Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

Serious LT1 Issues. need any assistance possible...

I am not sure whats going on but my car is headed down the highway to hell at the rate its going, heres a description of whats going wrong as of now...

Procharger P600B Blower - boost from blower simply, and literally, not doing anything but making the car hotter.

General Car defects - Sometimes sporradic shifting and RPM instability, exhaust rattling despite multiple attempts at retightening bolts, severe dip in car's overall power.

The above has me thinking something is seriously wrong with my baby here, if anybody has any sort of idea, I need the assistance, asap.

I'm not sure what to do about this, like I said, I need any sort of assistance you guys can give me, thanks!

Opti ??

Sebring Silver
    97 Camaro Z28

Are ya poppin up at SES light? Kinda need a better description of whats going on.. Could be fuel, spark.....

1994 25th Anniversary T/A

Do you still have a cat on it? If so it could be clogged.

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

Yes actually, the Borla cat-back is still on there, it's also quite old. Would a malfunctioning cat be lending to the problem?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to truck my blower off to Procharger to get rebuilt, which isn't going to be cheap. But, fixing other problems this beast has is a fkin' plus any day of the week.

If the exhaust doesn't have anywhere to go it will choke the motor, and cause it run crappy. The rattling you're hearing is prolly the ceramics broken up inside of the cat. I had the same trouble when I put my blower on. Took the cat out, and haven't had any trouble since. Changing the cat or removing it(if you can...emissions) is cheaper then sending the blower in for rebuild.

Black
    1999 WS6

Are you running headers? How old are the spark plug wires? If they are more than 2 years old they might be jumping fire to the header. Does it act like this when it's cold?

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

Yes my SES light is on every now and then. Also the middle of the car is leaking what appears to be oil. It's had time to sit since I posted this and I start it every few days to see whats going on.

The blower is making very odd noises on rev up, but at idle it sounds fine. I almost don't even think the blower is the problem here. The cat, the fuel pump, and the opti are what I'm currently suspecting. Not too long ago I had to change out the keyway on my blower because it had broken after years of use. Atm, the car has a very difficult time past 3400 RPM when sitting and revving, as in the power drops drastically, as if the pedal doesn't want to be pushed that far. There is a highpitched engine noise coming at around 2300 RPM and thats very conditional, as in sometimes it just doesn't happen. Also, the car sounds entirely stock so it's like its not even using the boost being made from the supercharger, such a fucking baffling problem.

So that leaves me with three marks I need to check out further, I do not still believe the blower is the problem. But who knows at this point lol.

Cat, plugs, fuel pumps, also it may very well be the spark because of the recent cooling system failure.

Any more ideas would be awesome, also if you need any more information I will do whatever I can to collect it. Thank you all for your support.

I would check the cat first. I've had this problem before.

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

I see, the cat will most likely be the the first thing I check in that case. After about 6 years of supercharged use I'm sure shes ready for a change out one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniacal View Post
    I see, the cat will most likely be the the first thing I check in that case. After about 6 years of supercharged use I'm sure shes ready for a change out one way or another.

My cat didn't even last 3 months with the supercharger.

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

Wow damn, it's possible since the blower being repaired using it's fullest power that the cat decided it was time to go. Will gutting my cat have the same effect as putting a new one in?

If you don't have emmissions I would leave the cat off, but if you have to have the cat I would weld a piece of streight pipe in it.

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

I see, yeah I need emissions taken care of so I'll probably just weld a straightpipe through it. I would keep it off altogether but I don't know a mechanic personally that could "look the other way" so to speak.

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

What kind of sound would the car be making without a straight-through pipe in the cat?

Thread Information