red
    1994 trans am lt1 6SPD

power adder for LT1

i have a 94 T/A with an LT1 and i was wanderin what would be some good mods to do to make this car scream!!! like which cam would be better to use a 503cc or gm hot cam.. open to any sugestions on anything to make me get the best results out of my car and still keep ot street legal

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

I would talk to LLoyd elliot or Advanced induction and look at doing a top end kit and freshen up the bottom end. They can put together something that is emissions legal if need be and it will be a screamer then. Depending on the millage that would be my plan. spend about 5k on getting the bottom end right and getting a set of worked heads and a custom grind cam In the mean time do a couple of bolt ons like shorty headers, Cold Air Intake, Cat back. I would then look at a clutch to go with what ever engine setup and a rear and go to town.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

How far do you want to go with it?

I started with a short throw shifter, headers, and gears. All of these were easy, fairly inexpensive, and did not harm normal driving.

As I began racing more at the drag strip, I dropped down to 15" rims and special purpose tires. I also began changing clutches (Centerforce had some issues a few years back).

I ended up moving the battery to the trunk, installing a six point roll bar, racing seats, dumping the six speed for a built 700R4 transmission with reverse throw manual valve body, a 383 stroker bottom end from Beck's Racing in AZ, and new heads from CNC Inc. All the "little stuff" was also upgraded as well as moving to Hooker long tubes, a 12 bolt from Moser Engineering, and various programming changes.

Every time I broke something I upgraded it. The little stuff adds up... 5-point harnesses, driveshaft loops, tranny blankets and coolers, aluminum driveshaft, shocks, springs, airbags... You can go as far as you want to go but a cold air intake, headers, shifter, clutch, torque converter, gearing, are all very streetable.

black
    1996 trans am

im doing the le2 package for loyed so i would talk to him he has a really good set up for cam head packages

Thread Information