Time estimate on labor?

I'm callin around to see how long and how much people quote me for jobs on my car, I have everything ready for the install, ECM just came today from PCMForLess.

Heads (including rockers, pushrods, plates, springs etc)
    Cam
    Intake Manifold
    Injectors
    Plugs
    Wires
    Shortube headers

Everyones sayin week, week and a half but I need more an estimate on the HOURS of LABOR, not just how long it will take them to finish up around other jobs etc. Assuming everything goes right... I have provided them with EVERYTHING they need short of the tools, gaskets, screws, fluids, hell even the instructions if the parts came with any!

My only other big concern is that one place said they'd have to drop the entire motor to install the cam... I'm ok with that except it seems like that would take a good few more hours then if they didnt assuming they could get the cam out/in with the motor in... is it possible? (1996 LT1 Trans)

I'd really love someone to come up with a good estimate, at $85 an hour if one place can do it even 2 hours quicker by bypassing something would really help my wallet!

P.S I think my clutch needs to be adjusted too... it chatters/rubs in idle and catches really high... 1st and reverse are getting really annoying when the clutch feels like its going to blow up!

Its a new spec 2 clutch and it was great for the first month, then things went down hill (just like my stock clutch)... can you adjust these or is something else wrong with my car causin this to happen?

6SpeedZ

Medium Patriot Red
    1993 Camaro

When your new clutch was installed was the flywheel turned? All the bolts torqued correctly?... those can cause FAST wear of a new clutch and other problems...

YEa the flywheel was resurfaced... I ASSUME they were, a garage did it.

6SpeedZ

Medium Patriot Red
    1993 Camaro

You should take it back to them n raise cain! Did you let it break in good?.. I used to work at a transmission shop, I installed a clutch on a vette, the guy didn't break it in at all and ragged on it pretty hard and after 3 weeks she gave out on him.. and he was right back in there, my boss replaced it free of charge, but told the guy he wouldn't do it again...

i havent ever been hard on it yet, it got shitty right when i thought it was supposed to be gettin good

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

It is possibly to do a H/C swap with the motor inside the car. You just have to pull all the shit in front and possibly tilt the engine foweard a little to get the clearance you need to pull the cam out.
    That's a lot of work you are going to be paying for. Its definately not a 1 day job. Be prepared to pay out the ass for this stuff. I think $3-5 grand easily.

shit.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I really don't know on the prices, just estimating. I'd call around to some shops and get actual prices. But i know I was quoted at $500 for just a header install. So, all that internal shit takes time and man-hours.

6SpeedZ

Medium Patriot Red
    1993 Camaro

The last shop I worked for charged 53.00/hr labor only... and I know around here a tune up on any F-Body costs atleast 800 dollars, I could only imagine the price tag on that project!

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Tune ups are a bitch. I know some places loosen motor mounts and tilt the motor for easier access to the plugs. They also have to pull the water pump for access to the opti and mess with the cam sprocket. These cars are expensive.

Thread Information