Red
    94 Pont. Firebird Formula

Turn Signal lever problem

alright well after putting a new fuel pump in my car.... i took it out to see how she ran... and the bracket that holds the whole turn signal assembly in its place just broke and pieces fell in my lap... so now the wipers and all that stuff works, but i cant turn the turn signals on or use my bright/low beem control... any idea on what part i need to order, or how to go about installing it?

Red

anybody at all?

red
    95 Z28

take the covers off of the steering column and see what broke, specifically. It sounds like you'll need a new stalk at the least.

GM's levers and switches on my 97 camaro are not as high qualify as the ones I had on an 89 Honda Accord. Those levers and switches flipped easy. But these camaro levers have a lot of tension in them and when they click in place it feels like something is going to break, and when they click out of place or turn off, there is too much tension in the switch it feels like something can break. And wa la, it does. But Honda's, nope. easy on, easy off, no tension and long lasting. GEE I wonder why GM is loosing market share. Crappy service department and junk components on their cars ( and for a lot of money). You know, I have a hardware engineering degree from oklahoma state and I can tell you, or some of you may already know that in electronics, you can buy a multitude of switches and buttons. All have a different feel to them and click on or off differently and some are nice and some are not so nice. GM has been using the same type blinker switch since the 70's. haha Why don't they wake up and smell the coffee?

Red

well and about the money... ya i ended up payin $175 for a new switch and wiring... and that was only for the switch... not even a new lever and all that good stuff... so pretty well just bent over and took it, because i have to have turn signals...

Probably would have been easier and cheaper to replace the whole steering column. It's not very hard to do. I did mine, for the first time, and I am slow, in about 2 hours. The second time in about an 45min.

Thread Information