Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hark_Z

sagging CAR, help!

Ok on the right side of my camaro it is sagging really bad. I measured from one side of my rear bumper to the other and it sags more than 1'' down on the right side.. I think the problem could be shock related or suspension, I'm not sure. I wanted to know what you guys thought it was. Recently also I had a mild accident where that right side of the car went off road.. Anyone ever had any problems like this with the car sagging to one side badly?? Oh and there is plenty of air in the tires...

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Has the car ever been lowered? If so do you have an adjustable panhard bar?

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Does it have any sweaks or rattles? If so it could be a busted shock.

LS1ROC
    yeah i was thinking busted shock myself. Does it bounce like hell real bad on the right side when you go down the road? It might be a broken sway bar bushing ...mabye. I have had that happen and it sat lower one side.Take the shock off and see if it recoils when you push it in. Do a good visual inspection for anything scatched up from when you ran it off the road.

Hark_Z
    I briefly had the time the other day to jack it up and couldnt see any major damage to the underside. My car squeaks badly though and I am not sure why.. It has always rattled alot too. This is freakin me out with the sagging thing now cuz my '94 silverado just up and started leaning like 2 inches to the left, the whole body, just like the Z..

Hark_Z
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG D's SS
    Has the car ever been lowered? If so do you have an adjustable panhard bar?
    Nope and nope, something got screwed up in my accident, but it's visually hard to see anything wrong...

red
    95 Z28

Guys... shocks do not determine ride height... Springs do. All of the shocks could be broken and it wont change the height of the car.

LS1ROC
    5.0this.....when talking about cars anything is possible. I have personally seen ride height raise to inches by installing new shocks on a carmaro. If the shock has been busted for awhile it is possible the spring may have weakend. Their are to many variables when you think about how many cars their are. If you ever own your own garage you will see things you never thought possible. I sure have!

White
    2000 Camaro SS slp #4161

My car has the same issue> the drivers side sits 1" higher than the passenger side. I replaced both rear springs and shocks to eliminate the problems and there are no changes. All bushings and components are good from inspections and replacement. *scratches head* I have had several shops look at it and no one has a clue.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

You'll have to take a better look, it could definitely be a broken shock. IDK how, but I've broken two and it just baffles me on how the heck that happened.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

omg the right rear is the side that is sagging? if so the right rear is the spring that takes the most load when you drive. It takes the most abuse when you shift. It takes more wieght and abuse so it will settle more. Shocks do not have much support. If one is bad it may sag a hair. If you own an F-body of ANY YEAR, you should have already replaced the shocks if you have over 20 to 30K miles on it. Shocks do not last as long as struts do. Even struts should be replaced at 75k to 100k if not sooner.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

My 97 Bird sags fierce on the right side as well, however, i've read that this is common becausethat's the side the car squats to under acceleration, and springs DO weaken over time.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Have to ask, are you positive that this is recent? Just asking because from the factory these cars were a tad bit higher on the drivers side, that way when the driver got in the car it would level out.

Ray Charles blue

Car on level ground?

My friends 94 camaro had an issue like this....it was a spring.

White
    2000 Camaro SS slp #4161

I really dont think it is the shocks. I replaced both rear shocks and both rear springs and it did not make a difference on mine. when i have a full tank of gas my car sits more level but when almost empty, my car is 1" higher on the drivers side on even pavement.

blue
    1995 camaro z28

5.0this is absolutly right. shocks only control spring rebound, not ride height. unless of course its air shocks. if its recent and from an accedent you probably broke a spring or spring perch. get it up in the air and inspect closely, I bet you see the problem

Black
    2002 Trans Am Ws6

My 2002 has the same issue, after a visual inspection I found that the sway bar end link on the passenger side was completely gone! (Its a newly purchased car, not something I failed on) but as a result of that, my drivers side spring wasn’t seated right at the bottom of the spring/ top of the rear end. I’m waiting on my new end links to come in, not sure if this will fix the issue but ill be sure to post the results.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Have to ask, are you positive that this is recent? Just asking because from the factory these cars were a tad bit higher on the drivers side, that way when the driver got in the car it would level out.
    This..

Even the 3800 cars have the lean..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

95 Camaro z28

off topic, but does anyone have suggestions for lowering kits?
    95 z28 CAI, Underdrive pulies, LT headers, full exhaust, tune, 3.73, 55k

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by madskillz8990 View Post
    off topic, but does anyone have suggestions for lowering kits?
    Strano springs, koni shocks. Heavily recommended setup on this site
    if konis are way out of your range look into bilstein shocks

Thread Information