red
    1994 chevrolet camaro z28

Smile need help on new car

hey whats up guys i just purchased a 1994 camaro z28 for 3,000 and it has 147,000 miles on the body and 80,000 on the engine, the body is in pretty good shape but it needs a transmission and a new distributor its also got some engine work done like a new throttle body,manifold,cold air intake, headers, cam,exhaust,Z06 rims, and 100 shot of nitrous. i just wanted to kno if im getting into trouble with it and sell it or just keep it. i mean its drivable and its got some balls but i really dont know if its worth the time. if you could help me out that be great, thanks.

red
    95 Z28

Well who knows if any of the engine work was done correctly. And with 147K miles on the clock (even if the engine only has 80), a shot of nitrous is pushing it on any LT1, well maintained or not. A tranny could easily cost you 1000$ or more, so it is up to you. I'm not sure I'd want to mess with it.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Wow only 3 grand? Its a great price

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

depends on if you like to work on cars. i'll take it off your hands for a slight fee if you want to get rid of it though. lol. i could play around with porting tools on the heads for some kicks. lol. seriously it depends on if you want to work on it though. if it needs a new tranny you are gonna have to do alot with it. you could go ahead and opt for a stage3 700r4 and do away with the electronics. you'd also get more to the wheels that way. look up bowtie overdrives for that

10's N/A

As long as your description of the car's running condition is somewhat accurate, I think you got a great deal. Even if everything is not 100%, with the upgrades like cam, headers, etc., it serves as a great starting point to building a respectable performer. Just put some time and TLC in her and she'll be nice.

As far as the squeeze goes, don't go that far just yet. Get everything else in order first (compression test, diagnostic of fuel/ignition system, rear-end etc etc etc.) and then you will know if she is up to the task of nitrous. Good luck buddy!

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Sounds like a good deal. Im selling my 94 Convertible Z-28 for 5000 with 116K on the car, I think you got it for a fair price at 3K. I would rather have the auto than the stick anyday, even if it needs replacing.

red

thanks guys i mean it runs great i drive alittle hear and there and some of my friends with there ricers are scared to race me even tho its only got 2 gears lol its also got a new rear that i forgot to mention its a 373 its a good car the body is in great condition i just dont kno tho i mean i kno alot aabout cars to work on it its just i need the time and money

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Yeah those are two things that are unfortunately hard to come by...

red

also i said it was a 94 but on the door it says it was made in august of 93 so i really dont kno if its a 93 or a 94 how do i tell i looked at the vin number and usually it tells u it has a 3 it the number but i think its a 94 cause someone to me 93's had a 4l60 but the 94's had the 4l60e so i really dont kno if u could help me out that be great

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by LT1ricekill View Post
    also i said it was a 94 but on the door it says it was made in august of 93 so i really dont kno if its a 93 or a 94 how do i tell i looked at the vin number and usually it tells u it has a 3 it the number but i think its a 94 cause someone to me 93's had a 4l60 but the 94's had the 4l60e so i really dont kno if u could help me out that be great
    Most likely it's an early production 1994 car. The easiest way to find out is to pop the hood and see if there is a MAF sensor between the air cleaner box and intake elbow. If so, then it's a '94.

red

yea there is thanks alot man one other thing i wanna put a loud exhaust on it and i wanna get the slp loudmouth but i really dont kno i wanna make it as loud as possible i could do open headers but thats insane loud, i just wanna take the cat out and do something nice and loud

red

yo

can u tell by this picture i think its at the bottom right if thats what ur talking about

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

on any car if its produced after the 6th month it is considered the next year production. So its a 94.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I personally would keep it and fix it, Im sure you can find a transmission shop to re-build that tranny for around 5-600$

I love the LT1 torque!!

red

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    I personally would keep it and fix it, Im sure you can find a transmission shop to re-build that tranny for around 5-600$

I love the LT1 torque!!

thanks man i appreciate it alot im probably gonna keep it i like it alot

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Even if you spend 2k on updrades or repairs, The car you cannot buy less than 5 running solid. Also your sounds like it has alot of upgrades, So you not hurting at all if you keep it.

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Most likely it's an early production 1994 car. The easiest way to find out is to pop the hood and see if there is a MAF sensor between the air cleaner box and intake elbow. If so, then it's a '94.
    nope...the easiest way is to check the vin....the tenth digit tells the year of the vehicle....all u have to do is glance at the vin tag...dont have to open anything lol....if its a '93 the tenth digit will be "P", if not then you know its a '94

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Even if you spend 2k on updrades or repairs, The car you cannot buy less than 5 running solid. Also your sounds like it has alot of upgrades, So you not hurting at all if you keep it.
    i dunno i spent 3700 on mine and it's perfect

red

Quote Originally Posted by 01ArcticFormula View Post
    nope...the easiest way is to check the vin....the tenth digit tells the year of the vehicle....all u have to do is glance at the vin tag...dont have to open anything lol....if its a '93 the tenth digit will be "P", if not then you know its a '94
    yea its a 94 thanks man

Thread Information