red
    1994 chevrolet camaro z28

need help wether to keep my camaro or not

hey guys whats up i had a question. one day i was at the gas station wit my camaro and this guy came up to me and we were talking for a while he asked me if i wanted to trade my camaro for his car. so i went to take a look at it and its a 1987 chevrolet monte carlo ss its got a 355 in it and alot of upgrades. its really loud and its got slicks and skinnies up front. he showed me a slip and it ran 10's. its a nice car the body is in perfect shape its got t tops and the interior is in good shape the engine only has 5,000 miles on it and trans has 2,000 miles on it with a 4:11 rear i dont kno what to do my camaro needs some work it needs wires and plugs and the header gasket is leaking and it needs a trans and he doesnt care about that but i dont kno what to do i like the camaro but the monte is sick. if you guys could help me out id appreciate it. thanks

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Check the monte for rust and rot. The common areas are the trunk, lower inner door bottoms, and rear wheelwells and quarter panels. Also see if the t-tops leak, the car is over 20 years old. I miss my monte carlo and if the right one came along I would do it. What kind of emission testing do you have?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

A straight up trade? sounds too good 2 be true on ur part

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

^ I agree. I'm trying to sell my car right now. I've had so many problems with it, it literally scares the shit out of me. I wish I would have gotten rid of it long ago. If someone is offering to take it off your hands and deal with its problems, I would let them. Repairs can get costly for these cars, trust me, I know.

red

yea i like the camaro alot but its got some problems and i dont kno what to do and the monte has no rust at all and the guy said if it breaks down which he guarentees it wont he said hell fix it. its all primered now and he wants to paint it for me but he said he will hook me up and i mean i like the camaro alot but idk and i like t tops which my camaro doesnt have and the monte is really fast

red

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Check the monte for rust and rot. The common areas are the trunk, lower inner door bottoms, and rear wheelwells and quarter panels. Also see if the t-tops leak, the car is over 20 years old. I miss my monte carlo and if the right one came along I would do it. What kind of emission testing do you have?

i dont kno but he siad he doesnt care about the problems on the camaro he said hes gonna take the engine out and do something sick so idk thanks for ur help

Black
    00 NHRA Formula

Sounds almost too good to be true. My advice...be extra paranoid about it

Quote Originally Posted by LT1ricekill View Post
    yea i like the camaro alot but its got some problems and i dont kno what to do and the monte has no rust at all and the guy said if it breaks down which he guarentees it wont he said hell fix it. its all primered now and he wants to paint it for me but he said he will hook me up and i mean i like the camaro alot but idk and i like t tops which my camaro doesnt have and the monte is really fast
    CHECK the body mounts!!!! research online where they all are, I believe theres either 7 or 11 of them... its ben awhile, but my old monte looked mint and you would be hard pressed to find a spec of rust on it but it had 4 totally blown body mounts cause of their recessed design everything rotted out around them, it took for ever to find a shop that wanted to touch it and they quoted me over $3000 to fix it right and lift the body off the frame etc I love 4th gen gbody's but their body mount design has to be one of the worsts ever.

Red and Black
    1995 Z28

be suspicious... get a mechanic or someone that is really good with a wrench to look it over... maybe even ask him to meet you at the track and have him run it, see if it really runs 10s

red

yea i dont kno what to do i mean i need a new trans and some other shit for my camaro and i like the monte its sick but i dont kno if i should get it thanks tho

Thread Information