Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Stock LT1 question

Ok, so I'm curious if any one knows what the 1/4 times for these shoult be.

I was talking to a guy when I was at the cabin last weekend and he was telling me about his car (he had/has no idea what I drive) and he was telling me about his 95 Z28 with the LT1 "you know, the corvette motor".

He said that he runs 15.2 at the track and was proud of himself for keeping up with a GTP "cause you know, those are supercharged"....

So my question is are stock LT1's that slow or is he just a dumb a__ that doesn't know how to drive? (I'm leaning towards the second)

Trans Am owner
    former

um, I heard they are supposed to go very very low 14's, and occasional high 13.

lol, I found on wikipedia, that my car is rated at 310 hp, 350 ft/lbs, and factory estimated 13.2 in the quarter

I think that over estimating

Red
    '01 Silverado

i think he is a dumbass that can't drive

Trans Am owner
    former

1995 models were the same as those of previous years, but traction control (ASR: Acceleration Slip Regulation) was now available. The steering wheel was also changed. It was borrowed from the Grand Prix.A performance package was also offered. The package offered Polyurethane Bushings, suspension upgrades,as well as a freer intake/exhaust similar to that on the Chevrolet Corvette, supplying 310 hp to very few of the Firebird models; those that did receive this set-up were able to accelerate from 0-62 mph in 4.9 seconds and cover a quarter-mile in 13.2 seconds at 110 mph (180 km/h). The 'Perform Transmission' button, which was available in the 310 hp Trans Ams, gave a 25% increase in torque with every kickdown, and resulted in a maximum of 350 ft·lbf (470 N·m) of torque. Although the redline displayed on the tachometer was 5000 rpm, the engines were capable of revving to 7000 rpm.The Firebirds which had the package were among the fastest cars at the time.

thats a direct copy-paste from wikipedia. I know that it may not be accurate, but that would be cool if it was.......for me atleast

Red
    '01 Silverado

got to remember thats hp and tq at the crank not at the wheels

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorustler41 View Post
    1995 models were the same as those of previous years, but traction control (ASR: Acceleration Slip Regulation) was now available. The steering wheel was also changed. It was borrowed from the Grand Prix.A performance package was also offered. The package offered Polyurethane Bushings, suspension upgrades,as well as a freer intake/exhaust similar to that on the Chevrolet Corvette, supplying 310 hp to very few of the Firebird models; those that did receive this set-up were able to accelerate from 0-62 mph in 4.9 seconds and cover a quarter-mile in 13.2 seconds at 110 mph (180 km/h). The 'Perform Transmission' button, which was available in the 310 hp Trans Ams, gave a 25% increase in torque with every kickdown, and resulted in a maximum of 350 ft·lbf (470 N·m) of torque. Although the redline displayed on the tachometer was 5000 rpm, the engines were capable of revving to 7000 rpm.The Firebirds which had the package were among the fastest cars at the time.

thats a direct copy-paste from wikipedia. I know that it may not be accurate, but that would be cool if it was.......for me atleast
    This looks like it's some sort of a special edition? Don't know but it doesn't look accurate on the times, my A4 LS1 practically stock got 13.6 and there is no way a standard A4 LT1 is that much faster.

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

I would assume the reference is to an A4 because it mentions the special transmission button?

Red
    '01 Silverado

yea thats for a a4

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

my mom has a 94 formula, we are thinking mid 14s for her. shes completely stock.

ive never heard of an lt1 running that slow...stock.

Trans Am owner
    former

Quote Originally Posted by 00 formula View Post
    This looks like it's some sort of a special edition? Don't know but it doesn't look accurate on the times, my A4 LS1 practically stock got 13.6 and there is no way a standard A4 LT1 is that much faster.
    yeah, its the performance package. I have it. it shifts pretty stiff for a stock car. it chirps 275's goin into 2nd. and that with a 2.73, and stock converter!

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

new, they were roughly mid 14s..on par with 99-04 GTs

Moving to correct forum..

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird* View Post
    new, they were roughly mid 14s..on par with 99-04 GTs

Moving to correct forum..
    Mid 14's new? With a wacky driver. Heck, the magazines were going quicker than that...

Here's a 1993 Z28 M6 that ran 14.0...
    http://www.stangbangers.com/93_Cobra...28_Article.htm

And a '96 SS that cut a 13.6...
    http://www.stangbangers.com/96_Cobra...rd_Article.htm

GM High-Tech Performance's project '95 Formula, 2.73 geared 100% stock A4 w/ 94,000 miles, 14.02...
    http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...age/index.html

My best run ever was a 13.77 in a '93 T/A M6...completely stock.

yeah, its the performance package. I have it. it shifts pretty stiff for a stock car. it chirps 275's goin into 2nd. and that with a 2.73, and stock converter!
    I asked this once before, but can you please posts some pics and maybe some specs so that I can see exactly what this is...and what it actually has done to it? Thanks.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Mine bone stock ran 13.9 but they were usually high 13s-low 14s a little faster then the 99-04 GTs plus older then them too.
    An LT1 running 15s? Either his car is fucked in the ass sideways or he needs to go drive a honda.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Mine bone stock ran 13.9 but they were usually high 13s-low 14s a little faster then the 99-04 GTs plus older then them too.
    An LT1 running 15s? Either his car is fucked in the ass sideways or he needs to go drive a honda.
    I had pretty much the exact same results with my '94 Trans Am GT- very high 13's to low 14's all day long.

I agree with you on the LT1 running 15's - that's really unlikely unless he was running 2.4 - 2.6 short times, or has engine/transmission issues, ya know?

For the record, mine had 3.23's in the rear - A4 - and the "Corvette motor"

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

I did forget to mention it was a vert on bald tires (he thought bald tires would give him more traction, no they were not DRs) but I still can't see it running 15.2 on its own. The car was mechanically sound, at least until this tool drove it in to a ditch after drinking all night.

Trans Am owner
    former

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Mid 14's new? With a wacky driver. Heck, the magazines were going quicker than that...

Here's a 1993 Z28 M6 that ran 14.0...
    http://www.stangbangers.com/93_Cobra...28_Article.htm

And a '96 SS that cut a 13.6...
    http://www.stangbangers.com/96_Cobra...rd_Article.htm

GM High-Tech Performance's project '95 Formula, 2.73 geared 100% stock A4 w/ 94,000 miles, 14.02...
    http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...age/index.html

My best run ever was a 13.77 in a '93 T/A M6...completely stock.

I asked this once before, but can you please posts some pics and maybe some specs so that I can see exactly what this is...and what it actually has done to it? Thanks.

yup, I will take a picture some time today, and I got my info mostly off wikipedia. it has different bushings, and the intake has no baffle thin in it, and the exhaust is freer flowing. when i rev it up, it pops and crackles when I slam the throttle shut. when you select the perform transmission button, it raises line pressure, and riases the shift point to 6000 rpm. it feels like it is still pulling up there too. I will go out on one of our racing roads to test 0-60 and 0-100 times and stuff eventually, once I get a feel for launching the car.

btw, besides the ws6 wheels, my t/a is totally stock. here is a picture of the interior, if you look closley, you can see the little button behind the shifter.

10's N/A

yup, I will take a picture some time today, and I got my info mostly off wikipedia. it has different bushings, and the intake has no baffle thin in it, and the exhaust is freer flowing. when i rev it up, it pops and crackles when I slam the throttle shut. when you select the perform transmission button, it raises line pressure, and riases the shift point to 6000 rpm. it feels like it is still pulling up there too. I will go out on one of our racing roads to test 0-60 and 0-100 times and stuff eventually, once I get a feel for launching the car.

btw, besides the ws6 wheels, my t/a is totally stock. here is a picture of the interior, if you look closley, you can see the little button behind the shifter.Click for full size
    Nice! At first I thought you were refering to the 1995 Comp T/A trans-am, which was a limited edition built to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of BF Goodrich's Comp T/A-line tires. Those cars were infact solid low to mid 13-second performers.

Trans Am owner
    former

heres a better view of it.

it looks cool at night, glowing red......I love the interior of these cars a night. feels like your in a fighter jet lol

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

My 96 Z28 vert with an A4 ran 14.2@100 all day long. This is here in Phoenix @ Speed World. The car was stock down to the paper air filter.

^^^^he is correct,,,,our 97 Z28 convertable when new ran 14.20's easily at 99 mph with shitty DA here in Ohio,,,,it was a 6speed car and completely stock.

Still ran identical times even after 102,000 miles on the clock just last year...

Thread Information