EB3 Motorsports in Chantilly
    T-56 6-speed transmission from 02 Camaro Z28 ~35k miles
    Custom Cold Air Intake w/ K&N filter
    Custom True Dual Exhaust - dual high flow cats, H-pipe, magnaflow mufflers
    Improved Racing Trap Door Oil Pan Baffle http://www.improvedracing.com/produc...ba9f00b39ef76d
    Hyperion Fuel Tank Surge Cover
    Turn One Power Steering Pump http://www.turnone-steering.com/ls1.html
    Hinson Supercars Mounting Equipment: Subframe, Torque Arm, Aluminum Driveshaft
    Hinson Racing Radiator and dual electric fans w/ adjustable thermo switch
    Samberg Bumpsteer Correction kit
    Monster Stage 2 Clutch w/ 18lb lightened flywheel (installed less than 1,000 miles ago) and new GM slave cylinder http://www.monsterclutch.com/level2clutch.html
    Pro 5.0 Shifter w/ Steeda Tri-Ax Handle
    3.90 JDM rear diff w/ Torsen LSD

Suspension:
    Tein Super Street coilovers (less than 5,000 miles since install) - properly corner weighted and adjusted
    Nylon Diff Bushings http://rx7.com/store/rx7/fddrivetrai...html#diffmount
    Solid Aluminium Trailing Arms and Toe Rods http://www.rotaryextreme.com/rod.html

Electronics:
    Optima Yellowtop Drycell battery relocated to passenger side rear bin (Hinson battery relocation kit)
    Defi D Series Water Temp and Oil Pressure Gauges in Center Speaker Dual 52mm Gauge Pod
    Dakota Digital SGI-I Speedometer Correction Unit
    SCT X3 Power Flash hand held unit
    Alpine Headunit (it's old, nothing special)

Asking Price: $25,000

Located in Springfield, VA. I am selling because I'm trying to finish up school and continuing to own/build this car just isn't practical at the moment. I originally intended on keeping this car forever (hence why I spared no expense on many little things), but that's life. As I stated before, this is not your usual high-mileage half-finished project with a dozen "loose ends" to tie up. Nor is it a stripped out hardcore racer. It was planned around being a car that you could use on the track and still comfortably drive to work reliably for the next 100,000 miles or more. The car feels like it was built from the factory with the LS6 in it! Contact me via pm for any inquiries, or send me your email address. Thanks for looking!

The first 2 pictures are recent, the last 4 pictures are over a year old and were taken by the previous owner. However the condition of the car is virtually unchanged since then. I will take more recent pictures when I get the chance.

iTrader
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Bump!

iTrader
    1993 Mazda RX7

Price is negotiable, open to all reasonable offers!

iTrader
    Cool car, bump for ya.

Just curious, what's the deal with 241 heads on an LS6 crate motor???

iTrader
    1993 Mazda RX7

Car is sold.

Thread Information