black
    95 trans am

throttle body help pls.

Hi guys, hopefully everybody has had an awesome summer with their rides! I came in second in the last two shows I/ve had mine inLooking to get another newer throttle body for a 94 pontiac trans am . Please let me know what kinds you guys have and how big mm wise i can go for my car...52mm or 58mm i think?.thank you so much for all your help previously too!

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

What size depends on what you have done or what you are planning on doing. 52mm is a basic bolt-on for most guys. But if you are running FI, nitrous, or a big H/C, then you may want to look into a 58mm. But if you get a 58mm, you'll need to port the manifold to accomodate the larger openings.

And post some pics of your show car.

10's N/A

What kind of mods do you have already?? TB's are worth little to nothing on mildly modded cars.

black
    95 trans am

tb

well lets see.... bbk headers (shorties) going to long tubes soon when I decide which man. y-pipe, magnaflow high out put cat, borla adjustable cat back sys. injectors, wires, crane ignition, lt4 knock sensor, throttle body by pass, hypertech programmer and 160 thermo, granatelli maf,elect. metz. elect. water pump, true ram air hood (baffles removed) kenny brown 3 point strut bar, kenny brown diamond subframe connectors, cross drilled/slotted rotors, nos (100 shot)every piece of billet made for our f bodys except a pcm cover that was nothing like it was supposed to be from this guy on ebay named peter petruzzelli but his battery cover was great!..just so you guys know. wire loom (chrome/red), bolt covers, rear end cover.please let me know about polishing and porting my intake cause I was gonna do the intake gasket leak again over the winter and was wondering if 58mm would be better now for that?..thank you so very much to all of yous for your help in the past and now!

10's N/A

With your mods a 58mm throttle body will be worth it. Porting the intake by itself is worth a little, Advanced Induction has three stages of intake manifolds that work really good. But ofcourse you'll always get more if you port the heads as well!

black
    95 trans am

thank you for all the help

does advanced induction have a website? Do you or anyone else have one and how do you like it?.......Thank you very much again for all your and everybodys help on my question!

10's N/A

advancedinduction.com

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Technically, with the exception of the 100 shot, he's only running bolt-ons. Between the 52mm vs 58mm, you won't see much of a difference right now. If you plan on more modding, then you might want to consider the 58, but if you are satisfied with the bolt-ons right now, I think the 52 would work fine.

red

Quote Originally Posted by stefos View Post
    well lets see.... bbk headers (shorties) going to long tubes soon when I decide which man. y-pipe, magnaflow high out put cat, borla adjustable cat back sys. injectors, wires, crane ignition, lt4 knock sensor, throttle body by pass, hypertech programmer and 160 thermo, granatelli maf,elect. metz. elect. water pump, true ram air hood (baffles removed) kenny brown 3 point strut bar, kenny brown diamond subframe connectors, cross drilled/slotted rotors, nos (100 shot)every piece of billet made for our f bodys except a pcm cover that was nothing like it was supposed to be from this guy on ebay named peter petruzzelli but his battery cover was great!..just so you guys know. wire loom (chrome/red), bolt covers, rear end cover.please let me know about polishing and porting my intake cause I was gonna do the intake gasket leak again over the winter and was wondering if 58mm would be better now for that?..thank you so very much to all of yous for your help in the past and now!

Word of advice hypertech and nos don't mix to well with the programer will lean the out the motor which can cause damage.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    Technically, with the exception of the 100 shot, he's only running bolt-ons. Between the 52mm vs 58mm, you won't see much of a difference right now. If you plan on more modding, then you might want to consider the 58, but if you are satisfied with the bolt-ons right now, I think the 52 would work fine.
    From my experience if your going to do a throttle body, 58mm (or AS&M 54) is the only way to go if you have a chance on making any power at all. 52's are virtually worthless.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I've seen a 52 support more than 500hp.

red
    95 Z28

Stock tb isnt the restriction point on a bolt on car. Not even that much on a heads/cam car. They're pretty worthless mods. Less than 5hp in most of those applications. I wouldnt bother.

10's N/A

Yeah for the money they're not worth it at all for a bolt-on car. I just spent $512 for an Air Speed & Marine 54mm for my vette and really don't even know if it was worth it since everything wen't on at once. I figured with the cam and LT's it might have added a few.

Thread Information