Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    95 Camaro z28

Talking A preview of my new 95 Camaro z28!!!

[

1995 Camaro z28

The car has a 5.7 with hooker longtube headers,
    full flowmaster exhaust,
    cold air intake,
    underdrive pulleys,
    tune,
    new 3.73 rear end,
    leather interior (clean)
    and only 55,000 original miles.

Future Upgrades
    VFN cowl hood,
    torque thrust m (black),
    bigger throttle body,
    bigger injectors,
    maybe c5 brakes

I was wondering if you guys had any comments or suggestions, thanks!

Atomic Orange
    2007 Z06

Cam & spray. With full exhaust & CAI, my LT1Z was good for high 12s.

95 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Never-Enough View Post
    Cam & spray. With full exhaust & CAI, my LT1Z was good for high 12s.

i probably wont spray but what kind of cam? and im guessing on drag radials?

Atomic Orange
    2007 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by madskillz8990 View Post
    i probably wont spray but what kind of cam? and im guessing on drag radials?
    Yes, on DRs. It's been years since I've had it so I don't know what cam you should use, sorry.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

i'm sorry but high 12s to low 13s should be attainable on cam with full exhaust and drags.... with spray it should run mid-low 12s.........

red
    95 Z28

High 11s is attainable with bolt ons. It's been done, more than once with an LT1. 12s is easy with a bolt on LT1, much less with a cam.

95 Camaro z28

5.0 This you got any pics of your car?

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I've got a lid, LTs, and a Borla cat-back, got beat by an LT1 on a 150 shot by a bumper to 90mph... Mine is a low 13 second ride... if that tells you anything

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    I've got a lid, LTs, and a Borla cat-back, got beat by an LT1 on a 150 shot by a bumper to 90mph... Mine is a low 13 second ride... if that tells you anything
    Yes, it tells me that LT1 was running like shit, and driven by an untrained monkey.

I'm not starting an LT1 vs LS1 debate, we all know the LS1 is a better motor, especially at just the bolt on level. I'm simply telling you what has been done with them. The first guy to put an LT1 into the 11s with only bolt ons did it close to ten years ago. And the only weight reduction the car had was a front k member. It has since been done by a couple other people. Getting a bolt on LT1 into the 12s isnt that hard in decent weather.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Nice! I always liked the LT body style (Camaro only)..

Reminds me of my old 95' v6 I once had..

I had black mirrors/sail tho.. Miss that thing..
    Last edited by Smittro; 01-26-2011 at 01:34 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

95 Camaro z28

yeah, a lot of people are already bashing on it but i dont plan on running 11's with it. I'm 18 with a good looking dd that makes more power than most stangs

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

yeah, a lot of people are already bashing on it but i dont plan on running 11's with it. I'm 18 with a good looking dd that makes more power than most stangs
    who cares if people bash on it? if you like it that is all that matters. i have my LT1 T/A WS6 which i have been in love with since the day it came out. that is all that matters... oh, my wife loves it as much as i do.. believe me, that matters :P

95 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    who cares if people bash on it? if you like it that is all that matters. i have my LT1 T/A WS6 which i have been in love with since the day it came out. that is all that matters... oh, my wife loves it as much as i do.. believe me, that matters :P

dirty

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    Oh Yea that matters. Thank God mine is the same way.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

I know a guy that when I met him owned a 72 or 73 Plymouth satellite. It had a remaned 360 with stock heads and he put a cam in it. The car is nothing special but it has character. LT1's are not seen everyday and after the abortion of a face lift they gave the maro in 98 the older maro's now have a character. And for the most part stock lt1's run with stock ls1's. People always try to make it more than it is. An ls1 getting a car on you is not blowing your doors off. Blowing your doors off is more like 7 or 8. When you can't read his license plate, he blew your doors off. For the most part today’s society has been trained to think that newer is better no matter what and they talk way to much shit they can't back up. most of them are so delusional about what their cars can do or what they think they can make it do. There is one category that can't be argued. An LS1 cost a hell of a lot more to mod than an LT1 or a Gen1 SBC.

1996 Camaro

Nice, man I miss my 94 z. Looked just like yours.

95 Camaro z28

thanks guys!

and i was reading that lt1's will be a lot more dependable because their cast iron over aluminum and the ls1's morph...
    Last edited by madskillz8990; 01-28-2011 at 09:24 AM.

red
    95 Z28

LS1s are long lasting engines, make no mistake. They have separate issues from LT1s, but I wouldnt say either engine has distinct advantage of lasting longer.

95 Camaro z28

well with 55,000 miles i have big plans for this car

White with Hugger Stripes
    1997 30th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by JaycenK View Post
    I know a guy that when I met him owned a 72 or 73 Plymouth satellite. It had a remaned 360 with stock heads and he put a cam in it. The car is nothing special but it has character. LT1's are not seen everyday and after the abortion of a face lift they gave the maro in 98 the older maro's now have a character. And for the most part stock lt1's run with stock ls1's. People always try to make it more than it is. An ls1 getting a car on you is not blowing your doors off. Blowing your doors off is more like 7 or 8. When you can't read his license plate, he blew your doors off. For the most part today’s society has been trained to think that newer is better no matter what and they talk way to much shit they can't back up. most of them are so delusional about what their cars can do or what they think they can make it do. There is one category that can't be argued. An LS1 cost a hell of a lot more to mod than an LT1 or a Gen1 SBC.
    ^I agree. I think my SS is relatively rare and with all the mods done to it, stands apart from the crowd. But, I constantly get comments like, "Oh it's an LT1" or "have you thought about dropping an LS1 into it" etc. Even had one guy from a body shop tell me that if I wanted, he could do an LS1 front clip swap

Enjoy your LT1, it has its issues, but it's a fun car to drive. I also think LT1's sound a hell of a lot better than LS1's (to all the LS1 guys, I had a cammed and sprayed LS1 before my LT1)
    1997 30th Anniversary Camaro SS
    Forged 383 LT1, Vortech T-Trim with aftercooler, Aeromotive A1000, Strange 12 bolt, chromemoly DS, MSD Digital 7, MSD Opti, HVC coil, McLeod twin disk, the list goes on

2000 Pontiac Trans Am A4
    Magnaflow exhaust with quad tips

Thread Information