Still having idle issues!!!

After replacing the FPR and making sure I had no vacuum leaks. I still have issues. When I crank the car up it idles and runs good then after a few minutes it starts acting up. Has a rough idle and starts cutting out and eventually dying. Going down the road you can't keep it running either. Questions

1. Could it have learned the wrong idle? My air intake elbow dosen't have the silentcer tube, I had it closed off the best I could but some air was getting by.
    2. Could the plugs be fouled bad enough to cause problems.
    Up for any suggestions! I'm getting disgusted with it. Need some help.

DisCrete
    wc... again... I'm no expert... I remember u said your fuel pressure.. was what it should be...... and I'm not sure how much fuel pressure effects the fuel pump.

However, the only suggestion I can give you to my knowledge... check the fuel pump...

When I had to replace my fuel pump... my car started fine.. had rough idle... bogged down... even died out on me while driving couple of times.. untill finally the fuel pump died completely.

Other than that man.. I'm out of suggestions.

Try hitting up the admin... hopefully he or someone else will chime in with a better suggestion.

DisCrete
    Wc,

Msg 5.0THIS.. he just jumped back on LS1 forums.. and he was the original mod for this forum.. he should have it back again soon hopefully.. he's a smart guy.. prolly way better to help you than I ever could.

-DisCrete

I think I am getting plenty of fuel. But I will keep it in mind. I changed my plugs last night after only having them in for 2 weeks and they were all fouled. Haven't had it runninglong enough to tell anything yet.

DisCrete
    cool.. well if you still need help... 5.0THIS would be my recommendation.. but there are alot of smart people who can help ya.. justa matter of gettin a response.

Quote Originally Posted by DisCrete
    cool.. well if you still need help... 5.0THIS would be my recommendation.. but there are alot of smart people who can help ya.. justa matter of gettin a response.
    Tell me about it, you can read some posts and people get all kinda help. It always seems when I post I can't get alot of help. Granted the help I get I try and take into consideration and really appreciate.

DisCrete
    well ls1 still recovering... before.. you would have recieved like 5-20 responses within 24 hours from people...

Green
    1998 Z28 - A4

I just had a thought about the cam positioning sensor that is inside of your distributer. Possibly it could start up because it advances the timing according to the sensior and the sensor doesn't set it back.. if that makes any sense.. but i hope that your spark plugs help, another idea is that your injectors coul;d be contaminated and you would need to clean them with some heavy duty cleaner that goes through your fuel rail. keep on runnin' chevy

Quote Originally Posted by wc00ac
    After replacing the FPR and making sure I had no vacuum leaks. I still have issues. When I crank the car up it idles and runs good then after a few minutes it starts acting up. Has a rough idle and starts cutting out and eventually dying. Going down the road you can't keep it running either. Questions

1. Could it have learned the wrong idle? My air intake elbow dosen't have the silentcer tube, I had it closed off the best I could but some air was getting by.
    2. Could the plugs be fouled bad enough to cause problems.
    Up for any suggestions! I'm getting disgusted with it. Need some help.
    O2s possibly? Those are the classic symptoms. A bad O2 will cause the car to run rich and foul the plugs.

I wouldn't rule out the opti either. I had symptoms similiar to yours when my opti was going bad.
    Last edited by JennyOnNOS; 08-13-2005 at 08:53 PM.

Did PCM4LESS tune your car with the new motor build and cam?

Awaiting Activation

Re: Still having idle issues!!!

I'm gonna lean towards an O2. Since it takes a minute for it to start messing up it could be your computer going into closed loop. Might check the O2's how long has it been since you changed them??

Might also be your coolant temp sensor on the water pump, or it could be your IAC, hell It might even be your TPS. Hard to know without a scan of it. Is it throwing any codes at all??

Thread Information