Thread: What bolt ons?

Black
    1996 Trans am

What bolt ons?

I have a 96 trans am lt1 , and i have a magna flow high performance flo cats, borla cat back exhause with cutout, k&n cai, skip shift elim, hurst short shift, and i was wanting to know what else i could add to my car, for more perfomance,.....like what throttle body and if i have to do other things to my car if i add a throttle body on it , and what else i can do to it ?

More N20

Red
    1994 Camaro Z28

dont waist money on a TB, LT Headers, 1.6 Rollerrockers (get hardened pushrods with it) the stock TB is more than enough for what you have. Suspention is key, i mean comp 3-way rear shocks are only $48 and get some V6 springs for the back because they are softer. It all really depends on what kinda money you want to spend. But an MSD 6A box MSD 8.5mm wires NGK TR55 plugs. Plus many many free mods. TB Coolant bypass, manual fanswitch, if you live in warm climate remove the thermostat, port your MAF sensor. remove the blower motor, egr block off plates, PCM for less (Bryan Hertner) get a sumit mag, or GM Hi-Tech performance.. theres all kinds of stuff, its all about money and how fast you want to go.

J

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Look into getting ur car cammed, look at a voodoo cam, I know jcwhitney sells em for like 127 bucks but you should check out the spongers too, most of them will price match and sometimes go cheaper, plus I rather support the sponsors over others. And you are looking at atleast 50hp

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Look into getting ur car cammed, look at a voodoo cam, I know jcwhitney sells em for like 127 bucks but you should check out the spongers too, most of them will price match and sometimes go cheaper, plus I rather support the sponsors over others. And you are looking at atleast 50RWHP

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by camarostripes96 View Post
    I have a 96 trans am lt1 , and i have a magna flow high performance flo cats, borla cat back exhause with cutout, k&n cai, skip shift elim, hurst short shift, and i was wanting to know what else i could add to my car, for more perfomance,.....like what throttle body and if i have to do other things to my car if i add a throttle body on it , and what else i can do to it ?
    For the money, your next step should be 4.11 gears, a few suspension/chassis tweaks, tune, and last but definitely not least - drag radials. You won't be dissapointed - trust me!

Black
    1996 Trans am

ok with what i have right now on the lt1, k&n cai, shift shift elim. , short thro and magna flow high flow cats , with borla cat back exhaust, what kind of cam shoud i get and will it work with what i have one there now or will i have to get other things as well to make the cam work? And i have never put a cam in, how do u do it and do u have to set your timing as well?

10's N/A

There are several different grinds from Comp Cams, Crane, Speed Demon Motorsports, etc. etc. that will work fine with a mild setup like yours - I can go on and on. Just do your research and you will find one that you like. As far as the install, in your case i'd have a professional or someone with experience do the job. I've done many LTx cam swap jobs and i'll tell ya, it ain't for the inexperienced.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

Id say get the gears, headers and then do the cam swap. No need to flow more air in and out if you cant get it out.

Thread Information