Old LS1.com member bluethunder2's Avatar
    iTrader

NBM
    1999 Trans AM

1981 Pro-Street Camaro Sell or Trade

I have a 1981 Pro-Street Camaro with a fresh Forged 402 BBC, TCI 350 tranny, TCI 9.5" 3200 stall, 3.73 gears, ladder bars, and wheelie bars.

This car is a multiple car show award winner. It is not "World of Wheels" award winning quality though.

It has been driven from Slidell, LA to New Orleans multiple times at highway speeds without any problems, and went from Slidell to Biloxi, MS and back in stop and go "Cruisin' the Coast" traffic, in the rain without any problems.

The cars flaws can be seen in the pics.

The wife woke me up last night to tell me the car has to go. She had a dream that my son lost control of the car and drove it into some trees. So, will sell for $10,000 obo, or trade for nice 4th gen F-body, Fox body, or something interesting. I do not have any money to throw in with a trade.

http://s352.photobucket.com/albums/r...range%20crush/

iTrader

NBM
    1999 Trans AM

To The Top

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    2011 Prius

Good lord, that is sexy... I am tempted, fuck do I need this? Probably kill my self in this... I have a soft spot for 2nd gens... Is that an original dash, can it be daily driven, I am a moron?!?!?

iTrader

blue
    1998 camaro z28

ummm want a 84 with a 350swap?

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    2011 Prius

PS: If I decide I am insane enough, I was going to trade my Corvette. If I can mustard up a daily in the month, but I would surely drive this while it's dry.

But mean time, how many MPg's does it get? How reliable is it, how's the frame of the car? Title, hows that?

I am not expecting the MPg's to be great, mind you.

iTrader

NBM
    1999 Trans AM

No thanks to the '84.

The frame of the car is excellent. The car is extremely straight, and I have only found a couple of bubbles where rust might be trying to form. They can be seen in the photos.

It is an original dash that is in the car. However, the dash is cracked and needs replaced. It has a cover on it now, so most people don't notice it. The gauges being mounted to the top of the dash don't help with the cracks either. The gauge cluster in the dash need replaced. OEM replacements can be bought for about $100. I just haven't gotten to it yet. I know that 3,000 rpms is 60 mph, so I just drive it by the tach. The car is good and reliable, but not recommended to be a daily driver by any means. It is a 10:1 compression big block. It doesn't like to be turned off and restarted when it gets hot (like all gm big blocks), it only gets about 10 mpg as well. I might be interested in a trade for your vette, however if you're planning on driving this car to and from work everyday, I would say this is not the car for you. If you're still interested, shoot me some photos and give me some info on your car. (svtwhitesnake@yahoo.com)

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder2 View Post
    No thanks to the '84.

The frame of the car is excellent. The car is extremely straight, and I have only found a couple of bubbles where rust might be trying to form. They can be seen in the photos.

It is an original dash that is in the car. However, the dash is cracked and needs replaced. It has a cover on it now, so most people don't notice it. The gauges being mounted to the top of the dash don't help with the cracks either. The gauge cluster in the dash need replaced. OEM replacements can be bought for about $100. I just haven't gotten to it yet. I know that 3,000 rpms is 60 mph, so I just drive it by the tach. The car is good and reliable, but not recommended to be a daily driver by any means. It is a 10:1 compression big block. It doesn't like to be turned off and restarted when it gets hot (like all gm big blocks), it only gets about 10 mpg as well. I might be interested in a trade for your vette, however if you're planning on driving this car to and from work everyday, I would say this is not the car for you. If you're still interested, shoot me some photos and give me some info on your car. (svtwhitesnake@yahoo.com)
    Alright, I will send you some info on my car. I see some cheap daily's I can get for $1,000 in Jan.

iTrader

NBM
    1999 Trans AM

Deciding not to get rid of the car. Thanks for the interest.

Thread Information