Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

LT1 Guys...Need Help!

Quick question. On my recently purchased '93 Formula, the IAT sensor signal and ground wires are both identical grey/black, which is unlike my other LT1. From an upright point of view (connector in it's factory location), which wire is ground, and which is signal - left or right? I won't have access to a DVOM until monday so it would be great if I could get help before then. Thanks a lot guys!

haynes book

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

What the heck is 'Haynes Book', and if it cost$ I don't wan't it. I'm looking for 'free' info.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    What the heck is 'Haynes Book', and if it cost$ I don't wan't it. I'm looking for 'free' info.

It is a repair manual for your car. They're handy to have around for certain things, and only cost like 15-20$. Dont be cheap

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

You can check out a Chilton's or Haynes manual from your library. That's what I did for my waterpump and AC compressor. I did not find either to be especially helpful. I don't know, I guess I thought they would be more detailed. But it wouldn't hurt to check one out if you don't want to buy one.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

I was able to borrow my bud's ohm meter and found my answer. Thanks a lot guys!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Amazon.com great deals on books

Red and Black
    1995 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    Quick question. On my recently purchased '93 Formula, the IAT sensor signal and ground wires are both identical grey/black, which is unlike my other LT1. From an upright point of view (connector in it's factory location), which wire is ground, and which is signal - left or right? I won't have access to a DVOM until monday so it would be great if I could get help before then. Thanks a lot guys!
    Dude, go with the Haynes book. It has become my bible. A lot of people do not know our engine, and I believe the 93 is a little more prone to problems than most of them (please, someone correct me if I am wrong). I think $20 sounds about right that you can find at Kragen. It is good to just read through them, and you can catch problems in your motor quicker. A lot of mechanics screw up on the LT1 engine, or take forever trying to figure them out because not a lot of people have them anymore. Also, if you have a stock clutch, I would go ahead and replace that before it goes (assuming you have a M6), because they tend to. LuK Pro Gold is a good, inexpensive option. They are high quality and nearly bulletproof. I think it is one of the best clutches for our cars, assuming they are a daily driver.
    I am going to need a new Haynes book because mine is so stained with oil, grease, tranny fluid, ect. It has seen better days. I can tell the guy that had the car before me had most of the work done for him (he gave me the reciepts), mostly because the book he gave me was nearly unstained before I got it.

Thread Information