Thread: window motor

10's N/A

window motor

Roughly how much does a window motor go for and how difficult is the fix? (Passenger side)

green
    94 z28

got mine on eBay for about $25 shipped. I took it to a shop to get it fixed because I didn't have the tools and he was going to charge me $60. I dropped the car off, went to eat, went back and he said he had to cut a few wholes behind the body panel and wasn't going to do that. So the motor is sitting in the back seat and I actually found out that it wasn't the motor...the car was in a wreck before I got it and it was never reported but repaired(badly once you actually pay attention).

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by xinthenight View Post
    got mine on eBay for about $25 shipped. I took it to a shop to get it fixed because I didn't have the tools and he was going to charge me $60. I dropped the car off, went to eat, went back and he said he had to cut a few wholes behind the body panel and wasn't going to do that. So the motor is sitting in the back seat and I actually found out that it wasn't the motor...the car was in a wreck before I got it and it was never reported but repaired(badly once you actually pay attention).
    So what was it? And why in world would he have to cut holes in the body panels?

red
    96 ss

it makes it 100 times easier to drill (big bit) a few holes where the screws are on the frame assembly. if its the first time it has been replaced. i think (been so long ago) that the factory used rivets that need to be drilled out. after that you will be using bolts. the holes will allow you to gt accesss to the bolts without taking the entire assembly out. go to shoebox's website . i think there is a write up there.

10's N/A

Alright, thanks a lot.

Thread Information