Green
    1997 ws-6

need some help here

got firing issues on my 97 Lt1, new msd wires new platinum ac delco plugs. i have headers and Ypipe with Borla. my issue is that my opti spark isnt but 1 1/2 yrs old. with around 15k on it. i know that doesnt meen shit but i dont want to go and replace it and thats not be the problem. any way i replaced the fuel filter last week. its running like shit, missing at low RPMs once you hit 2800 it runs smoother. i was thinking injecter but thats also an expensive guess. any educated input would be helpfull. thanks

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Did you run the wires in the factory location and what size are they?

Green
    1997 ws-6

yah the wires are my 3rd set since the headers. i messed them up 2 times and this time my friend helped me with them on a lift so now i know they are done right. the are 8.5 MSD wires. and i have heat shield on them. i know they arent burnt. im thinking opti again, what do you think?

Green
    1997 ws-6

yes factory location

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
    yah the wires are my 3rd set since the headers. i messed them up 2 times and this time my friend helped me with them on a lift so now i know they are done right. the are 8.5 MSD wires. and i have heat shield on them. i know they arent burnt. im thinking opti again, what do you think?
    I can't see it being the opti, but what brand opti did you go with?

I have also noticed that putting a larger wire in the factory loom can damage them.

Have you checked the signal from the opti?

How old is your coil and what shape is the harness connecting to the coil? Try and wiggle it while it is running to see if it stalls out.

Green
    1997 ws-6

i went with the GM opti. i know the wires are good, we took our time putting them in and tying them back. i have had the car in the shop. they cant seem to figure out whats wrong with it. it threw 3 codes i know and they were because i installed headers and deleted some emissons crap, but i ran fine after that. im hoping to get this problem solved and sell the car and move to the LS1 side of the universe.

Thread Information