Thread: rare?

rare?

Is it me or is the Camaro getting sort of rare. I pulled up next to a camaro yesterday at a stop light, and I thought to myself, "oh there's another camaro" and I was moderately / slightly surprised. After all, the newest a camaro can be now is nearly 5 years old.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

That is true and so many cars are being totalled that every day they are becoming more rare.

The good news is that a new car will be released late next year as a 09 model.

I am planning to purchase second year production (2010) car myself!

black
    95 z28, 05 Altima

Quote Originally Posted by Chad97z View Post
    Is it me or is the Camaro getting sort of rare. I pulled up next to a camaro yesterday at a stop light, and I thought to myself, "oh there's another camaro" and I was moderately / slightly surprised. After all, the newest a camaro can be now is nearly 5 years old.
    I think that it's a lot more rare to pull up to a SS or even a z28. I see those damn 6 bangers all the time.

ya, well, in my opinion, I'm just starting to get a taste of rarity. Like we're at the beginning of something that will become more rare as time goes on. Its just funny how fast it happens.

Its almost as if when GM stops producing a car, it disappears. So much for longevity of the car and its ability to stick around. Unlike the Honda Accord. haha. However, I think that GM has produced other cars that disappeared faster. Like, the Beretta. http://www.beretta.net/ This thing disappeared fast.

Which this actually raises more questions. Like, if cars really "go away" so fast, then why do we spend so much money on them? The new camaro is really "a lot of automobile". Are we sure we want to spend that much on something that just is going to go away so soon?

But hey, my Camaro is 10 yrs old.. So I cant complain too much, but then again I also have a new tranny and new head gaskets. Thats something that would be a show stopper for many people on a car that is 8 yrs old or so. Most people would just sell it or trade.
    Last edited by Chad97z; 04-18-2007 at 03:05 AM.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I see my fair share of f-bodies around here. There are at least 3 SS's up at my school, 5 Z's and a few 6-bangers. See plenty on the road too, must just be my area I guess.

and I apologize for contributing to the increasing rarity of these cars, as I totalled a Z a few years back. So, I'm on my second one and I hope this one has better fortunes than the last.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Is it me or can most of the 6cyl Camaros/Birds be classified as "white trash" vehicles? Seems every single one is battered and brusied and dragging ass worse than the daytime hookers outside the highschool.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I can't say the same for most of the v6 f-bodies around here. Most look just as clean and maintained as the v8's. But yes, I come across some that look like sh*t, bot v8's and v6's.

it seems like ive ben seeing more and more 4th gens around me, when i 1st got mine there was 2 others in the whole area, now i dont even know...

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Probably because they are getting cheaper. The older they get, the cheaper they get (for regular 4th gen f-bodies). Meaning, they are more affordable to people who wanted one but couldn't afford one in the past.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I remember when the 96-97"SS" came out! I only saw a few at the dealerships and none on the road around my area. Fast forward to 4 years ago, I still didn't see them on the road much.
    My 97"SS" was the only one around for a long time! People would stare when they saw it! God, I want that car back!

For some parts for these cars, you still pay top inflated dollar if you want it bad enough!

Are they rare? Hell, Yeah!

SSMOKIN_SS
    Well it kind of depends on where you live. The more people around you the more likly you will run into a Camaro. There are a lot of F-Bodies and Vettes out here. I mean a lot, you will see one almost every street you go down on. That's why you have to have a unique one that no one else has.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by zbizkit View Post
    I think that it's a lot more rare to pull up to a SS or even a z28. I see those damn 6 bangers all the time.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_SS View Post
    Well it kind of depends on where you live. The more people around you the more likly you will run into a Camaro. There are a lot of F-Bodies and Vettes out here. I mean a lot, you will see one almost every street you go down on. That's why you have to have a unique one that no one else has.
    Where is Elk Grove?

SSMOKIN_SS
    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Where is Elk Grove?
    Elk Grove is in Nor-Cal. One of the cities that sprouted next to Sacramento.

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Is it me or can most of the 6cyl Camaros/Birds be classified as "white trash" vehicles? Seems every single one is battered and brusied and dragging ass worse than the daytime hookers outside the highschool.
    If im not mistaken your Lt1 was battered and bruised a few months back. Wasnt it? But you fixed it. I have a 6 Cylinder nothing wrong with it, it looks just as good as it did 6 years ago when it rolled off the production line. Im very proud of it.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

It's the truth. Mine was a very poor looking auto when I picked it up.

However, I didn't mean to imply that every V6 Fbod was a junker, and I should have clarified that in my area it seems to be most of them are beat more than the neighbors dog. It actually disheartens me to see so many cars be treated so badly, and I applaud you for taking care of yours. I just wish the previous owner of mine had done so as well.

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Yeah, I see your point of view. I hate seeing great cars treated like crap. I also like to commend you on the great job you did on your car.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Thanks. It seems that everywhere I go, at least somebody either stares or comments on it, it makes my head get real big! I just need to make it faster somehow and make it look just *that* much better with a new set of wheels!

Thread Information