Thread: More hp?

Silver
    1995 Pontiac Transam

More hp?

Ok i have an Lt1 in my 1995 transam. It has about 320 hp right now. All i have done to it right now is ram air performance chip and magnaflow exaust. and 17'' wheels. What else should i do to it with out spending a bunch of money on parts?
    Last edited by Tmont; 02-10-2010 at 05:59 PM.

red
    95 Z28

You had 275hp to begin with, and you didnt add 60hp with a chip and catback. In fact you might be losing hp with the chip. Stuff like hypertech is junk when it comes to their "power' tuning. The magnaflow got you maybe 10-12hp or so, the chip nothing, and ram air has no effect whatsoever at speeds attained on public roads. The cold air aspect of it may have gotten you 5hp. The next step is headers, high flow cat to finish off your exhaust. Then maybe a dyno tune, take that chip out, and then it gets alot more expensive.

Silver
    1995 Pontiac Transam

It has full exaust bro. and the ram air gave 15 hp and the chip gave it 10 hp. and it has 325 hp

Silver
    1995 Pontiac Transam

i didnt mean to put 335. and it could be less hp.. but thats every thing my bro told me. i gave me the damn car so honestly i dont i have not been able to dyno it to find out exactly how much horse it has. I am just going from what he told me.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

If you are going off what the sales add said you are mistaken. Are you talkin flywheel #'s or rwhp #'s because my ls-1 with headers and all the other bolt-on stuff makes 338rwhp.
    Full exhaust includes long tubes.
    edit read your last post your buddy is mistaken

Silver
    1995 Pontiac Transam

and it also has 17 inch wheels dont really know if that helps much but im a diesel mechanic i dont know shit about cars.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Tmont View Post
    and it also has 17 inch wheels dont really know if that helps much but im a diesel mechanic i dont know shit about cars.
    Only if they weight less then what was on there originally-don't expect miracles.

Silver
    1995 Pontiac Transam

if it came to a powerstroke i would not need to ask questions.. but thanks for your help.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

if it came to a powerstroke i would not need to ask questions.. but thanks for your help.
    If it came to a powerstroke I would be looking for the sparkplugs

Silver
    1995 Pontiac Transam

thats fucked up... funny... but still messed up

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

An easy upgrade is to replace the stock air box with the LS1 style. Makes a good improvement over the factory tubing over to the wheel well.

Also Long Tube headers. I have put an electric waterpump and the engine runs cooler and saves a bit of HP.

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

red
    95 Z28

i didnt mean to put 335. and it could be less hp.. but thats every thing my bro told me. i gave me the damn car so honestly i dont i have not been able to dyno it to find out exactly how much horse it has. I am just going from what he told me.

Your brother is quoting numbers that are advertised. I'm telling you what you most likely got in the real world. If all you have is a magnaflow catback, you dont have a full exhaust, nowhere close. In fact the factory catback is the least restrictive part of the factory exhaust system. As for ram air, what exactly do you have? I can tell you with scientific certainty that there is absolutely no "ram" effect until you're well over 150mph in most cases. Ram air is a gimmick and is for looks. If your kit functions in any way as a cold air induction, you might be getting 10hp from it. And the chip aint doin shit. This isnt like a programmer on a diesel (stroke, cummins, dmax), where large gains can be had from all programmers. You might be getting 5hp, but I'd say closer to zero gains.

Silver
    1995 Pontiac Transam

The ram air is off of a firehawk. and i emailed him last night and the only reason why he put the chip in is to pass the govner. and he said that it probably has between 305 and 310 horse. witch to me sounds alot closer to what it has.

red
    95 Z28

agreed. 305 to 310 is probably reasonable.

Thread Information