green
    1997 camaro ss

ss stock exhaust

I recently bought a 97 ss and i had read somewhere that in 97 the ss came with two types of exhaust.How would i find out what my car came with? Thanks for any help.

the stock one is just the same as a z28, if the original owner purchased the exhaust option.....you'd have two pipes exiting on the left side(drivers side). This is commonly known as the "two on the left" SLP exhaust.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by KansasAutoXer
    the stock one is just the same as a z28, if the original owner purchased the exhaust option.....you'd have two pipes exiting on the left side(drivers side). This is commonly known as the "two on the left" SLP exhaust.

Joe
    Partially true......

Sometime during the 1997 model year, SLP changed the performance exhaust option from the "two on the left" type to a "Dual-Dual" type system (dual pipe exit tips on each side).
    Vance Chula
    1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
    2010 Camaro 2LT RS
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/vchula

green
    1997 camaro ss

Do either of you know of a website I can go to run my vin and see what options it came with?Mine came with duals out the back when i bought it but I cant see any writing on the muffler itself.The exhaust from headers back is pretty rusted but the muffler has almost no rust anywhere like its stainless or something.:dunno

green
    1997 camaro ss

Do either of you know of a website I can go to run my vin and see what options it came with?Mine came with duals out the back when i bought it but I cant see any writing on the muffler itself.The exhaust from headers back is pretty rusted but the muffler has almost no rust anywhere like its stainless or something.:dunno

thats a tough one, as the optional exhaust would have come from SLP. I would TRY, and i do mean, TRY to talk to a GM dealership. I doubt they can help, but you never know. Then, call SLP and talk to someone in replacement parts, they've always helped me the most.

Joe

green
    1997 camaro ss

I found a website with great camaro info it is camarosource.com.I still have not found out which exhaust mine has but I did find out mine is one of 55 ss that are polo green,6spd, and t-tops in 97 so the site was very helpful,a lot of info on that site.It also gave me the number to slp so I am calling monday. Thanks for the replies.

red
    97slp ramair

picture

Take apiture and ill tell you thanks

green
    1997 camaro ss

I didnt get to call slp today but i was looking on my door jams and on the passenger side the slp sticker on the door listed the mods slp had done.It only listed three items 1.Performance exhaust system. 2.Torsen torque sensing differintial. 3.Level 2 bilstein sport suspension package.I was planning on doing exhaust mods soon so I need to find out how well that muffler flows. The question may have already been asked but if anyone knows the flow numbers vs other aftermarket mufflers please let me know. Thanks. Ill try to get a picture, if I can figure out how to post it.I guess I could e-mail it to you,just tell me your e-mail address.

Thread Information