Thread: Spring Mods

Spring Mods

Ok, its nearly spring and my Camaro would not be happy if I didn't replace Everything at least once, so here is my new rack and pinion that is 2 turns from side to side. Then after that, I'm getting these new springs from SLP. I'm so tired of the Eibach "pro" kit. Them things after a year just do not like bumps. I need some control on bumps. gee. And these SLP springs are firm and I already have the fatest anti-sway bar you can buy. 35mm and 25mm!! So this is going to be good.

SLP SPRINGS, uh for spring.
    Last edited by Chad97z; 01-25-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Also, another reason I am going to slightly taller springs than this "pro" kit, is because since I lowered it and have the shock tower brace on, my car doesnt flex as much in the right place. Presently, if I take an incline at an angle so I dont scrap the front, my car flexes in the middle section like in the top area so my windows rub on the rubber trim that seals it, and it makes a noise like rubber on glass is moving.. Like when your rolling up your windws.. but only thing is that i'm not rolling my windows up or down.

Also I was trying to park my car not too long ago in this parking lot that was sort of up on a hill. So I had to approach it at an angle. But the road was so slanted and so steep that at some point my right rear tire was not getting any traction because of the angle and in combination with the slant of the hill and the right tire just spun and I couldnt get any traction to get up the hill unless I hit it fast and then I ended up dragging my tail pipes. So ya.. the suspension needs more flex in it. And I have all the anti-swaying I need thanx to my 35mm anti-sway bar. Springs mostly only control the ride height. Not the cornering ability.

Thread Information