Thread: Z28 Help Please

purple
    1996 camaro z28

Z28 Help Please

hey whats up i got problem i got a 96 camaro i brought with a stroker motor built but not installed. i installed it and hooked everything up. there was no knock sensor so i put one in. also the crank sensor and plug was missing so i installed a new plug and put the sensor in and its displaying codes i believe their p0135 and p0136 dont have them off hand. but they have to do with the crank sensor. the crank sensor plug wires i believe are correct the middle one was correct and when the code came up i switched the outter wires that i wasnt sure of to see if that would work but they still come on. the car starts but in order to u must have the throttle open all the way and its hard to start after the first time it turns on. when the car is running it wont idle and u gotta open and close the throttle in order to keep it on. when u try to turn it on again it backfires. the plugs look to be burning well. so ANY suggestions would GREATLY be appreciated!!!!!!!!!! thanks .....

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Backfires could be a sign that the wires are mixed up and not attachted to the correct cylinder plug.

purple
    1996 camaro z28

re;

i checked them a few times they are correct but when it is running it doesnt backfire only when im cranking it over. When i play with the throttle it will stay on but othet\rwise will shut off and then when i try to turn her back on its VERY hard to!!! i been trying different things but nothing i dont know what else to try. and them are the only codes comming up!! thanx 4 the help. hope to get her running soon i put a lot of time in her lately

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

maybe they didn't install the optispark on time

purple
    1996 camaro z28

would that be causing those problems??

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I would think so, there are people here that know for sure though, they'll probably be in sometime soon

purple
    1996 camaro z28

thanx hopefully i can figure it out cause i tried every thing and i cant wait to see it run how its suppose to!!!! i guess il try that 2morrow unless some one knows different. thanx for the advice its appreciated very much

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    maybe they didn't install the optispark on time
    That is a possibility, actually. I had to replace my opti on my last Z, and the new case had a small crack in it and it ran fine for about 10 miles, but then it suddenly died. It took my about 20 minutes of cranking the engine to start it up, then it idled at 3500 rpm's. It was weird. But when you install an opti, it runs off the cam, and if its installed at the wrong angle, that could cause a problem.

purple
    1996 camaro z28

thanx im gonna go try it il lit you know how it went... thanx again if anyone has any other suggestions please let know.....

Thread Information